2023 Recruiting

As a prologue to the falls from grace of Old Dominion and LATech. When was the last Husky NC?
Not sure where you’re going with that question, but just in case….2016, they just had the opportunity to compete for one last year, and we haven’t had the opportunity to compete for one in what….15 years.

Miller can shoot the ball that is obvious from the video I have seen. She has a nice release. She is also much more athletic than Saunders and more skilled in the post. Anyone comparing her to Harris doesn't know much about basketball. I really like her from the video more than Striplin. I think the right coaching staff could develop her into a fairly good player. I don't see what people are so upset about she looks like a player that has some offensive skills and fairly good speed and handle. We have a lot of scholarships available think she is worth one of them. She has some big school offers including Arizona State and Louisville.

Also Arizona who had a really good class recruited has offered her. I think probably Arizona and New Mexico are the favorites.

Last edited:
I thought her shot looked a little wonky,,, but in the highlight videos she never missed, so??
I don't know if our staff can evaluate a player but I trust Arizona and Louisville to be able to do it. The surprise offer is Arizona they have recruited very well. Louisville needs some players and so do we.

Miller can shoot the ball that is obvious from the video I have seen. She has a nice release. She is also much more athletic than Saunders and more skilled in the post. Anyone comparing her to Harris doesn't know much about basketball. I really like her from the video more than Striplin. I think the right coaching staff could develop her into a fairly good player. I don't see what people are so upset about she looks like a player that has some offensive skills and fairly good speed and handle. We have a lot of scholarships available think she is worth one of them. She has some big school offers including Arizona State and Louisville.

Also Arizona who had a really good class recruited has offered her. I think probably Arizona and New Mexico are the favorites.

She reminds me of the player from Princeton a few seasons ago. Bella Alarie(sp) long and athletic like that with a nice shot. She really became a nice player over her career.

Reactions: Volfan2012
She reminds me of the player from Princeton a few seasons ago. Bella Alarie(sp) long and athletic like that with a nice shot. She really became a nice player over her career.
She is outside the 100 for sure and the competition may not be that good but 20 points and 13 rebounds and 4 blocks per game are still good stats. When you have like 7 scholarships to give you can take a player like her.

She got to the WNBA so yes she had to be a good player and hopefully this player could be close to that ability.

Not comparing Miller to Harris from a skillset standpoint, but the circumstances are the same. Holly struck out on most of her recruitment targets, and she signed Kamera at the 11th hour. Looks like this is a similar situation. Then again, we've heard ad nauseum how Kellie is turning down 5-stars who are begging to come to Tennessee...left and right...because they aren't the right fit. Perhaps Miller is that prize that she's been holding out for...

Not comparing Miller to Harris from a skillset standpoint, but the circumstances are the same. Holly struck out on most of her recruitment targets, and she signed Kamera at the 11th hour. Looks like this is a similar situation. Then again, we've heard ad nauseum how Kellie is turning down 5-stars who are begging to come to Tennessee...left and right...because they aren't the right fit. Perhaps Miller is that prize that she's been holding out for...
If we take this player:

gametime will fall in love with her immediately, and constantly and faithfully push for more pt for her

Fire the coach crowd will alternate btw why did we recruit her and why isn't she playing more.

The rest of us will hit copy on that old familiar post about how our team is just not athletic enough.

I don't think she is a prize recruit, but she will get a D1 scholarship and I don't think it will be Tennessee. I think she might be going to New Mexico because they also offered her sister who is in Juco. I don't think were going to do that and neither will Louisville or Arizona. The big surprise is why Arizona offered her. They have an elite recruiting class and a lot of returnees. When you are going to the portal with probably seven scholarships available you can offer one or two players like this player. I don't think Kellie has turned down any five star players that wanted to come here.

If we take this player:

gametime will fall in love with her immediately, and constantly and faithfully push for more pt for her

Fire the coach crowd will alternate btw why did we recruit her and why isn't she playing more.

The rest of us will hit copy on that old familiar post about how our team is just not athletic enough.
It is not if we take this player she would have to take us which probably won't happen. She has about 20 D1 scholarship offers and some have been recruiting her long before we decided to do so. I see it as just an offer which won't go anywhere as I think she already has an idea of the schools she is interested in the most.

Reactions: djtee
If we take this player:

All of this. You understand me so well lol.

I don't think she is a prize recruit, but she will get a D1 scholarship and I don't think it will be Tennessee. I think she might be going to New Mexico because they also offered her sister who is in Juco. I don't think were going to do that and neither will Louisville or Arizona. The big surprise is why Arizona offered her. They have an elite recruiting class and a lot of returnees. When you are going to the portal with probably seven scholarships available you can offer one or two players like this player. I don't think Kellie has turned down any five star players that wanted to come here.

Louisville has 0 recruits in the class of 2023 and right now there current roster has 5 gr transfers. So they will need some spots more thur the portal i think.

Louisville has 0 recruits in the class of 2023 and right now there current roster has 5 gr transfers. So they will need some spots more thur the portal i think.
Yes just like Tennessee will need portal recruits. Louisville has gotten a visit from Miller at least. I think she ends up at New Mexico and don't know if Arizona or Arizona St will get visits or not. I think for Tennessee it is nothing but an offer don't see her as having Tennessee in her top five places to go. Louisville might be in the top five.

Reactions: djtee
Yes just like Tennessee will need portal recruits. Louisville has gotten a visit from Miller at least. I think she ends up at New Mexico and don't know if Arizona or Arizona St will get visits or not. I think for Tennessee it is nothing but an offer don't see her as having Tennessee in her top five places to go. Louisville might be in the top five.

I`m thinking New Mexico or Arizona St ?

Reactions: Volfan2012
I think both Tennessee and Louisville will try to sign some kind of freshman just so they can say they have one. I think there is a player at Southside high school in Jackson, Tn that could be a D1 quality player. You can find them don't have to be on the Hoopsgurlz 100 list. Miss St was really good at it when they had Vince. He would mix them in with a five star or two and have highly competitive teams.

VN Store

Back