Corey Rucker (3 star WR)
MarShawn Lloyd (4 star RB) - leading rusher this past season
Jordan Davis (3 star OT)
Tyrese Ross (3 star S)
Jaheim Bell (4 star TE) - 3rd in receptions on team
Joey Hunter (3 star CB)
Austin Stogner (3 star TE) - 6th in receptions on team
RJ Roderick (3 star S)

That's just the guys in the portal right now, gonna lose quite a few contributors to the draft and graduation as well.
& Rattler hasn't announced a decision yet, has he?

Jordan Burch (5 star edge) - 2nd on team in sacks & 3rd in total tackles
Rashad Amos (3 star RB)
Rodricus Fitten (3 star edge)
Gilber Edmond (4 star edge) - 1st on team in TFLs
Corey Rucker (3 star WR)
MarShawn Lloyd (4 star RB) - leading rusher this past season
Jordan Davis (3 star OT)
Tyrese Ross (3 star S)
Jaheim Bell (4 star TE) - 3rd in receptions on team
Joey Hunter (3 star CB)
Austin Stogner (3 star TE) - 6th in receptions on team
RJ Roderick (3 star S)

That's just the guys in the portal right now, gonna lose quite a few contributors to the draft and graduation as well.
from their board

Thursday, Jan. 5

DE Jordan Burch

-- Oregon is rumored to be a landing spot for Burch, who was third on the team with 60 tackles in 2022. He also had 7.5 tackles for loss (third) and 3.5 sacks (second).

Sunday, Jan. 1

RB Rashad Amos

-- Amos had two carries for seven yards in 2022.

Saturday, Dec. 31

DE Rodricus Fitten

Thursday, Dec. 15

DE Gilber Edmond

-- Florida State hosted Edmond for a visit earlier this week. LSU is also in the mix. He led South Carolina with 9.0 tackles for loss in 2022.

Wednesday, Dec. 14

WR Corey Rucker

-- Rucker entered his name into the portal, but his football career might actually be finished.

Monday, Dec. 12

RB MarShawn Lloyd

-- Shortly after Lloyd entered the portal, TheBigSpur reported four schools of interest for Lloyd: Georgia, Michigan State, Southern Cal and Tennessee. At this point, we are not aware of what could be next, though it is probably safe to rule out Georgia and Michigan State.

Lloyd led the team with 573 yards and nine touchdowns on the ground in 2022.

Wednesday, Dec. 7

OL Jordan Davis

-- Buffalo and UMass have offered Davis.

Tuesday, Dec. 6

DB Tyrese Ross
TE Jaheim Bell - Florida State

Bell rushed for 261 yards and three touchdowns in 2022. He also caught 25 passes for 231 yards and two touchdowns. He was second on the team in rushing yards.

Monday, Dec. 5

DB Joey Hunter
TE Austin Stogner - Oklahoma

Stogner caught 20 passes for 210 yards and a touchdown during his only season at South Carolina.

Tuesday, Oct. 18

DB R.J. Roderick

-- Roderick had a handful of offers posted to his Twitter account, but James Madison is currently the only one that is listed.

We will drop 3 next season... not sure which, but at least 3 at this point unless Milton takes huge strides and we pick up at least 3-4 experienced higher end players from the portal in positions of need. We won't be the same team as this season. Nothing wrong with this, as I believe in 2024 and beyond we move to the next level and become a top 5 team for years...

Wrong....the most we lose in regular season is 2. We will be either 11-1 or 10-2.

Mark.
It.
Down.

If Heupel goes back to back 11-2 then we need to give him another raise. Ya'll are ridiculous with expectations, we still are playing Bama and Georgia both each year.

97/98 was the last time UT went back to back 11 win (which is also the ONLY time it's happened in program history).
I agree. I think that's part of the point I'm making. We're being hypercritical of a defensive group that is 1. Getting older and 2. Gaining talent and we just went 11-2.

Why are we demanding anything or making sweeping personnel expectations? Just let them coach. It wasn't the best performance from that group this year but we still went 11-2.

He goes 11-2 again next year, I give him COY, name a building or street after him, another raise and extension, and celebrate my ass off.
My thoughts exactly.

He has proven he can go 11-2 without Top 20 DB performance. The odds and reasonable expectation isn't 11-2 though.

