Charlie Strong to Undergo The Saban Dip

To be honest, I thought Charlie Strong would be a better HC than he has turned out to be. Texas kinda broke him I think.

Anyway, speaking of ole Botch, we should start of poll of how many games this season before Arky St fires him.

Charlie had very few fans or allies in Austin from day one.

But yeah, I don’t disagree with your first sentence. I thought he would be another DC to HC success story like Bob Stoops.

To be honest, I thought Charlie Strong would be a better HC than he has turned out to be. Texas kinda broke him I think.

Anyway, speaking of ole Botch, we should start of poll of how many games this season before Arky St fires him.
Charlie Strong without Teddy Bridgewater is a .500 coach. Bridgewater is the only reason he was looked at as better than he was.

Charlie Strong without Teddy Bridgewater is a .500 coach. Bridgewater is the only reason he was looked at as better than he was.

I mean I can't argue with that.

You could say the same for many head coaches though. Hell, remove the two Jameis years and Jimbo has a middling record all things considered.

Hell, Mack Brown hasn't exactly been a world beater without Vince Young and he's still a HC 20 years later.

Reactions: Lawrence Wright

.500 is being kind. Bridgewater made String a nice career. He’s been bad everywhere since.

Hell, Mack Brown hasn't exactly been a world beater without Vince Young and he's still a HC 20 years later.

I guess you forgot about Mack going undefeated at Tulane in ‘98, winning then at UNC after they’d been bad in order to get the Texas job, then rebuilding Texas (Tx was a disaster before MB) to a NC with VY. Please, there’s no comparison between Brown & Strong’s careers.

.500 is being kind. Bridgewater made String a nice career. He’s been bad everywhere since.

I guess you forgot about Mack going undefeated at Tulane in ‘98, winning then at UNC after they’d been bad in order to get the Texas job, then rebuilding Texas (Tx was a disaster before MB) to a NC with VY. Please, there’s no comparison between Brown & Strong’s careers.

I was referring to his record after the national championship. Quite frankly, I don't really give much weight to records at g5 schools after coaches move up to the power 5. Hell, even Botch was an all-star at CMU and Cincy.

I haven't dug into it, but I would wager Mack has been about .600 or so since winning the NC. Some great seasons and a bunch of bad ones. He has always been a better politician/fundraiser than coach.

And got back to the NC game with Colt McCoy. May have won if he hasn’t been injured in the first half.

VN Store

Back