Coach Mark Richt has LOST CONTROL of Nico...

Right, because the Head Football Coach is also in charge of cover art for game day programs. What a dumb reason to lose respect for a football coach. That’s like me saying I lost all respect for Colonel Sanders when KFC started selling grilled chicken.
You a Peta member? If so I don't have any respect for you either.

Reactions: livefaith
Coach Richt is a stand-up guy and well liked across the board. He was a great talent evaluator and seemed to always run a clean program. He exemplifies solid leadership and would probably make a good athletic director somewhere....
Imo, Richts downfall was the fact that he may have placed more emphasis on developing young men over developing football players.
He may be one of the legit “good guys” of the sport.
All speculation on my part though.🤷‍♂️

The title of this thread is lame.
giphy.gif

Low key exact same feelings.. honestly I’d take him right now over heup.. just me

So youd take a guy who constantly underachieved with one of the most fertile recruiting grounds in the country/ sprinkled in with 5 star QBS from around the country vs a guy who had us one game from the playoffs with another mans players and a QB that VT didnt want. This is an insanely ignorant post. Im almost speechless. Why dont you watch the replay of the 09 game where Kiffin laid the hand of God on him so badly that he had to fire his best friend as the DC. Within two years of Richt being gone... UGA was one play from a Championship. SOOOOOOOOO ignorant.

I remember when a Tennessee DL(forgetting names comes with age) suffered a season ending injury due to a cheap shot from a ga lineman. The following year said lineman was on the cover of the UT/GA program. I lost all respect for Mark Richt when that happened.
It was Tuttle that was injured with a cheap shot, Richt was gone when this happened.

Good Lord people, RockyTopTx just has an opinion. I haven't seen backlash like this on this site in awhile...especially over something so trivial (even though I don't share his thinking). Give it a rest on the outrage.

Equally okay for folks to express their opinions back. IMO.

Reactions: Jaxon_Vol2017
I remember when a Tennessee DL(forgetting names comes with age) suffered a season ending injury due to a cheap shot from a ga lineman. The following year said lineman was on the cover of the UT/GA program. I lost all respect for Mark Richt when that happened.

Not trying to be a smart ass (it's just natural), but why would you think that any head coach would be involved in that decision? I would think the head coach has way more important things to do,

He took alot of flack for how he exited Miami. He had kept his health quiet to that point. I think it was starting to affect him at that point, and even though it looked bad he knew he had to step down for the program. He's a stand up guy. My dad, being a UGA employee had the opportunity to meet him a few times, and has a Richt autographed UGA tie he always wore. Dad was super disppointed when GA fired him. He is a genuine person. Dad got to have some chat time on a couple occasions with Papa Dooley back in the day too. He thought well of him, but Richt more so. Regardless of my UT fandom, I was always "obligated" to be a closet dawg. THey did provide our living, and a quite nice retirement for pops. That feeling of obligation ended with the arrival of Kirby "Vacuum Cleaner" Smart.

Reactions: tennrich1

VN Store

Back