Who cares?

This was literally like the 2nd or 3rd game I've even cared to watch all year. No, it won't make me want to watch anymore. This team sucks and we got lucky. Calipari is over the hill. Not even happy about the win today cause it'll just give Calipari something to brag about moving forward when he deserves all the criticism deserved for the last few years.

It's clear to see the Legions of Miserable are out in full force today. They never post in the forum, until the team slips up, to provide their expert takes and analysis.

That aside, this game matters. It's our biggest rival, on our home court, and on a day where we honor a Vol legend from Kentucky. The loss hurts our résumé, our position in the SEC standings, and potentially our seeding. This is never a game anyone should be "OK" losing. It doesn't ruin our season by any means, but it hurts in the moment.

This was literally like the 2nd or 3rd game I've even cared to watch all year. No, it won't make me want to watch anymore. This team sucks and we got lucky. Calipari is over the hill. Not even happy about the win today cause it'll just give Calipari something to brag about moving forward when he deserves all the criticism deserved for the last few years.

Look at the positives that may come out of this. You guys may get a number one seed in the NIT now.

This was definitely a hard loss to swallow. I have a neighbor who is a smartass Kentucky Fan. *sighs* Will probably get the trolling this weekend. It was gut wrenching to see all those missed lay ups. Grrrrrrr.

Let's be thoughtful for one second.

1) Kentucky came into this game with everything to lose. They played the best game of the year so far. It's basketball. Even I get lucky playing B-Ball at the Y sometimes.

2) Tennessee was way off this game. Our worst besides Colorado. This won't be normal going forward. I bet we win at Rupp and if we meet in the SEC tourney we will win there as well. We have been doing this with Kentucky over the last several years. 8 of the last 13 and 2 of 3 last year.

3) Layups.

4) This will be a good motivator moving forward. Keep chucking forward and let the season play out. Bama is on the horizon. Correct mistakes.

5) Football. We ripped them a new one on the football field. And that means more to them than this. Promise.

Reactions: TC 83 and berryvol
only thing that matters is the ncaa tournament

Very true! Of course, the bad news is that in 35 years Rick Barnes has actually missed the tournament more times than he has made it to the sweet 16 or better. Both years here at UT that he won either the regular season SEC championship or the SEC tournament he was out in the 2nd round of the tourney. He is a regular season hall of fame coach that is notoriously bad at winning in March.

Very true! Of course, the bad news is that in 35 years Rick Barnes has actually missed the tournament more times than he has made it to the sweet 16 or better. Both years here at UT that he won either the regular season SEC championship or the SEC tournament he was out in the 2nd round of the tourney. He is a regular season hall of fame coach that is notoriously bad at winning in March.
Careful now, all the regulars about to string you up for them facts

Careful now, all the regulars about to string you up for them facts
The only argument they can throw it is "who We GuNna HiRe?!" And it is a valid point. I don't know who we could bring in that would do better, but that doesn't mean we have to ignore his shortcomings.

People need to stop acting like he is a championship level coach. He will get you a couple of conference titals in 15 years, but thats the best it will get.

VN Store

Back