Heupel Receives Contract Extension and raise

Kiffin is a good coach but undependable. Sort of like a Jaguar sports car that performs like a charm until it leaves you stranded on the side of the road at a critical juncture.
Kiffin is good at polishing a turd and calling it a gem. He always over promises what he can actually deliver. He’s really good at hyping up a fanbase that makes him seem better than he is. Then when he leaves you are left on the ground with your wallet gone and a massive headache wondering what the heck just happened. Once sober you realize that the product he put out wasn’t as good as you thought it was at the time but you were too buzzed on the koolaid he was giving you to realize it

So where is that place him amongst other SCC coaches? Obviously he is going to be behind Kirby and Saban. But who else is ahead of him? He really should be the 4th or 5th highest paid coach just based on what they’ve accomplished in their respective careers. That would place fisher and Kelly above him. I believe Heupel is a better coach than either of those guys based on what he has done at Tennessee. But both of those guys have long track records of being successful head coaches. Heupel should be in line with lane Kiffin based on what those two have done in their respective careers as head coaches. My guess is that’s right about where he is in terms of salary with the new contract.

Meanwhile in California there is a politician who has a bill capping college coaches salary at around $500,000 per year. If it passes there will be nobody to coach college football in California.

How stupid. They will eat their own out there. That will take down the entire economy that surrounds and/or businesses that exist in part because of college football, or at least see a big bump in their revenue during college football season.

Cutcliffe was the reason for much of that success. Plus, Spurrier owned him and Bama was down many of those years. Saban beat him with half the talent and backup QB at LSU. Saban would own Fulmer.
Completely agree with everything you said. Fulmer was a recruiter and not a very good coach. Plus he didn’t keep anyone on staff that was smarter than him. He stabbed Majors in the back and was afraid someone would do the same to him. Spurrier owned him and Saban would have completely made him look as a fool. When the SEC started hiring great coaches, Fulmer’s days were numbered.

There wont be any anyway. There is so much wrong with that state now it isn’t even funny. Whatever amount they DO end up being able to pay, the State income tax will decimate the coaches take home paycheck. And I will not even touch the regulations I am sure apply at any state funded school
Bad thing iis they're moving to Tennessee.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
Cutcliffe was the reason for much of that success. Plus, Spurrier owned him and Bama was down many of those years. Saban beat him with half the talent and backup QB at LSU. Saban would own Fulmer.
Your characterization is inaccurate at best. Spurrier beat just about everybody when he was at UF; I seem to recall Fulmer beat him in ‘98 and 2001, among other years. Cutcliffe never won anything at Ole Miss. The biggest thing Fulmer did extremely, extremely well was out-recruit just about everybody. Heupel has done well in many areas thus far; but if he doesn’t approach what Fulmer achieved in recruiting, he won’t approach what he did on the field.

So where is that place him amongst other SCC coaches? Obviously he is going to be behind Kirby and Saban. But who else is ahead of him? He really should be the 4th or 5th highest paid coach just based on what they’ve accomplished in their respective careers. That would place fisher and Kelly above him. I believe Heupel is a better coach than either of those guys based on what he has done at Tennessee. But both of those guys have long track records of being successful head coaches. Heupel should be in line with lane Kiffin based on what those two have done in their respective careers as head coaches. My guess is that’s right about where he is in terms of salary with the new contract.
Places him 5th.
Saban
Smart
Kelly- $9.8mil
Jimbo- $9.5 mil
Heupel- $9mil
Kiffin- $9 mil
Stoops-$9 mil

I'm really happy for all the VN fans that posted endless comments and multiple useless threads worried about Heup getting a raise. I was never worried. Danny White's the man and we got this!

Your characterization is inaccurate at best. Spurrier beat just about everybody when he was at UF; I seem to recall Fulmer beat him in ‘98 and 2001, among other years. Cutcliffe never won anything at Ole Miss. The biggest thing Fulmer did extremely, extremely well was out-recruit just about everybody. Heupel has done well in many areas thus far; but if he doesn’t approach what Fulmer achieved in recruiting, he won’t approach what he did on the field.

Already approached it on the field, and this years class is top 10. Add another top 10 class, and sneak a top 5 class in there and we are good to go. The only area that seems difficult for Tennessee to recruit the best of the best right now is on the OL. Maybe it's the scheme, but at least we have Glen Ellerbee, who is fantastic at developing offensive linemen.

He is fifth now

VN Store

Back