Game Thread: Lady Vols v Mizzou 3 PM Sunday at Mizzou, SEC+ (stream)

Love seeing this. Not surprisingly, Puckett was the MVP. However, the secret weapon in the highlights was Powell. That ball that looked for sure was going out of bounds that she saved was phenomenal. She also had some beautiful assists and a steal. So glad she is back to herself. With both Puckett and Powell looking like they might be out of their funk, the LVs could take it to the next level when Horston returns (hopefully by Thursday).

Today is a game where I think we really missed Marta. She would have been the most obvious replacement for Horston and would have allowed us to run things more normally.

Really didn’t like when we had Jackson on the perimeter in the first half. She just is not effective from there.

I think Marta would have gotten minutes when RJ was in foul trouble but the starters and main players would not have changed.

When are folks going to stop making all those references about UCONN injuries every single day.
Tennessee has played one of the toughest schedules in the country with several players Jillian Hollingshead, Jasmine Franklin, Jordan Horston, Rickea Jackson, Tamari Key (out for the season) and Marta Suarez (out for the season) being sidelined for games.
It’s part of basketball.

It's not exactly thrilling to beat them when they have practically no one, but the worst outcome would be us losing in those circumstances.

i'm thrilled... that depleted teams still has leveled some other teams so they aren't to be taken lightly. No they do not have Paige or won't have Azzi but still well coached and still have that #5 by their name.

....." when I feel cold , you warm me and when I feel I can't go on , you come and holdddd me ....
It's YOU and ME foreverrrrrr.....
Sara Smile .......Won't you smile awhile for me ....
SARA"
I'm sorry Ms Buckett....please forgive me.
I may never do it again. Great game Sara
Do it against uconn and lsu.

P.S . With all due respect to Hall and Oates

I am warming to Kelly as a coach, but damn she was out coached a 7th time this year. She is building a program, I admit, but without a Holly recruit... Key and Horston, we still should have won, but Missouri coach, who I respect a lot, out coached her, and Jackson looked lost being the star... After coming off the bench. Pat brought in players later, but this wasn't a win by coaching, I love her, she knows basketball, but this was a huge step back and big time wakeup call for other teams, take Horston out, and you have a mid to late 20s team. Jackson works off bench because she is coached up on what is going on, and she is fresh, she was uncomfortable as the star, which was a surprise, and might work in our favor. Darby and Puckett are going to be our future, and I really do had it to Kelly, they are becoming stars. Puckett has had to play 4 and 3 more solid without Key, but her shape has improved so much this season. No wrongs, this was an important win. I hope Key plays next year NIL might be more, and her health could use the time off. I think her sister needs to transfer as UNC isn't a good fit for her talent. We need to step up guard play if we want elite 8, bad passing, stupid drives without dishes, and simply poor D

VN Store

Back