So it just sounds like fans setting themselves up to be mad. "If he doesn't go get X player and X position that I think we should have then next season will be worse and he should be punished!" 12 months later, the odds are its, "I told you so! If those coaches had just listened to me! Not getting X was the downfall!"

ADHD, in children essentially is slow development of frontal lobe, from my reading and understanding. Executive functionalities of the brain are slower to develop. This causes delays in comprehension, processing, organization, and emotionality. There are stigmas associated with all of these things, which can be traumatic for all involved. ADHD children, sometimes also have secondary or underlying issues such as dyslexia, generalized anxiety, depression. Unfortunate thing is that many are super intelligent but schools lack resources to adequately take care of learning disabilities.

Teaching kids important skills such as how to study, how to be on a regimin, keep that regimin, as well as coping strategies are apriori. Not everyone has access to these resources, not everyone has empathic gaurdianship willing to help.

Issues manifest with ADHD kids when those ungoverned impulses turn into bad behaviours, which are choices. Later in life that's when they become psychological issues. IE, that's the Ainge equation.

Ah man, you are totally correct. I should not judge like I did. Very interesting post.

So if we go 11-2 again but our passing defense hasn't drastically improved then what should be done with Heupel?

Heupel HAS improved the roster this offseason. Maybe not in the way many fans want him to, but the staff apparently feels very good about the incoming freshmen and growth of the current players.
Nothing should be done to Heupel, but if a position group continues to struggle, that position coach should certainly be scrutinized and potentially replaced with a coach who can fix the problems. If you have a subordinate not getting their job done in a satisfactory way, what would you do? Ignore it and continue to let them do a subpar job? No one is screaming "fahr Heupel!". We're all happy with the end result of 11-2. But that doesn't mean you don't identify areas of improvement. The ultimate goal will always be to be the best. XV Nulla. Or whatever it becomes with an expanded playoff. That doesn't mean you fire the coach if he doesn't reach that goal, but you always strive to get better. It's the nature of the game.

Nothing should be done to Heupel, but if a position group continues to struggle, that position coach should certainly be scrutinized and potentially replaced with a coach who can fix the problems. If you have a subordinate not getting their job done in a satisfactory way, what would you do? Ignore it and continue to let them do a subpar job? No one is screaming "fahr Heupel!". We're all happy with the end result of 11-2. But that doesn't mean you don't identify areas of improvement. The ultimate goal will always be to be the best. XV Nulla. Or whatever it becomes with an expanded playoff. That doesn't mean you fire the coach if he doesn't reach that goal, but you always strive to get better. It's the nature of the game.
Maybe by his evaluations…… he thinks the assistants are doing a good job….. fans tend to want to fire based on perception no matter the variables.

We need at least one corner. If Heupel does not look to improve the roster and the same issues arise, the excuses are out the window and it turns to accountability

2022 class was 17th composite overall on 247
2023 class is 9th composite overall on 247

how is that NOT improving the roster?

And 13 of the class are defensive players with a total of 5 being secondary players.

I agree, but I'm personally scrutinizing this weird stipulation that "if he doesn't go get a portal corner and it doesn't improve (or drastically per some standards, because improvement is subjective) then," demand.

Why not just, "If it doesn't improve, then"??

Yeah, if it doesn't improve then you probably need staff adjustments. I don't really care to demand a transfer. The coaches know what they have, what they need, and know what's available. As long as it improves, really by any metric, I'll be happy.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
Maybe by his evaluations…… he thinks the assistants are doing a good job….. fans tend to want to fire based on perception no matter the variables.
Agree. The defensive scheme definitely isn't designed to make the pass defense look good. Bend but don't break will lead to more passing yards, more possessions to a faster tempo will also lead to more passing yards. Add in the fact that our run defense was fantastic, more teams passed and that doesn't help the numbers either. At the end of the day they finished 36th in scoring defense against an SEC schedule and the pass D is part of that too.

That said, there were certainly several times that a ball gets thrown into the air and you just know someone's gonna make some odd, terrible play on the jumpball. Hopefully that's a talent issue we see resolved by the incoming class, but it's definitely something I want to see improvement on, along with DBs getting their heads turned back to the ball so they don't get called for a PI on every third down.

Reactions: bpvol
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back