JG is with coach Zach Azzani @ Denver

Dobbs had same zero coaching, but the cream rises to the top no matter if its cream. JG may have been slightly better with different coaching, but he is a slow thinker not a true dual threat who ever labeled him the top 2 dual threat in recruiting should be banned from recruiting services. He runs around 4-8 to 4-9 forty and makes bad decisions when lights come on. He could make a great scout team QB in Pros for the Taxi squad. Just a great practice player but not a gamer.
By all I've ever heard minus the pouting vs GT and the going rogue vs Alabama, he is a great teammate and all-around good guy.

Dobbs was incredible. If I had to build a team and could pick between Hooker and Dobbs, I'm not sure who I'd take.

But Dobbs also had 3 future NFL draft picks to hand the ball off to, including a future 5x Pro Bowler & ROY as the 3rd string one and was throwing the ball to Josh Malone, Jauan Jennings, Jason Croom, and Ethan Wolf.

Dobbs had same zero coaching, but the cream rises to the top no matter if its cream. JG may have been slightly better with different coaching, but he is a slow thinker not a true dual threat who ever labeled him the top 2 dual threat in recruiting should be banned from recruiting services. He runs around 4-8 to 4-9 forty and makes bad decisions when lights come on. He could make a great scout team QB in Pros for the Taxi squad. Just a great practice player but not a gamer.
By all I've ever heard minus the pouting vs GT and the going rogue vs Alabama, he is a great teammate and all-around good guy.

This is all pure conjecture. You think Hooker would have been what he became under Pruitt? No freaking way. Also, Dobbs didn’t play under 2 different HCs and 5 different OCs. If you don’t think having competent coaching doesn’t make a difference then you are just flat out weonf

Reactions: WoodsmanVol
Yes he did. As evident of his offer list. Also, remind me again how many TN QBs have had a game where 3 different WRs had over 109 yards receiving?

“Guarantano told B/R's Tyler Donohue recently that Ohio State coach Urban Meyer likened his passing to former No. 1 draft pick Alex Smith and his running to current Buckeyes quarterback Braxton Miller.”

E9A53F8D-2B09-41AD-BA9C-4C44C5DE4454.gif

55% 4592 yards 7.8 Y/A 32TDs 16 INTs 133.6 rate

61.5% 6174 yards 7.6 Y/A 38 TDs 17 INTs 136.6 rate

One of these QBs had virtually zero QB coaching throughout his career. He also went through the 2 worst HCs in school history. He also 4 different OCs at TN. Oh and a team that had little to no NFL talent. This QB played behind some of the worst OLs we have seen at TN on a LONG time.

While the other QB was part of a juggernaut program at the time teeming with NFL talent on both sides of the ball. Had TNs best coach ever and great offensive play calling and developing. This QB had a great OL, RB and OL.

I wonder if you can guess which stats goes with which description of the QB.

God bless, did you watch any games during his career? Care to explain why it only took him 2 games to be benched for a walk on at Washington st. He simply could not process information fast enough to play quarterback at the d-1 level.

God bless, did you watch any games during his career? Care to explain why it only took him 2 games to be benched for a walk on at Washington st. He simply could not process information fast enough to play quarterback at the d-1 level.
Go watch the BYU game. His stat line at first glance is pretty good. Anyone that actually watched the game knows that he was the reason we didn’t blow them out and eventually lost. But the stats were decent though

I was at
Go watch the BYU game. His stat line at first glance is pretty good. Anyone that actually watched the game knows that he was the reason we didn’t blow them out and eventually lost. But the stats were decent though
I was at that game, he handicapped the offense like he did his entire career. He simply cannot process information fast enough to play quarterback.

Perhaps overlooked or ignored is the fact that Dobbs was not only VERY mobile, but deceptively so. Even at speed, he just didn't look fast, basically made your eyes lie to you. I read something, I think, where more than person said, Dobbs looked like was jogging or mildly galloping. But then he'd blow by you, even people standing on the sideline, had WTF moments at how fast he went by. He seemed to have an almost magical ability to get out of trouble. There were times a defense had him dead to the rights, surrounded, fenced in, at times, 15-20 yards back from where the ball was snapped. Yet somehow, he escaped. Fir me, the darnest thing was that his jukes, if you can even call it that, didn't look like jukes, No real Barry Sanders or Michael Vick, moves. He was more like Fran Tarkenton, he was just slippery, sort of catch me if you can, where he seemed to instinctly twist or turn just out of your reach, and then, he was gone. Both the Dobbgoblin amd Frantic Fran, often escaped to make p[lays with or without their OL providing any significant blocking. JG didn't have this, so no, in NO way can you compare him or his situation as being similar to Dobbs. Except they both had head coaches who didn't know what they were doing.

I just realized something. I tend to give our players nicknames. It just hit me that I never even considered giving JG one. Hmmmm, I wonder if jittery Jarrett would have fit?

Reactions: knox73
JG has certainly found himself in a fortunate position. As of now, he is the only QB on the roster other than Russell Wilson. Sean Payton has a track record of getting the best out of the QB position. He should be able to get some pretty decent playing time in the pre-season if he plays his cards right. This may resurrect his development and give him a legit chance to stay on an NFL roster for a while.

VN Store

Back