Kevin Steele is Bama’s DC

HE WAS FIRED FROM ALABAMA.

HE WAS FIRED FROM CLEMSON.

HE SUCKED AT MIAMI.

Jesus, read what you’re arguing against. Steele has a history of failing AS A DEFENSIVE COORDINATOR. I don’t have to cherry pick…so I didn’t. I pointed out his MULTIPLE FAILURES.

That’s not judging based on a 1 year performance…it’s judging him based on a track record of failure. But yeah, I’m sure Heupel is quaking in his boots because he did alright at Auburn for a few years. 🙄
You are falling on a dumb grenade

Reactions: Vol8188
HE WAS FIRED FROM ALABAMA.

HE WAS FIRED FROM CLEMSON.

HE SUCKED AT MIAMI.

Jesus, read what you’re arguing against. Steele has a history of failing AS A DEFENSIVE COORDINATOR. I don’t have to cherry pick…so I didn’t. I pointed out his MULTIPLE FAILURES.

That’s not judging based on a 1 year performance…it’s judging him based on a track record of failure. But yeah, I’m sure Heupel is quaking in his boots because he did alright at Auburn for a few years. 🙄

Miami is a 1 year performance.

Heupel was fired too. I guess we should’ve never hired him

Ummm he wasn't fired by Miami

Don’t you come in here with facts! We are here to use capital letters and proclaim we know more than Nick saban about defensive coordinators.

I hope CJH has this guy by his side next time he hires one

You’re not much of a reader are you?

Ironic comment, given your comments in this thread.

I know what you said. If Saban can get almost whoever he wants and hired Steele, a guy he’s already fired from the same position, he’s slipping.

But sure, chicken little it up. I see this as the good thing it is, because I feared Saban might hire a good DC to replace Golding. Instead, he hired Kevin Steele.

Miami is a 1 year performance.

Heupel was fired too. I guess we should’ve never hired him

You can’t be this tragically stupid. You literally quoted me pointing out failures at 3 schools and respond, “Miami is a 1 year performance.” 😂🤣🙄

But I’m guessing you’re too dumb to be embarrassed. Goodnight. Don’t forget to breathe.

Ironic comment, given your comments in this thread.

I know what you said. If Saban can get almost whoever he wants and hired Steele, a guy he’s already fired from the same position, he’s slipping.

But sure, chicken little it up. I see this as the good thing it is, because I feared Saban might hire a good DC to replace Golding. Instead, he hired Kevin Steele.

Clearly you don’t know what I said considering your response to “almost anyone” was “no! He was turned down once!”

Yes, Nick Saban can get almost anyone he wants. That’s how this works. When you’ve been elite for nearly 2 decades, the majority of coaches are going to want to be a part of that.

Claiming he’s slipping is a mix of ignorance and wishful thinking.

Lol chicken little it up? Wtf are you talking about? I’m not claiming this is the end of the world for us, the secw or anyone else. I’m just stating you’re ignorant if you think saban is slipping, this is a bad hire, or that he can’t land the majority of coaches if he wanted them

Reactions: volfanhill
Don’t you come in here with facts! We are here to use capital letters and proclaim we know more than Nick saban about defensive coordinators.

I hope CJH has this guy by his side next time he hires one

No one said he was fired at Miami. Again, all you have to do is read.

You can’t be this tragically stupid. You literally quoted me pointing out failures at 3 schools and respond, “Miami is a 1 year performance.” 😂🤣🙄

But I’m guessing you’re too dumb to be embarrassed. Goodnight. Don’t forget to breathe.

Yes Miami was one year

But okay. He’s been fired twice in 39 years?….Heupel has been fired once in far less. I guess we made a bad hire

The game where Bama was without their best WRs but destroyed Georgia earlier in the season with them?

