Game Thread: Lady Vols vs. Alabama

[QUOTE/]Wasn’t a diss, JH can’t be expected to play at a high level every game same for RJ. Perks of having both is points, if one’s down the other picks it up….add a game like Tess today and helps JH having an off day. JH and RJ both have off days it won’t end well more than likely.

My objection is calling what JH did today an "off" game. In fact, we should expect to see this alot - Rickea scoring alot, with JH doing the all around work in other areas and chipping in timely baskets. Kudos to JH for embracing this role. There will be games where circumstances dictate JH score more, but its her across the board contributions that will mean the most. This is why having RJ is so, so important, it frees JH to be the blue collar workhorse.[/QUOTE]

Exactly, 9 pts and 9 rebounds when lots of points are coming from other players is just fine and dandy. Jordan's defensive effort is always stellar and she did a good job breaking pressure. If she had one of her 3's, this would have been an A game. As it stands A-.

Also, need to swoon over Rickea. 10-14 is incredibly efficient with 7 boards, and 3 really nice assists. She is way more than just a scorer.

Work for TMZ or another blog? I guess it's good when "fans" drum up "drama" during wins...

Gotta subscription we can sign up for ?

Who drummed up drama? Just going with what’s out there. Thank goodness we have RJ

I enjoy being a fan for free….my opinions are my own. Which means you get my opinions for free….no need to pay for it. Better deal here. I’m all about giving back.

Reactions: Voluble2
Put that in your smoke and pipe it!
giphy.gif

Reactions: madtownvol
I would love for RJ to start MSU game!!!!! To me it was brave and difficult for RJ to transfer for just her Senior year. She would obviously be the team leader at MSU but she chose to come to a new team where day one she moved ahead of almost all the returning players but didn’t have a relationship with anyone except Jordy. Talk about walking on egg shells. I hope by the end of the year she will have found her leadership lane as a LV. Kellie needs to look for leadership opportunities for Kea. This adjustment period/experience will serve her well in the years to come.

Who drummed up drama? Just going with what’s out there. Thank goodness we have RJ

I enjoy being a fan for free….my opinions are my own. Which means you get my opinions for free….no need to pay for it. Better deal here. I’m all about giving back.

fan?
you?
laughing-laughing-hysterically.gif

giphy.gif

Reactions: youcancallmeAl

What's out there ? Because you clearly see the videos of the coach and player getting along on multiple occassions and youre saying there is still an issue. Ok, we will go with that. LOL, you know what have at it. Matter of fact i'm agreeing with you just to end it here LOL. There's an issue, Kellie is out to get rickea, and all of that. Hope her master plan keeps working and we keep winning LOL

Oh and make sure you look at my other post where i found Parker coming off the bench 🤭 have a good one!

I would love for RJ to start MSU game!!!!! To me it was brave and difficult for RJ to transfer for just her Senior year. She would obviously be the team leader at MSU but she chose to come to a new team where day one she moved ahead of almost all the returning players but didn’t have a relationship with anyone except Jordy. Talk about walking on egg shells. I hope by the end of the year she will have found her leadership lane as a LV. Kellie needs to look for leadership opportunities for Kea. This adjustment period/experience will serve her well in the years to come.

Didn't she also know Jas Powell? I think they knew each other from AAU and other circles

Reactions: chuckiepoo
What's out there ? Because you clearly see the videos of the coach and player getting along on multiple occassions and youre saying there is still an issue. Ok, we will go with that. LOL, you know what have at it. Matter of fact i'm agreeing with you just to end it here LOL. There's an issue, Kellie is out to get rickea, and all of that. Hope her master plan keeps working and we keep winning LOL

Oh and make sure you look at my other post where i found Parker coming off the bench 🤭 have a good one!
and who initiated the bump?

The LVS shooting almost 54% from the field and 82% is way above the baseline for this team. [If this becomes their new normal, they would be great bet for the final four]

Plus, Jordan Walker had the game of the season and one of her all-time best tonight. Odds are that is not going to be her standard outing (please prove me wrong Jordan!!)

Having said that, there are some great signs of offensive development. More movement off the ball, nice back cuts for easy shots. Puckett is reading the game really well. The way she is playing, I don't want to see her minutes cut at all.

On the thing about good coaches developing players. Hollingshead is fast tracking at a pace that may be in violation of the law. She has gone from looking lost to a confident and skilled post. She still has some rough edges but Kellie's polishing machine is working overtime.

Look out SEC, Tess Darby's is coming for you. She is about to eliminate the narrative of not being able to create her own show with that little Steph Curry side step.

Justine is on the cusp. You can see some confidence when she putting the ball on the floor (and not turning it over). I know this game was only a cameo but that light bulb is about to go off.

Rickea is shooting around 70% from the field from the last 2 games. Honestly, I can see her shooting at something close to that for the rest of the season (unless someone brings Kryponite to the game).

The elephant in the room is giving up 76 points. The LVs great offensive game masked that shortcoming but they gave up way too many layups. Tamika called it just right in noting the team is still playing as though Key is there to guard the paint. The LVs have to do a better job keeping players in front of them.

Last edited:
Put that in your smoke and pipe it!
That’s great, we discussed this moment a few weeks back. Unfortunate for her going back home and serving a one game. Show me the one where team violations wasn’t the factor. I’ll wait.

DePaul homecoming game for rules violation? Yes, now show me the game where team rules violation wasn’t the factor.

DePaul homecoming game for rules violation? Yes, now show me the game where team rules violation wasn’t the factor.

I will give you credit for not disappearing after a big win, like some other "fans" who post here (and who are once again noticeably absent during the happy times). However, every signal over that last few games is that Coach Kellie and LV legend-in-the-making Rickea Jackson have reached a mutual understanding and all is honky dory on the team. So, again, why keep pounding this old news drum in the context of the LVs being off to a 2-0 SEC start? (And Rickea averaging 25 pts a game in SEC play) Live in the moment, stop and smell the roses.

Watch press on youtube kellie said team looking for tess more. said tess lets superstars be superstars. kellie on rickea she rebounding and passing good. she says when jackson plays like that shes hand full for other team. horston kellie talked about her playmaking asts on passing to other teamates . watch interview kellie,jackson,horston they look to me things are headed in the right path. whole team looked happy during game. mudcat third person voice team is sharing the basketball parts are starting to come together

Didn't you say NEVER came off the bench? Cool... thought so! Moving the goal post isn't a good way to say you were wrong lol... thanks for the laughs and hope you truly enjoyed the LV win today I know us lady vol fans did 😀

Enjoy your evening 👋🏽

Didn't you say NEVER came off the bench? Cool... thought so! Moving the goal post isn't a good way to say you were wrong lol... thanks for the laughs and hope you truly enjoyed the LV win today I know us lady vol fans did 😀
Touché if we are being technical. Then you are correct.

VN Store

Back