Game Thread: Lady Vols vs. Alabama

I've got to stop now
otherwise I may get fined for battling wits with an unarmed foe

It's been ,,,,
well, it's been

You mean tap out. You’re more Court Jester than Coach Jumper in the battle of wits.

But really would like to know the years married on your end. Sense you’re speaking for my wife.

Last edited:
Not sure that it matters if she starts or not. Just knock down a twenty spot, snag a half dozen rebounds, and dish about four assists. 😉
I know that's probably true in general. But even tho KJH says starting isn't a big deal, they make it a pretty big deal in pregame introductions with a whole production. Just this one game, against Hayes Inc., I want RJ to have the full package from fireworks intro to post game interview.

I know that's probably true in general. But even tho KJH says starting isn't a big deal, they make it a pretty big deal in pregame introductions with a whole production. Just this one game, against Hayes Inc., I want RJ to have the full package from fireworks intro to post game interview.
Agree. Kids work hard for those moments…from intro to curtain call. If she’s giving her all, reward her and don’t call it practice.

Reactions: Lucy
😎

Reactions: Lucy
Glad Jojo (jordan walker) had a great game and free throws are paying off for the team. So nice to see the extra work they are putting in translate to in game success.

I can see why she is in the game as a starter. She is putting pressure on the opposing teams perimeter players and opposing players in transition D.

Jordan played a good around game but we need her shooting percentage to rise. 4- 10 is below what she can do.

My ballgame buddy, my teenage granddaughter and I were talking about this at the game. She was talking about what an incredible athletic body RJ has, and how physically beautiful she is. Must she have everything LOL? My granddaughter said that's exactly the girl her high school friends tear to shreds! Poor little rich girl. But it is hard, especially being the best player in the group just by walking in the door. And guaranteed to take someone's minutes.

I had hoped it would go a little smoother than it apparently did, and I have been saying RJ should start to remove any doubt of ongoing punishment. But I believe all that doubt is cleared up now, all parties are certainly saying the right things. The healing balm of winning! Hopefully it has been a life lesson for all.

Please, please let her start Thursday!

I've been on the "Rickea should start" bandwagon since it left the station but if this game (versus Florida) is the benchmark, I can see the logic in the current starting line-up. Rickea seems to have no problem coming off the bench and getting right into the flow of game (averaging 25 a game). In contrast, Sara "Bucketts" seems to be less effective coming off the bench. This starting group are all players that are deeply immersed in Kellie's system and so there is a lot of trust that they will execute the game plan. I think the most important line-up issue is having Horston and Jackson are on the floor together when a game is in the balance.

All in all, hats off to Coach Harper. She took a huge risk in suspending Rickea and that could have blown up in her face in ways that could have put her position in jeopardy. Rickea has come back revitalized since "the issue" and is hitting the boards and doing all the little things you want. The team looks to be as close as can be. So, once again, it appears the Coach knew more about her team than us rando message board posters. Who would have thought?

You mean tap out. You’re more Court Jester than Coach Jumper in the battle of wits.

But really would like to know the years married on your end. Sense you’re speaking for my wife.

I married "Miss Right"
but I didn't know her first name was "always"

I've been on the "Rickea should start" bandwagon since it left the station but if this game (versus Florida) is the benchmark, I can see the logic in the current starting line-up. Rickea seems to have no problem coming off the bench and getting right into the flow of game (averaging 25 a game). In contrast, Sara "Bucketts" seems to be less effective coming off the bench. This starting group are all players that are deeply immersed in Kellie's system and so there is a lot of trust that they will execute the game plan. I think the most important line-up issue is having Horston and Jackson are on the floor together when a game is in the balance.

All in all, hats off to Coach Harper. She took a huge risk in suspending Rickea and that could have blown up in her face in ways that could have put her position in jeopardy. Rickea has come back revitalized since "the issue" and is hitting the boards and doing all the little things you want. The team looks to be as close as can be. So, once again, it appears the Coach knew more about her team than us rando message board posters. Who would have thought?
Winning have you seeing logic , save it for LSU ,UConn and the Champs. If I can put you in 3 min into the game, I ought to start you.

Jordan played a good around game but we need her shooting percentage to rise. 4- 10 is below what she can do.

I'm sure she will... her shooting percentage is the highest it's been in her four years (46% and 38 % from 3)... She will also probably put herself in the gym (heck she js probably in the practice gym right now) lol

kellie was big in 97 ncaa run she was gvary good point guard play defence well hit threes and could drive to the basket. she took a low key during 98 run pass ball three meeks . 99 no four chamships in a row holdsclaw had bad game north caroline knot tenn out. tenn can not win with one r two scorers for six games team depended to much on holdsclaw and other meeks.
Points she had an off day by her set standards offensively. You can get wrapped around the wheel on the term, I’m not throwing her under the bus as it was good to see Tess step up. Refreshing to see a someone step up besides RJ and JH. Stated many times for us to go deep in SECT and NCAA tournament is RJ and JH can’t have off nights together.

Just an FYI but Striplin lead all players today with 8 rebounds.
Fatoldman- she led the team in rebounds and blocks today with the least amount of minutes. Clearly all you see is points. Striplin and Hollingshead are both solid post. Striplin does all the little things right, sets screens, boxes out, finds open players. Hell last game she had more assist than the point guard and she is a post. Doing her job to be effective dosent always mean points, but being a factor to allow others to score and open up lanes. Kudos to Hollingshead today she had a great game and between the two of them and Franklin the 5 slot will be well handled.

Of all the fans Tess has, Mudcat is 1a and 1b.
if you not have read tess played the long game and won lucy you should tess parents cried when they and tess got their dream offer they pray for. got admit i have read it aleast 4 or 5 times . govols247

Reactions: chuckiepoo
My objection is calling what JH did today an "off" game. In fact, we should expect to see this alot - Rickea scoring alot, with JH doing the all around work in other areas and chipping in timely baskets. Kudos to JH for embracing this role. There will be games where circumstances dictate JH score more, but it’s her across the board contributions that will mean the most. This is why having RJ is so, so important, it frees JH to be the blue collar workhorse.

Woo! That formatting is a mess up in there… 😉[/QUOTE]
Jordan had an excellent game imo ....her vision .sharp passing .assists,rebounding ,and handling of the ball were essential ingredients in this win.

Fatoldman- she led the team in rebounds and blocks today with the least amount of minutes. Clearly all you see is points. Striplin and Hollingshead are both solid post. Striplin does all the little things right, sets screens, boxes out, finds open players. Hell last game she had more assist than the point guard and she is a post. Doing her job to be effective dosent always mean points, but being a factor to allow others to score and open up lanes. Kudos to Hollingshead today she had a great game and between the two of them and Franklin the 5 slot will be well handled.
did see where karoline block to bama off of horston to get easy layup karoline passes as good as the guards. just like football runing backs no touchdowns without blocks thats two players she pick on one play

if you not have read tess played the long game and won lucy you should tess parents cried when they and tess got their dream offer they pray for. got admit i have read it aleast 4 or 5 times . govols247
Thanks for the recommendation MC. I will try and find the article. Hope it doesn’t make my eyes perspire!

VN Store

Back