War in Ukraine

I wonder how all these munitions get to theater. The Ru AF is still very strong, and if I was a tactician I would be hitting these logistics. Guess they have lousy ISR. I know we spend a buttload on it. More important than even the sophistication of ones kinetic ability. IMO. Sensors sensors sensors.

Honestly I think the CCP would be shocked. I know they witnessed GW1 and changed their doctrine. ODDA loop is applicable to everything and why I think the F-35 is a game changer. It can stealthily sniff and geolocate any AA to AG targets . pass target coordinates.

The US is passing ISR to Ukraine and wrecking a massive somewhat sophisticated military.

They invade the way of money rather than guns. Their businessmen are their soldiers

That used to be the US way.
IDT Afghanistan could ever be tamed..Muslim theocracy and theocracy does not jive well with evil business.
Wonder what the Afghans think of the Uyghurs

I wonder how all these munitions get to theater. The Ru AF is still very strong, and if I was a tactician I would be hitting these logistics. Guess they have lousy ISR. I know we spend a buttload on it. More important than even the sophistication of ones kinetic ability. IMO. Sensors sensors sensors.

Honestly I think the CCP would be shocked. I know they witnessed GW1 and changed their doctrine. ODDA loop is applicable to everything and why I think the F-35 is a game changer. It can stealthily sniff and geolocate any AA to AG targets . pass target coordinates.

The US is passing ISR to Ukraine and wrecking a massive somewhat sophisticated military.
From prior published info they are flown into theater into say Poland and cross the border by rail or truck into Ukraine. This is why Lviv was so crucial early on that is the major rail hub close to the point of entry

From prior published info they are flown into theater into say Poland and cross the border by rail or truck into Ukraine. This is why Lviv was so crucial early on that is the major rail hub close to the point of entry

RR and bridges are such static targets though. The RuAF still has tremendous capability and instead of raining missiles on cities they could go after logistics.
I dont get it..very poor strategic and tactical planning, or lack of ISR as I said.

Reactions: LouderVol
RR and bridges are such static targets though. The RuAF still has tremendous capability and instead of raining missiles on cities they could go after logistics.
I dont get it..very poor strategic and tactical planning, or lack of ISR as I said.
Lviv was hit several times early on. That is the major RR depot. I believe I published an article early on that stated how quickly RR lines were repaired by the Ukrainians after they were hit.

And frankly the Russians have shown via their own targeting they’re more interested in hitting soft civilian targets instead of military targets. Either that or they absolutely suck at targeting. Pick your poison

Reactions: AM64
That used to be the US way.
IDT Afghanistan could ever be tamed..Muslim theocracy and theocracy does not jive well with evil business.
Wonder what the Afghans think of the Uyghurs
It’s a very smart plan for sure. I don’t keep up with news all too much, so I apologize. What do you mean but your last sentence?

Last edited:
Reactions: DonjoVol

Go back to our failure to target materials and weapons entering Vietnam. It seems like LBJ and McNamara were afraid of "threatening" the Chinese by targeting the rail lines close to the Chinese border or making life difficult for the international community by targeting N Vietnamese harbors. If common sense exists in Russia (and that's a big if), Russia would likely not target locations near the Ukrainian border with friendly countries. Once through the chokepoints it's a lot harder to target incoming logistics because they are likely already being distributed and less concentrated.

Go back to our failure to target materials and weapons entering Vietnam. It seems like LBJ and McNamara were afraid of "threatening" the Chinese by targeting the rail lines close to the Chinese border or making life difficult for the international community by targeting N Vietnamese harbors. If common sense exists in Russia (and that's a big if), Russia would likely not target locations near the Ukrainian border with friendly countries. Once through the chokepoints it's a lot harder to target incoming logistics because they are likely already being distributed and less concentrated.

There is the border though.one foot over and fair game.
Ho Chi Min Trail..well I cannot argue with anyone of your knowledge.

But that was jungle and stealthy.
Road networks are not stealth. One foot across the line and it would be fair game. I was commenting on the lack of ISR or the ineptitude

There is a way and we are not privy to how.But this is millions of tons.