Georgia’s schedule is bad. I agree. They also almost lost to Missouri despite that last season. There’s more variables in this game than you’re pretending there to be.
It’s college football, the sport that has the least parity from year to year. I feel very confident UGa will be back in the CFPs next year, they are literally the best program right now. How do I know? See list of reasons from post above you just ignored.

Seriously? He coordinated the worst defense of Saban’s tenure in 2007, then Saban axed him and brought in Kirby.

He came back in 2013 as director of player personnel after Dabo fired him from Clemson following the 70 point debacle against West Virginia, then coached LBs in 2014. Kirby was still the DC. He sucked as DC at both Alabama and Clemson.

Then he got jobs at both LSU and Auburn and did better, but not well enough to be retained after Gus was fired. Then Fulmer gave him a bunch of UT’s money to do nothing, then he sat a year. Cristobol hired him as Miami’s DC last year and they were awful, giving up 45 points to MTSU, to point out one of a few terrible performances.

Yes, this is good for Tennessee because he’s a washed-up 64 year-old coach who had a couple of decent defenses, but mostly underperformed with the talent he had. Clemson and Alabama both improved because of his departure.

This is a step down from Golding. I have to think Heupel is happy.
Imagine what it’s gonna be like when Heupel drops 70 on his defense next year!😮

Reactions: NighthawkVol
I was hoping it would be Beldar…I really wanted to see us light him up a few times before he got fired for not being able to stop us…

The only thing I would like to see more than that is an OOC game against Arkansas St.

I’m not referring to my opinion as a fact. I’m referring to the facts of his performance, meaning my opinion is backed by facts.

Hey, which defensive performance impressed you most last year? The 45 points they “held” MTSU to? The 42 points Pitt “only” scored on them? Duke’s 45 points? Florida State’s 45? Those are some elite defensive performances! Not as elite as the 70 he gave up to West Virginia while at Clemson, though!
😂🤣😂

Dude’s been fired by both elite coaches who hired him, and for good reason, both programs shot up to elite as a result, but some of y’all are so hellbent on doom and gloom that you refuse to acknowledge what a garbage hire this is for Alabama (and a good thing for UT)…to the point that you go so far as to focus on the fact that he was “hired” by Dabo and Saban, while ignoring the fact he was subsequently canned by both.

If UT made this hire, I guarantee you’d see the negative.

Steele sucks. The facts support that. Period.
Yep, he’s right^

Glad to see Steele back in crimson. Vols by fiddy next year in toothaloosa.

Judging a programs year one performances doesn’t provide a lot of valid data. Miami was bad all around last year and there’s a reason the previous staff was shown the door.

Not at all. I wanted Steele years ago when we were rumored to back out over his performance in 1 game. He’s a great hire for any program.

If he sucks, Nick Saban wouldn’t have hired him.

Yes, he’s been fired. Plenty of great coaches have. Heupel has been fired
If he was that great then CJH would've kept him around when he was hired...I mean since he is such an elite coach and all :cool:

Reactions: NighthawkVol
Actually sir if you scroll up you will see your own posts which easily out stupid anything I could've ever written on this board...But it is true, Nobody wanted the job and he made a quick hire...Simple as that.

If you believe no one wants to coach either the most talented or second most talented defense in college football, you’re out of your mind

If you believe no one wants to coach either the most talented or second most talented defense in college football, you’re out of your mind
They didn't actually line up to coach there...He went through a lot of coaches who showed no interest to having to hire Steele which is a desperation hire at this point....If you don't want to believe that then fine but saying he is some kind of defensive genius and anyone would be lucky to have him is a bit over board...If he was that good then a lot of other teams would've been fighting for his services.

They didn't actually line up to coach there...He went through a lot of coaches who showed no interest to having to hire Steele which is a desperation hire at this point....If you don't want to believe that then fine but saying he is some kind of defensive genius and anyone would be lucky to have him is a bit over board...If he was that good then a lot of other teams would've been fighting for his services.

Defensive genius? Keep beating that strawman. You’re doing great

VN Store

Back