Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are a lot of reasons why some people may not want to join. However, Spyre has made it easy for those who do want to join.

I'm glad we have them and have the ability to help if we want to. Whether you donate or not, we're all still equal as Vol fans. Donating doesn't make you any more of a fan.
I agree, those that can should if they feel the need but not everybody wants to send a monthly check. I think in time a revenue stream will present itself and whoever comes up with that method will be rolling in the dough until it becomes the blue print everybody else copies, it's just another money thing.

Reactions: Enki_Amenra
That’s what good backs do. They get yards and play hard. Hate when people say well take away a game. Like when trying to talk about our defense. You look at a whole seasons work and then compare. It’s not wrong to say that Wright and Sampson are bigger threats and have more potential. It’s the truth. Doesn’t mean small is a bad back. He is a good player.

You just used a lot of words to say: “I think Wright is better than Small.”

With Walker now entering the portal (allegedly), Thornton is damn near a must get at this point. I also see why AP mentioned potentially going after a 2nd WR (I would assume at Slot) as well. We have no one behind Squirrel at the moment and his size will always be a concern if he can make it thru a season.

I like our young WRs on the outside though, think we good there for the future.

A lineup of Bru, Keyton/Thornton, and Squirrel would be awesome. Would be great if Seldon can get up to speed enough to be that backup slot wr behind Squirrel. This spring will be huge for a lot of young guys and how we attack that 2nd portal window in May.
I will be shocked if they can keep seldon off the field. He doesn’t have to understand the whole playbook. Teach him how to run a screen and a go and let him play. Kid is dynamic.

Vols shopping transfer portal for 1 more WR to shore up depth and skillset they're seeking. No surprise, Oregon WR Thornton is their guy. Visiting this week. They sound like he's ours to lose.

Not worried about any of the 9 guys they lost, particularly WR. Still need to backfill numbers for depth/upgrades at OL, TE, WR, Edge, maybe CB.

Need to see how many more leave, and what that will mean for who else they try to add. Expect some more losses.

I get it. I don't bring up NIL to try to shame single individuals that can't join. I know that some people take it that way. You aren't a bad fan or poor because you can't donate to Vol Club.

There have been many years in my life that I had $0 to my name. I'm not saying if you're a Vol fan you MUST sacrifice all other financial commitments and donate to Spyre before you do anything else. That's stupid.

For people that buy Tennessee merch, subscribe to the pay sites, donate to the university, go to games (and all the money that goes with that), I would suggest that those fans prioritize Vol Club at or near the top. For them, $5 or $25/month is doable.

I know the passion that this fanbase has, how many fans we have, how much money the fanbase as a whole spends on anything orange, and I know we can do better than 2,000 members.

Basically @InVOLuntary then. Shame that guy. Nothing but a think-for-his-selfer, yacht mogul masquerading as a houseboat builder family man.

Last edited:
Our passing defense was horrid, one of the worst in FBS.
College Football Stats - College FB Team Opponent Average Team Passer Rating | TeamRankings.com

I don’t think that’s accurate….. we were below avg but not horrid…. We were 63RD in qb rating against which would be 7th in the SEC….... tied for 3rd in the SEC in ints….. we also faced more possessions…. Had much less rest between series… injury issues from fall camp on….. I do agree we could use a stud number one cb but it’s not as bad as what our Al fans assume that it was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back