There is the border though.one foot over and fair game.
Ho Chi Min Trail..well I cannot argue with anyone of your knowledge.

But that was jungle and stealthy.
Road networks are not stealth. One foot across the line and it would be fair game. I was commenting on the lack of ISR or the ineptitude

There is a way and we are not privy to how.But this is millions of tons.

I'm just looking at it from the perspective that almost all of Ukraine's neighbors to the west are NATO countries. Belarus is to the north of the region you are talking about for incoming logistics. That means Russia has to either actively involve Belarus or an air strike would have to cover a lot of Ukraine, and Russia doesn't have air superiority. Does Russia actually have other weapons (missiles, cruise missiles, drones) with the accuracy to hit targets over that distance, and would countries like Poland see the strikes coming their way and just assume they are supposed to hit Ukrainian targets near the border? Looks like risky business where the incoming weapons and supplies are still concentrated.

In the past we and other NATO countries have had a lot of surveillance planes flying near the Ukrainian border that you assume are looking at what's flying over Ukraine. BTW ADSB isn't showing anything there right now which doesn't mean they aren't there, but there is an RC-135 Rivet Joint cruising the China coast from northwest of Okinawa down to Taiwan and back - flying out of Kadena - Okinawa.

Reactions: Orangeburst
I'm just looking at it from the perspective that almost all of Ukraine's neighbors to the west are NATO countries. Belarus is to the north of the region you are talking about for incoming logistics. That means Russia has to either actively involve Belarus or an air strike would have to cover a lot of Ukraine, and Russia doesn't have air superiority. Does Russia actually have other weapons (missiles, cruise missiles, drones) with the accuracy to hit targets over that distance, and would countries like Poland see the strikes coming their way and just assume they are supposed to hit Ukrainian targets near the border? Looks like risky business where the incoming weapons and supplies are still concentrated.

In the past we and other NATO countries have had a lot of surveillance planes flying near the Ukrainian border that you assume are looking at what's flying over Ukraine. BTW ADSB isn't showing anything there right now which doesn't mean they aren't there, but there is an RC-135 Rivet Joint cruising the China coast from northwest of Okinawa down to Taiwan and back - flying out of Kadena - Okinawa.

The RuAF does have air superiority though. Massive strategic and tactical superiority..
It goes back to what I think..ISR is like the logistics of the 20th Century.
If Russia had a JSTARS ISR that would be a game changer.

Russia has been overhyped in our elections and their capacity. This isn't the USSR. They hold a couple of Ace cards..other than that deuces.

Now let's focus on the CCP..a real peer to peer threat.

The RuAF does have air superiority though. Massive strategic and tactical superiority..
It goes back to what I think..ISR is like the logistics of the 20th Century.
If Russia had a JSTARS ISR that would be a game changer.

Russia has been overhyped in our elections and their capacity. This isn't the USSR. They hold a couple of Ace cards..other than that deuces.

Now let's focus on the CCP..a real peer to peer threat.

China is the real threat to us, and fortunately people are waking up to the reality. I read today that we are actually reopening an Embassy in the Solomon Islands - after China signed an agreement with them last year that could include something like policing action. Apparently we are paying more attention to other island groups in the area - like Micronesia. At least with Russia tied down in Ukraine, China is down a potential ally.

Years ago I returned from Japan on a Continental Air Micronesia flight - a 727 that island hopped from Tokyo to Honolulu. My wife and I spent almost a week on Truk - it was obvious that we weren't spending a lot of money on those places even though we administered the UN Trust and the Northern Mariana Islands are US territories. Those are strategic locations as we learned in WW2, and if you don't pay attention to them somebody like China will.

Reactions: Orangeburst
Sure they are. It just looks different.

Taliban & Chinese Firm Sign Historic Afghan Oil Extraction Deal | ZeroHedge

Picture says a lot. Look who is wearing masks and who isn't. In other words, Taliban is going to do there thing and China has their thing, yet they are still find enough mutual benefit to work out a deal. The Chinese are not going to be pushing their "values" on the Taliban.

chinatalibanoil.jpg

VN Store

Back