‘23 TN LB Arion Carter (Tennessee)

STAR is the perfect position for him.

Tank was benched last year for Charles in the middle of the season. Then Charles immediately got hurt. ....Annoying.

I think they have plan for Tank and it doesn't include him playing deep. I hope so anyway...
I thought Charles started bc Trevon Flowers was hurt/out.

STAR is the perfect position for him.

Tank was benched last year for Charles in the middle of the season. Then Charles immediately got hurt. ....Annoying.

I think they have plan for Tank and it doesn't include him playing deep. I hope so anyway...
Tank (a safety) didn’t play because of his off the field incident, out against Bama and UT Martin. Charles (a cornerback) did come in mid season and got hurt against UT Martin. But one had no bearing on the other

Tank (a safety) didn’t play because of his off the field incident, out against Bama and UT Martin. Charles (a cornerback) did come in mid season and got hurt against UT Martin. But one had no bearing on the other
"LAST SEASON "
that's the 2021 season.

Christ man. ...

Reactions: Smokey19rt
Kirkland started as a freshman. This kid is a better athlete and he’s already practicing so he could make a move.

My thoughts too. It’s not that far fetch to believe a true freshman can start at linebacker. Definitely possible.

Kirkland — great example, (had JRM next to him)
AJ Johnson / Curt Maggitt (had Nick Reveiz next to them)
Henry To’oto’o (had Daniel Bituli)

It seems to me, the key is to have a veteran LB to pair with a talented freshman, which we will have 2 (Beasley and Keenan Pili)

Preseason Spotlight: No. 25 – Christian Charles - Off The Hook Sports

This article stats that he started for an injured Trevon Flowers…. We didn’t bench anyone for him.
"The 6-foot-1 defensive back tallied his first career start against Mizzou two weeks after his strong performance against Pitt after safety Trevon Flowers was declared unavailable pregame. Charles tallied one pass breakup before leaving the game in the first half. He then sat out the next five games with an upper-body injury."

Tennessee's depth chart for Missouri game

In that depth chart in the link above it has McCullough AND Flowers as starters for Mizzou. That goes against what that article says...
McCullough went in FOR Charles after his injury.
Rewatch the game if you'd like....

"The 6-foot-1 defensive back tallied his first career start against Mizzou two weeks after his strong performance against Pitt after safety Trevon Flowers was declared unavailable pregame. Charles tallied one pass breakup before leaving the game in the first half. He then sat out the next five games with an upper-body injury."

Tennessee's depth chart for Missouri game

In that depth chart in the link above it has McCullough AND Flowers as starters for Mizzou. That goes against what that article says...
McCullough went in FOR Charles after his injury.
Rewatch the game if you'd like....

Watch between the 4:35-4:40 mark…. Right when Charles almost gets the int…. The announcer states that Charles was getting the start bc flowers was ruled out due to injury before the game started…

My thoughts too. It’s not that far fetch to believe a true freshman can start at linebacker. Definitely possible.

Kirkland — great example, (had JRM next to him)
AJ Johnson / Curt Maggitt (had Nick Reveiz next to them)
Henry To’oto’o (had Daniel Bituli)

It seems to me, the key is to have a veteran LB to pair with a talented freshman, which we will have 2 (Beasley and Keenan Pili)
Emphasis on Beasley since he already knows the scheme as well.

Reactions: headhunter15
Let’s just put him at strong safety to get him on the field. Kills two birds with one stone.
I wanted Aaron Beasley at SS, when he was freshman. Worked out at LB, eventually. I don't think it will take as long for Carter. But if SS or Star gets him on the field quicker, I'm down.

I wanted Aaron Beasley at SS, when he was freshman. Worked out at LB, eventually. I don't think it will take as long for Carter. But if SS or Star gets him on the field quicker, I'm down.

Arion at Star
Telander/Smith at the LB spots.

It’s unfortunate in some ways that we’ll never really get to compare him to guys like Al Wilson and Jerod Mayo because the game is so different now. But in this era of football I suspect that he’ll be the best we’ve had. Better than Henry T and Banks. It’s unfortunate because that’s not saying a whole lot but I think Arion Carter is going to have one of those careers that we look back on with a lot of appreciation

What is he right now 220 ish ? If he's in the 230s by spring he will start at at MLB imo B will be outside or they could flip if dude is quick enough to play outside. We are in a good spot at LB finally.

What is he right now 220 ish ? If he's in the 230s by spring he will start at at MLB imo B will be outside or they could flip if dude is quick enough to play outside. We are in a good spot at LB finally.
Profile says he's 6'1 210
220 is big enough to play at that position
Banks and Beasley were 225 this past year.

JMO…I see the main rotation to start the season as Beasley, Pili and Herring…Carter will get burn as the 4th LB and his snaps will increase as he learns the D and adapts to the speed of the SEC…he, Smith and Telander will also see ALOT of snaps on ST in the process…I don’t see any of the three freshmen RSing next year

VN Store

Back