Defensive Coordinator Tim Banks Subject Of Episode 10 Of Vol Club Confidential Podcast

Good interview. Enjoyed listening to coach Banks, except for that Lebron answer.

Seems like a great man. I’m excited too to see his product on the field next season. Given the dline and dbs we brought in plus the BYU players, and the improvement so far year over year, I’ve got my hopes high

Good interview. Enjoyed listening to coach Banks, except for that Lebron answer.

Being anti-Jordan makes sense being a Pistons guy.

His statement about never getting beat by a ball control offense brings a LOT of our scheme into focus. If you want to beat us, you’re going to have to outscore us.

Last edited:
Reactions: WestTnVFL971
He projected all things positive except the University of Tennessee. Why can he not acknowledge the University?

Dude spoke at length about the importance of his players getting their degree. He spoke about covering his extended family in orange.

What podcast do you think this is? It’s a Vols production aimed at Vols fans. Is the echo not loud enough for you?

Dude spoke at length about the importance of his players getting their degree. He spoke about covering his extended family in orange.

What podcast do you think this is? It’s a Vols production aimed at Vols fans. Is the echo not loud enough for you?

Every coach has players, family, colors, and a squad. Not every coach has The University of Tennessee.
Assuming you are correct, only Vols listen to Vols,
he should have repeatedly praised and referenced Tennessee.

Absent that he comes off as self-centered and myopic as you.

Every coach has players, family, colors, and a squad. Not every coach has The University of Tennessee.

Wow. That take is so off-the-mark I feel confident you've called for him to be fired multiple times.

Anyone watching that interview and coming away with a negative impression had to have went in with a very negative opinion of Coach Banks.

I guess people are going to hear what they want to hear regardless of what’s said.

I don’t know who you’re calling myopic, especially when you’re the one with an ophthalmic phoropter in your avatar.

Reactions: SEC__Headgear
Loved it. I think he’s done an amazing job. We all knew cornbread left thin ranks on defense in 2021. Banks has helped Tennessee overachieve the last 2 seasons. Now he’s getting talent.

Loved it. I think he’s done an amazing job. We all knew cornbread left thin ranks on defense in 2021. Banks has helped Tennessee overachieve the last 2 seasons. Now he’s getting talent.

Yeah, I know some fans are frustrated with the D at times, but they made huge strides from 2021. Banks doesn't get enough credit. This year we only gave up more than 30 point 3 times. I know we give up yards, but those guys are on the field A LOT.

Our run D is legit and I think our Dline is going be more deadly next year. Yeah, the secondary is the weakest link, but most of those guys didn't practice in the spring due to injury and were literally learning as they went along. We have a lot of young legit talent there now in combination with the guys that played this year. I think having a full locker room this spring will breed some healthy competition and we are going to see our secondary make huge strides next year. I think we are being underestimated here next year and will over perform.

The way people talk (including some fans) you would think our defense is trash tier.

Linebackers coach Brian Jean-Mary the subject of episode 11 of the Vol Club Confidential podcast now available on You Tube at the Volquest page.

VN Store

Back