The 2nd career adventures of Yankee

My dealership called me yesterday, I guess because I just had my car in their shop to get some work done. Asking if I wanted to upgrade, took me forever to get off the phone with the woman she wouldnt take no for an answer. Ive got a 16 ford escape with less than 50k miles on it, paid cash so i dont have a payment and dont want one. First time its ever need work and ive had it 4 years.

Happened to me over Christmas Break. As I was driving to my Chevrolet dealership, I was getting called by a salesman. I hid from him the entire time. They want my Spark bad.

I want a Trax or Trailblazer bad, but I just can bring myself to get one right now even with a trade-in.

Happened to me over Christmas Break. As I was driving to my Chevrolet dealership, I was getting called by a salesman. I hid from him the entire time. They want my Spark bad.

I want a Trax or Trailblazer bad, but I just can bring myself to get one right now even with a trade-in.
I get they gotta try, but take no and move on, dont keep me on the phone for 10 minutes.

It was its first time for mechanical issues.
giphy.gif

In early ‘74, I was working on a finishing crew for a tract builder in Montgomery, AL. The foreman had a Ford van on which he’d switched the F and D so that it read, DORF. I was riding with him when we were pulled over by Alabama State Police. The officer asked him, what kind of vehicle is a DORF. Without hesitating, he replied, German. The trooper wrote him up a warning ticket identifying his vehicle as a DORF van. 🤣

You know, something is "spartan" when it's sparse, functional, and doesn't have a lot of frills.

Never heard that before. But yeah you aren’t kidding. Not many out there and it ran rather well. Had only 5 gears so it sounded like it was going to fall apart on the Highway.

Never heard that before. But yeah you aren’t kidding. Not many out there and it ran rather well. Had only 5 gears so it sounded like it was going to fall apart on the Highway.
Yeah the xd is one you don't see much. The xb and tc are the ones I see on the road. I drove an xa once and that things was basically a go cart.

Reactions: zhangliao04
I think they quit making them because old people were buying them. the whole purpose of it was to get a brand going that only young people owned.

I think they quit making them because old people were buying them. the whole purpose of it was to get a brand going that only young people owned.

Salesman told me once that old people loved them because of how ergonomic ingress/egress was. Like the seats were the perfect height and config.

Reactions: JCHateSteve
Salesman told me once that old people loved them because of how ergonomic ingress/egress was. Like the seats were the perfect height and config.
They were nothing if not utilitarian. I wish they still made them. I'd totally buy one for the tiny HateSteve when she starts driving.

Passed my SIE exam today. Granted it was after 6 weeks instead of 4. Not that I really studied the extra 2 weeks, I just took a few more practice exams.

Still don't think I'm going to stick it out at the bank. I have an interview at a dealership tomorrow.

Also an outside chance that I'll take some contracting work (Constellis) in Iraq.

My dealership called me yesterday, I guess because I just had my car in their shop to get some work done. Asking if I wanted to upgrade, took me forever to get off the phone with the woman she wouldnt take no for an answer. Ive got a 16 ford escape with less than 50k miles on it, paid cash so i dont have a payment and dont want one. First time its ever need work and ive had it 4 years.
Hope you got an exception. THe Escapes have a car grade transmission that is in the Fusion variants, instead of one that meets the extra weight of the Escape. Kept long enough, you may have to address the transmission. Other than that they seem like pretty solid choices. In our sedan, that transmission has been great and has over 240K on it with zero fluid and filter changes in 210K miles.

Reactions: mr.checkerboards
Couldn’t pull the trigger on a truck. Just don’t have that kind of money with how expensive trucks are now. Ended up getting a Mazda CX-50. Love it. Acceleration is awesome and rides great. It’s awesome to finally have some room in the car I’m driving lol.

Mazda's seem to always take a back seat to the other brands, but IMO, they put out good looking and reliable rides.

Passed my SIE exam today. Granted it was after 6 weeks instead of 4. Not that I really studied the extra 2 weeks, I just took a few more practice exams.

Still don't think I'm going to stick it out at the bank. I have an interview at a dealership tomorrow.

Also an outside chance that I'll take some contracting work (Constellis) in Iraq.

So you moved from TN to GA to maybe go back into a dealership, when you had just made finance manager where you left?! You got some splaining to do. Finance Manager is tpically a good 6 figure job, and that stretches a little bit further in Clarksville.

VN Store

Back