So Paul Finebaum reported today that Saban and other coaches voted Alabama

I know some people reject losing the Bama game going forward in 2025, but I think it gives our program a huge boost going forward. It really levels the SEC schedules, and is a boost for playoff contention. I would rather play them in the playoffs.

It makes no sense for Alabama to be ahead of Tennessee especially when you look at the voters that then have clemson ranked above k state. Whatever we are way ahead of schedule 2023 is going to be a great year

They should have.

We don’t deserve to be ranked ahead of Bama.
They lost two games by three points in the two most hostile environments on the planet.

We, on the other hand…… 63.
I don’t know why people have a hard time grasping that.

And - they beat a damn good Kstate team like they stole aomething.
We beat clemsuck. - and yes clemson sucks - they lost to scar too.

Note to self - thy shall not be blown to smithereens by a less than team of that magnitude and expect to be viewed favorably.
Bollocks

They should have.

They lost two games by three points in the two most hostile environments on the planet.

Note to self - thy shall not be blown to smithereens by a less than team of that magnitude and expect to be viewed favorably.
Bama may have lost 2 games by 3 points in 2 games. But what about the 2 games they won by 3 points. They should have lost to aTm and Texas. No one talks about that. All anyone wants to talk about how Bama barely lost 2 games, but don’t mention how they batley win 2 games. Bama could have been very easily 8-4 as easy as they could have been 11-2 or 12-0. Fact is we beat Bama on the field and should be ahead of them.

I just google searched it because I really wasn't sure myself. This is what they say...

"The panel is chosen by random draw, conference by conference plus independents, from a pool of coaches who have indicated to the AFCA their willingness to participate."

Polls.

"And from a cesspool of coaches who have indicated their desire to be relevant again"

I have a funny feeling Bama is circling the UT game this year...They will have a lot of young talent, so hopefully we can pull off another W down there...
They better find a qb before they do anything, I like our chances and our team..

Bama may have lost 2 games by 3 points in 2 games. But what about the 2 games they won by 3 points. They should have lost to aTm and Texas. No one talks about that. All anyone wants to talk about how Bama barely lost 2 games, but don’t mention how they batley win 2 games. Bama could have been very easily 8-4 as easy as they could have been 11-2 or 12-0. Fact is we beat Bama on the field and should be ahead of them.

Ok - so we should be ahead of Bama just because we beat them ?… then scar should be ahead of us… look, it sucks, but is what it is. A sad thing.
And we are both right and both wrong- two sides to this one. I’m just still perturbed by what happened in Columbia sc. No top five team should lose to them. Ever.

Ok - so we should be ahead of Bama just because we beat them ?… then scar should be ahead of us… look, it sucks, but is what it is. A sad thing.
And we are both right and both wrong- two sides to this one. I’m just still perturbed by what happened in Columbia sc. No top five team should lose to them. Ever.

We have a much better record then Carolina which is why we shouldn't be beneath them. Alabama does not have a better record than us. And we beat them, and the other team that beat them, this isn't hard. We should be ranked above Bama.

Yeah, no way all those coaches think TCU is #2. Its all political. They know their votes will be public and most just go with status quo.

Your logic is flawed. Is SC 11-2? No they aren’t. Is SC a top 10 team? No they aren’t. What top 10 and too 25 teams did Bama beat? There has to be context. Since we were both 11-2 then the schedule comes into play. We beat a ranked LSU team on the road. Bama lost to them. We beat a top 3 Bama. We beat a top 10 Clemson. Bama didn’t.

So should Bama be ahead of us? No they shouldn’t. It’s Bama bias.

They should have.

How many games did Bama win by single digits vs our wins?

They should have.

-Tennessee and Alabama finished with identical records in the same conference
-Tennessee beat Alabama head to head(and controlled nearly the entire game)
-Tennessee dominated LSU, who also beat Alabama, with both games at LSU.
-Tennessee beat both LSU and Alabama in consecutive games.
-Tennessee had a higher SOS than Alabama.
-Tennessee’s best wins were against Alabama(11-2), Clemson(10-3 ACC champs, both reg season and championship game), at Pittsburgh(9-4), and at LSU(10-4 SEC West champs).
-Alabama.s best wins were against Kansas St.(10-4 Big 12 championship game winner), at Mississippi St.(9-4), at Texas(8-5), and at Ole Miss(8-5).
-Tennessee’s losses were at #1 Georgia and at #23 South Carolina.
-Alabama‘s losses were at #6 Tennessee and at #16 LSU
The Only category where Alabama out performed Tennessee was in margin of defeat…that’s it.
Anyone who ranked Alabama over Tennessee did so on nothing but brand bias and moral victories. I guess that outweighs the overwhelming preponderance of empirical data. Alabama has become Moral Victory U.

Can't be stumbling against dregs like SC next season. We need to win all the games we're supposed to for once this century! That shouldn't be a problem if we're progressing and we should be able to deal with Alabama and Georgia too!

Today I learned Butch Jones and Coach Look The Other Way when Sandusky is in the Shower Schiano are still coaches.

5-19 at Arky State and 12-22 at Rutgers respectively. Seems these two might not coaches for much longer..

Reactions: mpfvol
Polls don't mean squat. This proves it even more. Tennessee was 2nd place in the SEC. Played better teams than anyone else in the country. We looked better than Alabama nearly every week. 11 out of 13 I'll say. So we definitely should have finished ranked higher than Bammer.

Michigan and TCU should have dropped like rocks.

The best four teams in CFB this year was UGA, Tennessee, Ohio State and Alabama

Reactions: Vol737

VN Store

Back