East Tennessee Weather II

no matter how strong the system, the plateau will halt the cold coming through. That’s what occurred last night along with dry air moving in.

Ground is lightly covered in spots here in Greeneville area. Local power company announced rolling blackouts ordered by TVA.

Massive L for TVA here. I'm seeing people saying they're going to use more power just out of spite now.

You don't brag about having the power then turnaround and do rolling blackouts

Something had to happen. No way you flex and then take that big L.

Something had to happen. No way you flex and then take that big L.

I wonder if whoever runs their social media account will be out of a job after this. One of the bigger Ls of recent memory for a company.

Wouldn't be bad if they hadn't flexed a few hours before.

I wonder if whoever runs their social media account will be out of a job after this. One of the bigger Ls of recent memory for a company.

Wouldn't be bad if they hadn't flexed a few hours before.
No doubt there was a lapse in communication at some point.

A somewhat rare phenomena for our area is occurring. The air has moistened some, and at 91 percent humidity the bitter cold air is squeezing out the moisture in the form of small, frozen mist flakes.

Reactions: davethevol
So power at my house seems like it’s gonna be cut off 30 mins at a time every 2.5 hours. 2022 y’all lol
Ours was cut off twice for about 15 minutes each time despite KUB saying they were done yesterday. We are heading in the direction of a third world country.

Ours was cut off twice for about 15 minutes each time despite KUB saying they were done yesterday. We are heading in the direction of a third world country.
My husband’s company works with TVA and they pretty much told everyone to lessen consumption and they would stop blackouts.. too much pull on the grid and natural gas (one source of power) is trading high and the ETNG doesn’t want to buy it too high of a price to pass onto customers because they know they won’t pay their 700 dollar bills and they will go bankrupt lol.. sign of things to come.. I hear about this stuff on the daily lol

Reactions: davethevol
My husband’s company works with TVA and they pretty much told everyone to lessen consumption and they would stop blackouts.. too much pull on the grid and natural gas (one source of power) is trading high and the ETNG doesn’t want to buy it too high of a price to pass onto customers because they know they won’t pay their 700 dollar bills and they will go bankrupt lol.. sign of things to come.. I hear about this stuff on the daily lol
The funniest thing is that this happened to Texas a few years ago when they tried to be reliant on windmill power.. my husband says it is not reliable source and would not generate enough power for one city much less the entire state

The funniest thing is that this happened to Texas a few years ago when they tried to be reliant on windmill power.. my husband says it is not reliable source and would not generate enough power for one city much less the entire state
This weather is exactly why we still need coal plants.

VN Store

Back