TE Coaching Hire ???

I saw that Alec Ablin was one the people listed on the offer to 25 TX TE Jack VanDorselaer. So is this a sign of who the new TE coach is going to be?

Reactions: Deebowbear
Don't we have one of, if not the, best offensive minds in college football as our head coach? I'm willing to bet he'll make the right decision here. Not really worried about it in the least.
One of the best minds in football... absolutely....One of the best minds on VN.... according to some on here it's debatable.

Reactions: NighthawkVol
I saw that Alec Ablin was one the people listed on the offer to 25 TX TE Jack VanDorselaer. So is this a sign of who the new TE coach is going to be?
No. Amaana is a frequent @ for recruits and he’s no danger to Elarbee’s job security.

One would think if it was an internal promotion, it would have already happened. Could it be one of the coaches from the remaining playoff teams?

Heard a new name yesterday - Jeff Faris from UCLA.
Spent his entire coaching career before this season at Duke under Cutcliffe.
Knoxville native that played HS ball at Knoxville Catholic.

Has the same 'aggressive' offensive mindset as Heupel, so it would be a good fit.

Any analysts and QC coaches better show enthusiasm to prove to places that are looking to hire. I don't think this is at all a credit to showing he is the TE Coach instead. How many people have people on LinkedIn or whatever socials you use, that you have met in some sort of capacity. Shoot a guy was doing coke in the bathroom at a bar I went to and found me on LinkedIn and asked to hang out.

Hopefully doesnt mean he is my new Vice President

SL would be a home run hire if it happens. BOT as usual is showing his ineptitude for anything other than Georgia related subjects.

14 years of experience coaching TEs, 6 years as an OC, and 7 years as a HC. Played w/CJH at OU and experience coaching in the Big12, PAC10, ACC, and Big10.

Sounds awful. Pre-fire him now.

Reactions: Walkman
Does VFL top everything? Does Witten want to recruit? Has he? Remember, the TE in this offense is split out much of the time. It’s something of an H back. Witten didn’t play that role.
Is that what makes tight ends H backs when the line up as wide receiver and fullback?

I have posted a few times before on background of shared friend who is close to CJH and other former OU players who are part of small group that continue to be close from their playing days. We spoke today and will pass on a couple things

Joe Jon Finley is out. Not surprising but my friend felt if he was coaching anywhere else this would of been the hire CJH would have made

Seth Littrell is doubtful. He has spoken personally with Seth and thinks he most likely takes a year off unless HC offer or OC at P5 comes along. He did say that if offered with Co-OC title and given Tennessee's success he could see SL taking thinking he would benefit from likely success in form of another job or replacing Halzle after he takes another job. He said this is long shot.

One other tidbit was he said a veteran NFL TE coach with ties to UT and some family ties in area reached out to express interest. He didn't offer a name so I am not sure who fits that description. He also didn't know if CJH was interested in this individual, was just relayed as he heard there had been a couple interesting names reach out to express interest including this NFL coach.

I have posted a few times before on background of shared friend who is close to CJH and other former OU players who are part of small group that continue to be close from their playing days. We spoke today and will pass on a couple things

Joe Jon Finley is out. Not surprising but my friend felt if he was coaching anywhere else this would of been the hire CJH would have made

Seth Littrell is doubtful. He has spoken personally with Seth and thinks he most likely takes a year off unless HC offer or OC at P5 comes along. He did say that if offered with Co-OC title and given Tennessee's success he could see SL taking thinking he would benefit from likely success in form of another job or replacing Halzle after he takes another job. He said this is long shot.

One other tidbit was he said a veteran NFL TE coach with ties to UT and some family ties in area reached out to express interest. He didn't offer a name so I am not sure who fits that description. He also didn't know if CJH was interested in this individual, was just relayed as he heard there had been a couple interesting names reach out to express interest including this NFL coach.
Only coach I can think of is the Eagles te coach cuz I know he’s been at Tenn before but I could be wrong

Heard a new name yesterday - Jeff Faris from UCLA.
Spent his entire coaching career before this season at Duke under Cutcliffe.
Knoxville native that played HS ball at Knoxville Catholic.

Has the same 'aggressive' offensive mindset as Heupel, so it would be a good fit.
Would he want to make.a lateral move?

VN Store

Back