Game Thread: Lady Vols v Mizzou 3 PM Sunday at Mizzou, SEC+ (stream)

Stop the exaggeration. Rickea didn’t look lost being the star… she led the team on the road against Florida to start SEC play.
This young woman has had huge moments all season long and referencing her coming off the bench makes no sense. Every game that has come down to the line during this streak Rickea has been on the floor. At home in big SEC games she has been the #1 option on offense. Today she hit the go ahead And-1 to seal the victory.

Rickea knew at any moment if she picked up a 4th foul that the coach would’ve instantly substitute her out the game which would’ve resulted in a possible loss. She has a high basketball IQ.
She played under pressure after starting the game off on fire!
We can analyze these games without taking unnecessary shots at key players and their performance. Every SEC game is tough especially on the road. Doesn’t matter who you face and the team today play a tough gritty game and Rickea, Tess, Jasmine P, Jordan W, Franklin and company stepped up big as veterans. S/O to the youngsters in Striplin, Hollingshead, Puckett, as well as Wynn/Pissott who came in to gain valuable game experience.

Last edited:
Something's happening.....What it is, is exactly clear!
11588421.JPG

lord there are some bad takes in this forum. No rickea was not “lost” being the go to today. she handled business and hit the game winning shot. The “Uconn is injured” bull crap also has to stop, every team overcomes injuries. Plus they are starting to get key players back. It’s not like we aren’t without a star player (in tamaria) and a key role player (in marta). Uconn is still full of stars with the roster they have. It will be a good win even if they are depleted in depth.

One thing you’ve got to appreciate about this staff is their ability to develop/improve players.

I don’t think any of us would have ever expected the quality minutes we get from players like Darby, Striplin and Puckett. They do truly have star potential if they can continue to improve.

Kellie did this same type of developing at MizzoST... I believe a lot of posters were saying how we couldn’t win with these type of players.. 🤧

One thing you’ve got to appreciate about this staff is their ability to develop/improve players.

I don’t think any of us would have ever expected the quality minutes we get from players like Darby, Striplin and Puckett. They do truly have star potential if they can continue to improve.

so true and often overlooked. if you are a player, you want a coach who has actually proven that he or she can make players better. our staff has shown that ability with every single player on the team. they are a great group of coaches. we just really need to have a couple of big wins for the program to really push our confidence to the level of a championship team. then look out.

Kellie did this same type of developing at MizzoST... I believe a lot of posters were saying how we couldn’t win with these type of players.. 🤧

Those same posters have been particularly silent since the game or haven’t MADE a single post today.
Tennessee has two former McDonald All-American underclassmen coming off the bench. Two projected WNBA lottery picks, and a third WNBA projected draft pick out for the season. Several other highly skilled players that changed their game to fit a system.
People will continue to say whatever they believe will irritate and upset the true fanbase but it’s far from the truth.
The Nat’l media is acknowledging that TN is the real deal.
Welcome To Rocky Top College GameDay.

I love Kellie but sometimes the lineup she rotate into the game really drive me cuckoo.
For instance , when she had on the court together four of the slowest , flat- footed , tank moving , non - jumping players I ever .......O my goodness ... I was saying ' poe , Kea'.
But she straighten that mess out real quick .

so true and often overlooked. if you are a player, you want a coach who has actually proven that he or she can make players better. our staff has shown that ability with every single player on the team. they are a great group of coaches. we just really need to have a couple of big wins for the program to really push our confidence to the level of a championship team. then look out.

Stop the exaggeration. Rickea didn’t look lost being the star… she led the team on the road against Florida to start SEC play.
This young woman has had huge moments all season long and referencing her coming off the bench makes no sense. Every game that has come down to the line during this streak Rickea has been on the floor. At home in big SEC games she has been the #1 option on offense. Today she hit the go ahead And-1 to seal the victory.

Rickea knew at any moment if she picked up a 4th foul that the coach would’ve instantly substitute her out the game which would’ve resulted in a possible loss. She has a high basketball IQ.
She played under pressure after starting the game off on fire!
We can analyze these games without taking unnecessary shots at key players and their performance. Every SEC game is tough especially on the road. Doesn’t matter who you face and the team today play a tough gritty game and Rickea, Tess, Jasmine P, Jordan W, Franklin and company stepped up big as veterans. S/O to the youngsters in Striplin, Hollingshead, Puckett, as well as Wynn/Pissott who came in to gain valuable game experience.

Exactly, you take and make the game winning clutch shot, you are comfortable being the team leader. [Sara's tying bucket probably even more cold blooded clutch and when you crank the volume, you can hear Bucketts call Glass just before she released it).

Not having Jordan suddenly is such a huge change to everything this team does. It makes a whole easier for teams to collapse on Rickea and they lose Jordan to Rickea give and go creativity., Also, with Jordan, Mizzou ain't getting half of those offensive boards and Mizzou's life on the perimeter would have been very different and more miserable.

Last edited:
lord there are some bad takes in this forum. No rickea was not “lost” being the go to today. she handled business and hit the game winning shot. The “Uconn is injured” bull crap also has to stop, every team overcomes injuries. Plus they are starting to get key players back. It’s not like we aren’t without a star player (in tamaria) and a key role player (in marta). Uconn is still full of stars with the roster they have. It will be a good win even if they are depleted in depth.

