The Official Tennessee Titans thread IV

Isn’t overhauling the entire offensive line and entire wide receiver corp pretty much a massive overhaul? That’d be like only like 2 positions out of 11 on offense (QB and RB) not getting overhauled.
I think if they add another receiver in the draft, possibly another through free agency and a left tackle, right tackle and a center they could roll with it.

Reactions: CPA
Isn’t overhauling the entire offensive line and entire wide receiver corp pretty much a massive overhaul? That’d be like only like 2 positions out of 11 on offense (QB and RB) not getting overhauled.

I really don’t think so.

It’s not sexy but i would not be opposed going tackle and guard with first two picks if guys are there. Getting a combo of Paris and Wright would be a steal. From there, we just need to add another receiver and tight end. What scares me is if our pick comes around and Mayer from ND is there, we pick him. I think he’s gonna be a stud tight end in the nfl but I really want us to draft a tackle with first pick and lock that up.

I think between line receiver, we are 4 players away from revamping the starters. Draft 2 and sign 2. 3 lineman in total with a receiver.

Carthon was one of my favorites but I'm having second thoughts after reading stuff like this...

Titans need a complete overhaul of Offensive philosophy and this sounds like a reinforcement of the same old pound the rock to set up 3rd and long passes.

I understand your point, but I don't think these guys are beholden to any single offensive philosophy. If they had an elite passing QB, we would probably center our offense around that. If we have a generational talent at RB paired with a less-than-elite QB (which includes Tannehill even though he is decent), we are likely going to emphasize the running game. Coaches can only work with what they've got.

I would love a shift in philosophy to modernize the offense, mainly because I believe it is more fun to watch and is simply a better brand of football. But good QB's are damn hard to find. Gotta remember where this franchise has been, post-McNair it took us 15 years just to find a decent starter in Tannehill.

I don't expect Ran Carthon to come in and work miracles. I just expect him to improve the roster enough to at least give Vrabel a chance to maximize whatever combination of talent we are able to cobble together.

Reactions: CPA
Only the coaching profession and maybe politics can someone be fired multiple times and yet consistently be rehired.

I'd love to have Roman. Coaches get fired for poor reasons all the time in the NFL. Like our offensive line coach last season. Unless he personally injured Lewan and selected Isaiah Wilson, I have a hard time blaming him.

We have 4-5 guys on offense to work with. RT, Henry, Burks, and our TE (not even going to try spelling that). Then probably Davis on the OL.

But yeah 4 offensive linemen, a number 1 WR, a 2nd TE and/or slot WR along with improving at corner and pass rusher is a massive number of needs. We basically have needs at all of the most important positions on a FB team (tackle, corner, WR, and QB). It's going to be near impossible to fix all of that in one off-season

For anyone who isn't familiar with Cody Mauch. This is what an offensive lineman should look like. Known as a mauler in the run game, needs work in pass protection (I've not watched him, just regurgitating what pff says) but was a former TE so he has the athletic ability needed to excel in protection.

1674678510661.png

Reactions: OptimusPrimerib
I'll just leave this here for your educational purposes. What do you know? Those are the exact 4 QB's that I identified as elite.
Dak Prescott did a really bang up job in the playoffs, as usual.

View attachment 532902
Hurts, Jefferson, Mahomes among MVP finalists

One good year vs a great career. Prescott is a very high level QB. Hurts may be. Or he may just have the best talent around him. Plenty of QBs have had a great season, who no one would call an elite QB

One good year vs a great career. Prescott is a very high level QB. Hurts may be. Or he may just have the best talent around him. Plenty of QBs have had a great season, who no one would call an elite QB
LOL. Your talent evaluation skills are right up there with Dobbs4Heisman.

Reactions: YankeeVol
What’s your reasoning
Point A because I want a LT.
B is because I want a burner we have a guy with Johnsons skill set in Bruke, I'm not saying draft Hyatt (I would love to have him) but we need a speedy slot guy.
My ideal scenario is LT in the first, Wright in the second.
Kick Ferre to LG
Spend on a C in FA.
In one off season you rebuilt your O line.

Reactions: Vol8188
You should pop on over to the Dallas Cowboys thread and tell all those guys how elite Dak Prescott is.

I’m not that worried about it. I spent multiple years here telling everyone how bad the Bud Dupree move was without anyone agreeing. I think most have came around by now

Point A because I want a LT.
B is because I want a burner we have a guy with Johnsons skill set in Bruke, I'm not saying draft Hyatt (I would love to have him) but we need a speedy slot guy.
My ideal scenario is LT in the first, Wright in the second.
Kick Ferre to LG
Spend on a C in FA.
In one off season you rebuilt your O line.

I just don’t think it moves the needle enough. We need some playmakers. We probably have the worst group of WRs in the nfl

VN Store

Back