The 2nd career adventures of Yankee

She had a GMC Acadia and we replaced the transmission once under warranty, it was slipping again so I wasn't going for round 2.
Sister had one of those. Theirs was junk. Think their trans went out also. And on the Escape.

She had a GMC Acadia and we replaced the transmission once under warranty, it was slipping again so I wasn't going for round 2.

Curious how well that Subie rides out and holds together over time. Only thing I've ever really heard about them is those flat engines tend to leak oil. But, that could have just been the model years around that time. Have never really heard much for or against. Suburu just always seems quietly unassuming.

Curious how well that Subie rides out and holds together over time. Only thing I've ever really heard about them is those flat engines tend to leak oil. But, that could have just been the model years around that time. Have never really heard much for or against. Suburu just always seems quietly unassuming.

Rides pretty nice, it's got more bells and whistles than I know how to use. Told her if she cuts her hair short and starts wearing flannel we're trading it.

Rides pretty nice, it's got more bells and whistles than I know how to use. Told her if she cuts her hair short and starts wearing flannel we're trading it.

Flannel totally acceptable with very well cut off denim shorts. Gotta see the product before you make the call.

I have been fully satisfied with the Pilot. But, it is a Honda. I tried my best to kill a 93 Accord EX 5 speed. Failed miserably. Absolute best vehicle I've owned. Cooler in the trunck for field dressed deer too. Wouldn't mind giving a fully appointed AWD Highlander a go as well. I would be totally open to the Ascent, but probably not her. Gotta give Subie props on the Ascent design. Typically, their design artists keep a sizeable group of buyers away. The new Grand Cherokees finally have a good look, and the new L version to boot after decades of putting rear passenger knees in their chests. But, they are still a Dodge.

Bought an Ascent in 2021. Satisfied so far. Like you, I don't have a clue about most of the bells and whistles.

2022 Subaru Outback Limited XT (turbo) here. Love it. And the windows are designed so that you can actually see out of them, which seems to be a fading art.

The turbo surprises other drivers who figure it’s the equivalent of a Prius in acceleration. 😎

New Prius can giddy up to highway speed. Prius drivers are so enamored of mpg that they don’t step on it when they can/should do so.

Reactions: VolNExile
Had a 1986 Subaru wagon with manual high-lo 4wd. Put 250k miles on it. Might still be driving it but for a douch from Illinois who ran a red light and took the front end off in the collision.

Couldn’t pull the trigger on a truck. Just don’t have that kind of money with how expensive trucks are now. Ended up getting a Mazda CX-50. Love it. Acceleration is awesome and rides great. It’s awesome to finally have some room in the car I’m driving lol.

Couldn’t pull the trigger on a truck. Just don’t have that kind of money with how expensive trucks are now. Ended up getting a Mazda CX-50. Love it. Acceleration is awesome and rides great. It’s awesome to finally have some room in the car I’m driving lol.
Even midsize trucks are expensive now.

Reactions: zhangliao04
Hyundai's are pretty good. Just be aware as the second owner you don't get the full warranty.
It's a certified used one. So we gets whats left of the original warranty and Lifetime power train apparently. Went to look at a Nissan Kicks. 2022 with 11000 miles and the drivers door was broken. Stumbled on the Venue and the wife liked it.

It's a certified used one. So we gets whats left of the original warranty and Lifetime power train apparently. Went to look at a Nissan Kicks. 2022 with 11000 miles and the drivers door was broken. Stumbled on the Venue and the wife liked it.
Good deal. Certified pre-owned is a hidden gem lol.

I have nothing to say but things about Hyundai. The 3 I've owned were great.

Reactions: JCHateSteve
Good deal. Certified pre-owned is a hidden gem lol.

I have nothing to say but things about Hyundai. The 3 I've owned were great.
It'll be out first. But eveyone I know that owns one tells me to buy one lol.

Last edited:
My dealership called me yesterday, I guess because I just had my car in their shop to get some work done. Asking if I wanted to upgrade, took me forever to get off the phone with the woman she wouldnt take no for an answer. Ive got a 16 ford escape with less than 50k miles on it, paid cash so i dont have a payment and dont want one. First time its ever need work and ive had it 4 years.

Reactions: Wireless1
My dealership called me yesterday, I guess because I just had my car in their shop to get some work done. Asking if I wanted to upgrade, took me forever to get off the phone with the woman she wouldnt take no for an answer. Ive got a 16 ford escape with less than 50k miles on it, paid cash so i dont have a payment and dont want one. First time its ever need work and ive had it 4 years.
A Ford in the shop? SURPRISE lol

“Have a nice day; bye now.” click

I really hate doing this but being polite doesn't work with some folks
Hey, that IS my polite response! 😇

They’re not being polite when they won’t let you off the phone (your own phone) and won’t take no for an answer. Their feelers aren’t going to be hurt by that.* They’re already dialing the next number.

* if they ARE hurt, they need to get a job that doesn’t require rude and obnoxious sales tactics.

Reactions: SpecialKVolfan20

VN Store

Back