"LV fan bad takes" could be an alternative name for this board. The bogus 2nd foul call on Rickea broke her momentum cause she was off to a flying start. Without Jordan it was a whole lot easier for Missouri to key on Rickea. She still had 15 despite being double and tripled team at times.

Another bad hot take is that Kellie got "out coached." You lose a pivotal player like Jordan and the team is going to be in a bit of a scramble mode at times. Road games at Mizzou are always tough and they live and die by the 3. So, they did what they always do.

Mizzou did a good job spreading the floor and taking the driving lanes when they opened up. This was really more of a gut check game than any kind of grand chess game played by the coaches. The steal that Jordan Walker got to cut the lead to 3 was huge and that was just playing that hard nosed defense that Kellie as now built into this team.

But I did see on my secret game feed where Kellie drew up the play for Sara that tied the score She said "Rickea you drive inside but first almost lose the ball, then kick it out to Sara for the open three,. And Sara it has to be a bank shot. Got that a BANK shot! I have calculated 42 million future outcomes and this option is the only way we can defeat Thanos, uh Mizzou....."

Last edited:
I am sure it's happened before but odd to see 3 SEC teams still undefeated half way through the SEC schedule. Well if LSU wins tomorrow night. 3 8-0 teams??? Also it will be ridiculous if UT isn't ranked when the polls come out Monday.

We have an opportunity to beat 2 top 5 teams within 5 days… we could be top 15 soon if we pull it off and vying for a top 4 seed

We have an opportunity to beat 2 top 5 teams within 5 days… we could be top 15 soon if we pull it off and vying for a top 4 seed
I think we will be a top three seed if we were to win those two games. I think were a seven before the last two game in one bracket and a five in the other. I expect we could be a five seed in the bracket tomorrow. Of course winning them is the tough part.

LV fan bad takes" could be an alternative name for this board. The bogus 2nd foul call on Rickea broke her momentum cause she was off to a flying start. Without Jordan is was a whole lot easier for Missouri to key on Rickea. She still had 15 despite being double and tripled team at times.
Well there's run of the mill bad takes and then there's laughable cuckoo bad takes that live only to be provocative. The original poster is a pro at finding turds among the roses, and I believe an ardent Holly fan.

Rickea Jackson has been accused of many things, but failure to embrace the star role has never been one of them. I don't mean that in a bad way, it's just the role she's had at every level the last ten years or so. Ask Vic Shaffer. RJ had a loving embrace of the feature role the first few mins of the game yesterday. Did ya'll see that screen shot of RJ during the time out before the last shot? Completely locked and loaded for the upcoming star turn. Most asssuredly NOT afraid. Of nothing.

I actually thought RJ's mo got broken when KJH took her out after the first bogus foul. It was a tough coaching call, and I get she didn't want RJ to get another quick foul. But RJ was SOOOO hot and locked in, and as it turned out, she sat all that time then came back and got the second bogus foul fairly quickly anyway and sat the rest of the half. So the result was 20 minutes of gametime before she got another shot! With 20/20 hindsight I would have left her in while she was hot; if she had picked up the second foul the result would have been the same.

I said from the day RJ committed I just hope she has fun and enjoys her Sr yr. Sometimes we forget how tumultuous her career has been, mostly through no fault of her own. I want to see her get to her first NCAA tourney, thrive, and have good memories as an LVFL.

Last edited:
She was obviously a Missouri leaning commentator! Like the UCONN ESPN commentators….. just sickening! JMO

I’m glad Hamer hasn’t been doing our games anymore. Super nice guy but he was as negative as the homer announcers when we are on the road.

I think we will be a top three seed if we were to win those two games. I think were a seven before the last two game in one bracket and a five in the other. I expect we could be a five seed in the bracket tomorrow. Of course winning them is the tough part.

Have a strong feeling this is a 5 seed season. Would love to be in the Top 16 and host but I think they’ll screw us for not winning any of those early season games.

If by some miracle we were to beat LSU, UCONN and SC in the regular season we should be a 3 seed. I think we have a great chance at UConn and LSU.

I do not like our chances against South Carolina. I think it will be a good game, but they have just been crushing people on the glass and this isn’t the greatest rebounding team we have ever had.

Some interesting stuff in the plus/minus stats, and reminder that single game plus/minus can be flawed for several reasons:

1674482719128.png

I would have thought Puckett and Jackson would have been the plus/minus leaders, but not even close.
It was Franklin who had 3 TOs in under 20 minutes. Next were Darby and Powell who had poor shooting nights.

Check out #1 for Mizzu. -12 in 35 minutes which means Mizzu won by 15 points in the 5 minutes she was on the bench.

Some interesting stuff in the plus/minus stats, and reminder that single game plus/minus can be flawed for several reasons:

View attachment 532522

I would have thought Puckett and Jackson would have been the plus/minus leaders, but not even close.
It was Franklin who had 3 TOs in under 20 minutes. Next were Darby and Powell who had poor shooting nights.

Check out #1 for Mizzu. -12 in 35 minutes which means Mizzu won by 15 points in the 5 minutes she was on the bench.

Defense man. Jazz Franklin is tough to score on and a great rebounder. Love that she’s usually on the floor to close the game. Very mature young woman.

VN Store

Back