Game Thread: Lady Vols Vs Florida; Thursday 6:30 PM @ TBA; SEC+ LVs 74-56 win

Well a player of Rickea’s caliber is good enough to lead a team to a championship on the collegiate level.
I think people have decided to write off Tennessee with Rickea and Horston too soon.
All it takes is one night/one game, and the Lady Vols could be in the drivers seat.
She has a lot left before the WNBA.

I really enjoyed the game tonight in part because we played good defense throughout!! Kudos to Powell and Franklin for making a difference having exceptional games off the bench. My favorite moment of the game is when Powell came out of the game for the last time she and Kelly had such a warm, tender and long embrace. I imagine it was part to congratulate her having such a great game after her recent rough patch and that she is not injured after it looked like she might have a serious one at halftime. Kelly at her best!

Reactions: Lucy
Hope horrid shooting is out of our system for awhile. Rough night at the office for the sophs, Darby, Karo and poor Sara who cannot find the bottom of the net with a compass right now. Another solid game from Walker and hooray for JP! I thought Franklin played really well and it was good to see JH be productive, if not exactly efficient. Defense was pretty darn good though Tess had a rough night and I thought Rimdel got open too much. Not enough Rickea and on a "bad" shooting night she still went over 50% and got the baskets we needed. I think she plays really good D too.

Something was off w RJ tonight though, possibly not feeling well? She was the object of lots of coach love and attention on the bench, esp when she came out the last time. Also Franklin dug something out of RJ's eye or did lash repair or something for a while. Anyway, she needs to play more and be allowed to get and stay in rythmn. Also play more with JH.

If not for Angel Reese I would say she is the best. If she had more of a 3 ball she would be #1. I think she’s even more impressive than Clark in a number of ways. She just makes it look so freakin easy.
RJ over Clark all day.
Reese is a beast tho and her ability to rebound and shoot at a high clip is impressive. Her and Rickea on a team would be SCARY!
Reese physically is Rickea only a little taller. And just as fluid and mobile. And has had a double double in 19 straight games! She's a rebounding monster. Yes she and RJ on the same team would be terrifying, for many reasons. Both make it look easy. Reese is not as classy on court as RJ though, she stares and glares and gestures, yuk. Definitely Reese, Boston and RJ are a cut above, with Horston hovering nearby.
And there is still room for more growth which makes her (RJ) even scarier at the WNBA level. I think she’ll make a splash in the league.
Rickea will need to be a better 3 pt shooter and also I wonder if she's a little small, as in lean. Seems pretty strong and holds her own under the basket in college, but wonder if she'll get pushed around in the W. She'll do well though I'm sure, she's very talented. Fun to watch, wish she played more.
My favorite moment of the game is when Powell came out of the game for the last time she and Kelly had such a warm, tender and long embrace. I imagine it was part to congratulate her having such a great game after her recent rough patch and that she is not injured after it looked like she might have a serious one at halftime. Kelly at her best!
Agree. And the smile on JP's face. She really needed this game.

If not for Angel Reese I would say she is the best. If she had more of a 3 ball she would be #1.

I think she’s even more impressive than Clark in a number of ways. She just makes it look so freakin easy.
Reese is special as well, but Rickea plays like 7 mins less per game, if Rickea was to play the same mins her numbers would look incredible.

This aged well.

200.gif

So, we continue to improve and it seems more and more players are getting in a groove. I really feel like, however, we have not even come close to playing at our best. I feel like we are at about 60% of our potential. We haven’t strung four good quarters together yet. Can you imagine a game where both JH and RJ are on offensively and defensively, our three point shooters are having a good, not even a great night and a couple of point guards are playing tight defense and running an active offense? If we get to 85% we can play and beat anyone. So fun to watch!

I watched LSU-Arkansas tonight and discovered that Angel Reese can be a real loudmouth jerk on the court --- also (suh-prise! suh-prise!), LSU is far from invincible.
Same. First time I’ve watched them play. And even though she is very talented. Her antics tonight were uncalled for and nerve racking.

Same. First time I’ve watched them play. And even though she is very talented. Her antics tonight were uncalled for and nerve racking.
The thing that I did like about her tonight was she would be getting her teammates in the right place, she was very vocal. That’s so,ethi g I would like to see from Rickea and a lil more fire.

So, we continue to improve and it seems more and more players are getting in a groove. I really feel like, however, we have not even come close to playing at our best. I feel like we are at about 60% of our potential. We haven’t strung four good quarters together yet. Can you imagine a game where both JH and RJ are on offensively and defensively, our three point shooters are having a good, not even a great night and a couple of point guards are playing tight defense and running an active offense? If we get to 85% we can play and beat anyone. So fun to watch!
I just think we are slow footed at some positions and that will be a problem,

That would be the perfect storm game. It feels like Rickea had an off night but she shot 8-15 which was best on the team except for (surprise) Jasmine Powell at 4-6.

Reactions: krichunaka

VN Store

Back