Transfer Portal - Confirmed Tennessee Interest

The difference is young was 10 times better than his backup and A&M’s 3 QB’s were all about the same.

Not sure about that, Max Johnson played well and their offense looked good but he couldn't stay healthy. He was by far the better of the 3.

After Singletary and Igbinosun, there looks to be a drop-off in talent of who is available in the portal.
I don't think they add anyone that isn't virtually a lock to contribute immediately. That's the issue with Singletary. If they don't get Igbinosun, they'll likely wait until spring. By then, they might be happy with the development of some existing guys.

Can anyone tell me why on earth we aren’t going after him?
Gonna keep saying it...culture and fit. I remember some of the pieces of work that Kiffin brought in. Got no desire to deal with that kind of stuff again. We've got a good thing started. No reason in the world to take a chance with loose cannons/problems.

AP just said he thinks things are trending for Igbinosun to be in the directory in the next few days. Not over yet, but odds are improving.

If the staff is able to pull this off, there will almost certainly be some CBs leave after the spring. And I don't mean that as a bad thing. Further, some of our guys who are true safeties playing CB (Charles, and Slaughter come to mind) will move back to Safety and improve that position, as well. This could be a huge pickup.

If we get Igbinosun too then I do declare a NATTY

THE HEUP TRAIN NEVER ENDS
Slow your roll. There still remains a lot of question marks even if we solidify the secondary. We don't return any proven pass rushers. Roman Harrison has experience but not a ton of production. We only return 1 LB with real game experience in the system. There are questions to be answered at RT and LG, where tranfers could be starting while learning the offense. Let's shoot for double digit wins again right now. The positive is Bama will have brand new OC, DC, and QB. We can only hope that UGA has issues with their inexperienced QBs.

Reactions: 67Vol
If the staff is able to pull this off, there will almost certainly be some CBs leave after the spring. And I don't mean that as a bad thing. Further, some of our guys who are true safeties playing CB (Charles, and Slaughter come to mind) will move back to Safety and improve that position, as well. This could be a huge pickup.
I’m not sure Slaughter shouldn’t remain at CB

I’m not sure Slaughter shouldn’t remain at CB
Personally think Slaughter should play star, a bit of everything. Charles to free safety. Tank at strong spot. Igbinoson and lally/hadden at cb. Need to get the true freshmen and thomas/turrentine developed up enough to challenge the starters for their spots.

Really hoping we can get some elite CBs and Safeties in this class. With how much time the defense is on the field for, that’s a position we need both talent and depth at. Got the depth, but need to upgrade the talent across the board in the secondary.

Personally think Slaughter should play star, a bit of everything. Charles to free safety. Tank at strong spot. Igbinoson and lally/hadden at cb. Need to get the true freshmen and thomas/turrentine developed up enough to challenge the starters for their spots.

Really hoping we can get some elite CBs and Safeties in this class. With how much time the defense is on the field for, that’s a position we need both talent and depth at. Got the depth, but need to upgrade the talent across the board in the secondary.
Tank sucks. Wesley Walker needs to start at Safety

Tank sucks. Wesley Walker needs to start at Safety

I think Walker will start. The question is, who starts at the other spot. McCollough is a returning starter, so he could be that guy. Charles will likely move back to Safety. I bet Slaughter moves back to NB, which would free up McDonald to move to Safety. I like that option: Walker/McDonald at S, Slaughter at NB, Jeudy-Lally/Burrell at CB....or Igbonisun, if we land him.

Getting the CB position figured out has such a ripple effect. That's why getting Igbonisun would be huge...or one of the freshmen stepping up...or Burrell figuring it out.

Slow your roll. There still remains a lot of question marks even if we solidify the secondary. We don't return any proven pass rushers. Roman Harrison has experience but not a ton of production. We only return 1 LB with real game experience in the system. There are questions to be answered at RT and LG, where tranfers could be starting while learning the offense. Let's shoot for double digit wins again right now. The positive is Bama will have brand new OC, DC, and QB. We can only hope that UGA has issues with their inexperienced QBs.
Double digits are a given.

Too many veterans

Too much talent

Too much HEUP

Seriously though I hate we have to play Georgia so late in the season when they'll have their new QB ready to go.

