Rae Burrell

MrBiggles

So, I was watching a game of WNBL (Australian Women's Basketball League) and noticed that Rae Burrell was playing for the UC Capitals (Canberra) in the Australian Basketball League. I'm guessing that she is playing here in Australia to keep up her fitness as well as hone her shooting and toughness as the Australian League is a little more physical than the WNBA. I'm guessing she would be back in the WNBA next session.

So, I was watching a game of WNBL (Australian Women's Basketball League) and noticed that Rae Burrell was playing for the UC Capitals (Canberra) in the Australian Basketball League. I'm guessing that she is playing here in Australia to keep up her fitness as well as hone her shooting and toughness as the Australian League is a little more physical than the WNBA. I'm guessing she would be back in the WNBA next session.
Australian league a little more physical than the WNBA lol well ill be damned. Who knew the best league in the world was in australia LOL. All jokes aside NWBL is very physical but i would call it more of a dirty play league ala Liz Cambage. the WNBA is just hands down brutal when it comes to physicality .

Probably gets paid more there than the WNBA.
WNBA max salary of 250K for top players
Aussie Salaries (WNBL): $336,000 to $420,000

She's definitely getting paid more but if she wants to have a longer and more lucrative career she has to prove herself in the W instead of the Aussie league :( . A lot of great player in the NWBL but its a far cry from the WNBA. Which is the reason most of the top aussie's come over to the states for more superior competition and talent.

She's definitely getting paid more but if she wants to have a longer and more lucrative career she has to prove herself in the W instead of the Aussie league :( . A lot of great player in the NWBL but its a far cry from the WNBA. Which is the reason most of the top aussie's come over to the states for more superior competition and talent.
I'm curious how the Aussie (and other international) leagues afford to pay so much more than the W. Are their ticket sales that much better? Do they have better investors? Are they subsidized somehow?

Is the reason WNBA salaries are so low that attendance and TV ratings are not very good? Is there more to that?

I'm curious how the Aussie (and other international) leagues afford to pay so much more than the W. Are their ticket sales that much better? Do they have better investors? Are they subsidized somehow?

Is the reason WNBA salaries are so low that attendance and TV ratings are not very good? Is there more to that?
Better investors

I think the Aussie salaries are listed in Australian dollars which convert to 67 cents per US dollar. So, that Aussie max salary converts to around 300K (still better than the WNBA).

Reactions: chuckiepoo

VN Store

Back