The Official #11 Tennessee @ #25 Texas A&M Game Thread, 7:00 PM ET, ESPN

Please don’t blame officiating. We’ve lost 5-7 games. At the end of the day, players must adjust to how the game is officiated.

Most of us played sports of some sort as a kid, high school student, and/or college. Many of us coached at some level, too.

At the end of the day, TN can’t shoot, makes poor decisions resulting in turnovers and allowed too many second chance shots.

Why did ON and ZZ shoot the last three balls? There at elite questions than answers rt now and I don’t think Phillips and JJJ can change the trajectory of this team. They lack confidence and find a way to lose a close game every night.
I agree on all counts. I'll also add the JJJ and Phillips aren't fixing anything when they come back. They've been just as inconsistent and sloppy at times as everyone else. The issue starts with the staff.

The Aggies whole team, every player playing attacked the rim on us! We had 4 fouls within the first 2 min after halftime! On offense we had 2 many turnovers, & even some shot clock violations. There is just not enough movement in this offense. We need to free up our players. We are foul happy on defense! I just wish our players would just square up with their hands up & not jump! We sent A&M to the FT line off of 3"s a few times. Speaking of FT"s the killed us from the line!

Offense has been stagnant for over a month now and someone needs to tell ZZ he isn't a great 3 point shooter. He is 15/60 last 8 games by my quick count.

Teams have adjusted to his quickness and are daring him to shoot the 3. It obviously isn't working. Needs to be setting up his teammates more and these other guys need to get aggressive on offense instead of standing around with their thumbs inserted in their orifices.

Santi is far from our problems.

Dude is constantly being double teamed because he’s a respected shooter.

He plays his a$$ off.
Santi isn't THE problem, but he's part of the problem. He is just as sloppy and inconsistent as everyone else, he just also happens to be a slightly better shooter.

Key has been the biggest disappointment. He’s pretty much done nothing all year long. 3 points tonight. 3! You can’t win games when your senior transfer backup PG contributes so damn little to the team. I didn’t expect him to be a 12-15 PPG ALL-SEC caliber player, but I was told he’d be better than whatever this is.
He really was the bust that broke this team. That and JJJ being hurt so much.

Reactions: LibertyVol
Sucks the ******** ass SEC and their corrupt officials got in our heads the first Kentucky game. Hasn’t been the same since.

The free throw discrepancy is absurd. Some people that can maintain composure in the face of obvious corruption thaf have editing skills should put a reel of the BS calls together and call out the SEC.

I’m tired of this
Wow. Now it's not only the refs in this game. Now it's the refs from the Kentucky game that cost us this game? LOL.

Reactions: FranklinVFL
Im convinced at the this point that Barnes and staff just don't know how to develop those skills. Outside of Grant Williams, who has this staff developed into a legit post threat? Fulkerson had one good year, but outside of that year he looked just as inconsistent and dysfunctional as this team does. We've had tons of talent in the post, but none of them have developed the way they were expected to in the last 3 or 4 years, including the guys on the roster now. ON, Aidoo, and Uros were all highly thought of and none of them have developed into consistently competent post players.

ON and Uros were not highly thought of. Post play has been a problem, but Estrella is the best one in several years.

Offense has been stagnant for over a month now and someone needs to tell ZZ he isn't a great 3 point shooter. He is 15/60 last 8 games by my quick count.

Teams have adjusted to his quickness and are daring him to shoot the 3. It obviously isn't working. Needs to be setting up his teammates more and these other guys need to get aggressive on offense instead of standing around with their thumbs inserted in their orifices.
He just doesn't play smart and needs to sit. Barnes doesn't have a better option which is on him.

JJJ should have expanded his game more to help ZZ.

JJJ definitely isn’t quick but with his size and strength, there’s no reason he shouldn’t be attacking the rim.

Worst case scenario, he draws a foul.

Reactions: JoeMiltonsAgent
He is literally shooting 40% from 3 in conference play. It’s not arguable, it is a fact. You must be a troll, he’s probably the second greatest shooter in the history of this program. Unreal takes from you tonight, boss man.

You think SV is the second greatest shooter in program history? Wtf

Reactions: JoeMiltonsAgent
That may be true, but Pat Adams flat out ruins basketball games
I’d love to see that stats on our games where he’s been on the call compared to games where he hasn’t been on the call. I bet there are some interesting correlations if you really analyzed the data. I’m just too lazy to do it

Im convinced at the this point that Barnes and staff just don't know how to develop those skills. Outside of Grant Williams, who has this staff developed into a legit post threat? Fulkerson had one good year, but outside of that year he looked just as inconsistent and dysfunctional as this team does. We've had tons of talent in the post, but none of them have developed the way they were expected to in the last 3 or 4 years, including the guys on the roster now. ON, Aidoo, and Uros were all highly thought of and none of them have developed into consistently competent post players.

I’m not giving up on Aidoo just yet. The talent is there for him. Needs to get stronger. ON was making bone headed plays from the moment he played his first minute here. Whether it be low basketball IQ or just playing tight when the lights come on, the guy has never had the mental side of the game. Uros brings little to the table aside from being big. Not athletic and not a good rebounder or shot blocker for his size.

All that to say, the post talent isn’t great imo. That’s not excusing Barnes by any means. He recruited these guys. He had DJ Burns, who I get had some off the court issues, but that guy would have helped this team immensely on the offensive end.

Bottom line: Barnes can either go get / develop a good offensive post threat or we will keep having to rely way too much on our guards which is a lot of the problem now for us offensively.

So, announcers were saying Barnes was complaining about how different teams play with different kinds of balls? If this is true, I agree that is BS.

VN Store

Back