Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw that as well, there is another one called "14 Peaks Nothing is Impossible". A Napalese climber made the summit of the 14 highest peaks in the world in less than seven months. It is unreal what he and his group did.
I finished an entire jar of mayonnaise and a jumbo pack of hot dogs watching that documentary. Which was also an amazing feat.

Yeah, DK had one the other day that was like Embiid, Tatum, and someone else to score 25+ points, it looked like a no brainer.... Tatum scored 15 points that night.
the NBA ones especially are such an eye opener that the books and pros have access to so much more information than the common fan/bettor, and have insane models that give them an edge

I saw a special on this guy.....balls.........and .........nuts.....in every sense of the words......
...combined with a little possible brain damage. He had a brain scan done during in the movie Free Solo, and his brain scan showed no response whatsoever to fear stimuli. That will serve him well in his chosen occupation right up until the time it kills him.

the NBA ones especially are such an eye opener that the books and pros have access to so much more information than the common fan/bettor, and have insane models that give them an edge
Yep, im in a betting discord group, and the models we see in here are pretty good, but i can only imagine what the books have.

Reactions: BigSteve09
I saw that as well, there is another one called "14 Peaks Nothing is Impossible". A Napalese climber made the summit of the 14 highest peaks in the world in less than seven months. It is unreal what he and his group did.
I saw that one too (on Netflix). That was good as well (I love these types of movies), but in my opinion, nothing tops the Free Solo documentary.

Speaking somewhat from a place of familiarity on this, carbon dating isn't an exact science, and becomes more and more inexact the farther back you try to date it. And it assumes our magnetosphere has always been exactly as it is today.

While I agree with your conclusion and am not trying to say the earth isn't old, carbon dating is one of the weaker pieces of evidence to support our mutual conclusion.
Gotcha. The inherent contradictions in line of logic & reasoning used to find holes in empirical data supporting Evolutionary Biology, is applicable to same data supporting the life of Jesus, Christ or not. Or, any Bible story for that matter. Ideological dogma is the tool of the intellectually weak.

Ability to take information, and use our higher brain power to create conclusions are what distinguishes us as a species. I believe that developed over time, along with other faith based ideas. Here's the difference, I'm trying to listen to the other side.

I saw that one too (on Netflix). That was good as well (I love these types of movies), but in my opinion, nothing tops the Free Solo documentary.
He is on another level for sure. That one part where he had to basically jump to was unbelievable.

He is on another level for sure. That one part where he had to basically jump to was unbelievable.
There are 2 things that set that one completely apart from the others for me.
#1 - He uses absolutely no ropes on his actual ascent.
#2 - The cinematography on that documentary is light years ahead of all the other climbing movies to me. That is the result of them using other professional climbers to film his ascent. The camera angles and views are crazy.

tenor.gif

I thought that was Robert Downey for a second.

When I was young and much dumber, if possible, I had to walk out on some steel and unhook a spider basket we had been using. I was about 120 ft. up and where it was hooked was about 25 ft out and I thought I was Mr Tough guy, in my early 20's so I walked out on the beam with no harness like "This is no problem." I got the cable loose and watched it drop....all the way down..... I scooted on my butt backwards off the beam.

I finished an entire jar of mayonnaise and a jumbo pack of hot dogs watching that documentary. Which was also an amazing feat.
I just had two hot dogs with dijon and pickle relish. It's snowing fairly hard here and I just went on a grocery run. I confess, I did get the whole wheat buns. Milton 'til it ain't. 15-0 🤠. (Breaking the grip the hot dog talk has on this thread.)

I just had two hot dogs with dijon and pickle relish. It's snowing fairly hard here and I just went on a grocery run. I confess, I did get the whole wheat buns. Milton 'til it ain't. 15-0 🤠. (Breaking the grip the hot dog talk has on this thread.)
It is a strong force........
If I had Force powers.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back