I also hate how difficult our path is in general.

If we make it to the title game it likely means we play Bama and UGA twice....

Reactions: bigl3327
Double digits are a given.

Too many veterans

Too much talent

Too much HEUP

Seriously though I hate we have to play Georgia so late in the season when they'll have their new QB ready to go.

I also hate how difficult our path is in general.

If we make it to the title game it likely means we play Bama and UGA twice....
It's comical how easy Georgia's schedule is next season. Perfect for breaking in a new QB. Hopefully we're undefeated for that game and they come to Neyland at night.

It's comical how easy Georgia's schedule is next season. Perfect for breaking in a new QB. Hopefully we're undefeated for that game and they come to Neyland at night.
It probably will be at night because we just get ESPN now!

Games at night are just louder.

Like the Ole Miss game in 21 was way louder than Florida.

CB: Igbonisun
CB: Lally
NB: Slaughter
S: Charles OR Thomas
S: McDonald OR Walker

That's just a totally different group than the past two years...long, fast and aggressive...it's the kind of DB group that allows this D to take a huge step next year

Yep. Love this lineup Turnage is also a solid 2nd stringer at NB. And the freshmen give us solid backups at CB.

Reactions: captainfalcon777
We are close to having a very good defense if we land another starting corner. As others have stated it becomes a positive ripple effect as we can put players in their correct roles vs the patch work we did with the defensive backs this past year. I think our pass rush will improve because everyone is going to be fresh due to how much depth we have. Be aggressive every down with no plays off by rotating what literally could be 3 deep at every DL position.

We stop drives sooner then we could wind up with 2 more possessions per game than what we averaged this year. Stay in the 40’s PPG and it will be another fun season. How fun will ultimately come down to how Milton plays on critical downs.

So, iow's, UT has questions like every other program at this point in any given year?

UGA replaces the QB who essentially made it all work. They replace several defensive stars and while the assumption is they'll just "reload again"... that's never a guarantee. Brice Young isn't going to be easy to replace but Gibbs may be even more so.

Even the very top teams in terms of talent and depth have unknowns at this point. UT's outlook is better than most. Maybe some guys don't play up to our hopes... but again that's everyone.

So, iow's, UT has questions like every other program at this point in any given year?

UGA replaces the QB who essentially made it all work. They replace several defensive stars and while the assumption is they'll just "reload again"... that's never a guarantee. Brice Young isn't going to be easy to replace but Gibbs may be even more so.

Even the very top teams in terms of talent and depth have unknowns at this point. UT's outlook is better than most. Maybe some guys don't play up to our hopes... but again that's everyone.
And currently, we still have the most difficult path to reach the playoffs. We're one of 2 teams currently, that has to face Georgia and Bama during the regular season every year. I'm not saying that we can't win, but we're still not close, from a roster standpoint, in overall talent. Atlanta is the goal again, which means we can only lose 1 game, and it can't be against Georgia. Winning the SEC east just happens to go through the defending back to back national champs. I'm realistic, so no, 11-1 is not the floor.

And currently, we still have the most difficult path to reach the playoffs. We're one of 2 teams currently, that has to face Georgia and Bama during the regular season every year. I'm not saying that we can't win, but we're still not close, from a roster standpoint, in overall talent. Atlanta is the goal again, which means we can only lose 1 game, and it can't be against Georgia. Winning the SEC east just happens to go through the defending back to back national champs. I'm realistic, so no, 11-1 is not the floor.
I think we have less question marks than both of them do and that really just comes down to QB.

UGA and Bama have no idea how good their QB's can be. Milroe is definitely not the QB they are used too and Simpson is very young. We just beat Bryce Young...are they going to be Bryce Young good?

UGA relied heavily on Bennett's veteran leadership and decision making and they're losing Darnell, AD Mitchell and Rara now.

We don't know just how good Joe will be, but we do know that he probably has more weapons than anybody, in the best offensive system in America going into his 3rd year with Heupel.

Our experience across the roster, QB, the player development and our acquisitions in the portal have lessened that gap tremendously.

The Bama and UGA games are truly 50/50 in my eyes

VN Store

Back