Game Thread Lady Vols v Georgia: Sun 1PM @ TBA; SEC-network

Smh, I’m sure it’s been said somewhere in this thread but thank God for Rickea! This team is so bad outside of her Striplin, and Darby this year. Jordan shows flashes, but as always, inconsistent. If we’re planning on making it deep in March, we need better play from EVERYONE.
horston is our second best player. she’s had two bad games, she’s nowhere near bad. she’s elite. give me a break..

Ending up losing the rebounding by one after having an 11 lead after the first half. 23 turnovers. 8 threes to their 0 turned out to be the big stat. After winning the first quarter by 13 only won the rest of the game by 2. Jordan Horston 3 of 13 and 7 turnovers wasn't a good day for her. Tess Darby takes up the scoring slack with 16 points.

Georgia runs that match up zone really well. If teams are not hitting their threes is a tough game to win. We have Rickea Jackson and they don't was the inside and paint game today. Darby and others hit the big threes.

Only two teams have scored over 68pts against UGA. SetonHall (86) and Fla (77, UGA won). SouthCar only scored 68 as well. So, I’m not terribly upset with the score but certainly the defense and turnovers at the end.

23 TO just isn't going to cut it. Of course I am glad UT won the game, but UGA also shot 0 of 14 from the 3. UGA had 62 FG attempts to UT 49. That's not enough FG attempts. Thank goodness for Darby and Jackson the last few games while Horston is having off games here lately. Either way UT needs you Hortson.
On a positive note 6 and 0 in the SEC and all by double digits!! Let's get another one Thursday against UF.
Got the scout game up!

May not get any likes but call on walker . I agree 100 % right call protect players when they get contact in face area. does not matter team or players. refs need to teach players that. they watch out for quartbacks and wideouts . women plauyers should be protect to. foul a foul where did on purposeor not. intendional foul should be called on face contact.

Last edited:
Reactions: chuckiepoo
Very good home win. We were more or less dominant. I thought we looked pretty good for the most part. I see improvement in places: Walker is better defensively. Tess is becoming a good all around player as we watch. Striplin is improving. We still need a stronger post presence - especially on defense - and better PG play on offense.

I was poised to hate the new uniforms, but was instantly impressed. They look really nice.

Is there a reason why KJH isn't playing Kaiya Wynn anymore? I thought she always played good defense and rebounded whenever she got in the game...

Reactions: Prophet1
Is there a reason why KJH isn't playing Kaiya Wynn anymore? I thought she always played good defense and rebounded whenever she got in the game...

We had no trouble stopping GA from scoring, and Wynn can't help on the offensive end or in breaking the press.

Reactions: chuckiepoo

VN Store

Back