Game Thread - Tennessee Lady Vols vs #2 Shady Trees & Referees

Easy, GT, you're going to blow a gasket getting all worked up. We can hear the steam coming out of your ears.

It won't be long until we see the girl with the flying ponytail join the mad bomber brigade and counter big post presence the way teams did to us when TK was our defensive anchor.

Did you see Justine fighting over a screen to stay in front of her player? She's learning to use those long legs to step around screens. And Stanford does it as well as anybody. All the girl could have done would have been to shove her in the back or try to hip check her.

Getting PT is going to reap dividends later this season.

Easy, GT, you're going to blow a gasket getting all worked up. We can hear the steam coming out of your ears.

It won't be long until we see the girl with the flying ponytail join the mad bomber brigade and counter big post presence the way teams did to us when TK was our defensive anchor.

Did you see Justine fighting over a screen to stay in front of her player? She's learning to use those long legs to step around screens. And Stanford does it as well as anybody. All the girl could have done would have been to shove her in the back or try to hip check her.

Getting PT is going to reap dividends later this season.

I know, this game just really perturbed me....It was there for the taking and to watch the refs just rob us was just too much....

I had made the comment earlier in the game thread the refs were "playing favorites" and winning would be extra difficult...That's the sanitized version anyways...

You could see the look of defeat creeping over our girls' faces....They knew they were helpless against Stanford and the refs too....It eventually affected their shooting and total game effort.....

As soon as we got ahead the whistles just kept going off until the tree was ahead...And to make sure they stayed ahead, even more whistles against us, while a heavenly light shone upon Brinks skinny butt....

I would never go back there, even if their team was made up of little people...It is a guaranteed loss....

airplane-sniffing.gif

Prior to this game, we were ranked #18 by Her Hoop Stats. Now, we are ranked #15 by Her Hoop Stats.

Also we have only lost one game that Her Hoop predicted that we would win, and that was UCLA. I didn't get to watch that game so not sure how that happened like it did.

Last edited:
Asking in non biased fashion.... with stanford block on Rickea..... RJ was doing her share of woofing..... would you give it a double technical?

Reactions: Raebo
Asking in non biased fashion.... with stanford block on Rickea..... RJ was doing her share of woofing..... would you give it a double technical?
All RJ did was say a few words after brink said something and stared her down. The technical should have went to Brink and Brink only. Taunting is supposed to be buckled down on this year.

All RJ did was say a few words after brink said something and stared her down. The technical should have went to Brink and Brink only. Taunting is supposed to be buckled down on this year.
Not sure who said what first and that matters. Watching it live I thought RJ said something first.. Maybe not but what does the replay show?

Last edited:
I don't care if the refs it tight or let them play physical just call it the same on both ends of the floor. I always liked a physical game . It was an equalizer for me. I do think the game plan was to try and foul Brink out of the game in the second half and from what I saw she would have had about 6 fouls in the second half alone but the refs protected her. When Kelly saw that they were not going to blow the whistle she should have spread the floor with our 3 point shooters and made Brink a non factor. She went to that late in the game but it was to late. I do believe Kelly is going to have to get T'ed up and let the refs know she is not going to stand for one sided officiating. It would also send a message to the team that she has their back and sees what is going on.
Kellie needs a signature stare like Pat Summitt. That cold icy blue look.29-Y-JP-SUMMITT-1-jumbo.jpg

Last edited:
Not sure who said what first and that matters. Watching live I thought RJ said something first.. Maybe not but it definitely was not as you described it. It is ok for us to be biased but that changes our perceptions not the facts.
the facts are brink should have been given a technical. no ifs, ands, or buts about it. brink was a punk the whole game. brink is one of my favorite players that don’t wear orange, but she acted like she’s never blocked a shot before the entire game. i can guarantee if the roles were reversed, jackson would have been given one.

What I saw was RJ possibly mutter something under her breathe, like "Dang she just fouled me!", possibly not even directed at Brink. Then Brink immediately went full in the RJ face with a clear taunt. Which RJ wisely did not react to.

I want to see RJ look happy again.

What I saw was RJ possibly mutter something under her breathe, like "Dang she just fouled me!", possibly not even directed at Brink. Then Brink immediately went full in the RJ face with a clear taunt. Which RJ wisely did not react to.

I want to see RJ look happy again.

BS
Brinks family encited her and she stared down RJ and spoke first
B
S

even the announcer says,,,"jackson said something back"

Last edited:
Yeah.... and going back to my reffing days that is the way i probably would have called it..... but to be faor RJ was doing at least as much woofing as Brink..... just the way i saw it.

Reactions: Raebo
LOL yes I saw that. Shame on them.

Shame on Lobo, who I generally like and defend, for saying "Block a Fool!" after an LV got blocked. I couldn't believe she said that. After commercial break, when someone got in her ear, she cleared it right up. By blaming her kids. Easily as classless as Brink.

I have no idea how she got that job

No one has said they want to leave. Don’t come on here trying to stir the pot.
Look Lucy, I have been a fan over 30 years and have gone to several games. No one is stirring the pot. I don't why you think that fans can not be critical of the lady vols and coaching staff. That game was ridiculous coaching decisions. This is my opinion and just like anyone else i am entitled to it. So take several sits.

Word is it’s practice related. Like Kea is not giving full effort in practice. Do you think Kellie should just crap all over the rest of the players who ARE giving maximum effort? Or could you somehow see that when a coaching staff has a standard in which “players earn game minutes in practice” that the standard should apply to everyone?
I mean how long should you punish someone. I mean I am sure whatever Jackson did the two games was punishment enough. You made your statement now build her back up. By showing confidence in her. It looks personal to me.

Kellie needs a signature stare like Pat Summitt. That cold icy blue look.View attachment 525431
At some point in a game when her players are getting thrown around like rag dolls she needs to go off on the refs. She will get T'ed up but the refs will know she not going to stand for it. It will become a mutual understanding between her and the refs. Ask me how I know. I have watched Pat get a few technicals over the years. Then it got to where she only had to give them the stare like you see here.

Yeah.... and going back to my reffing days that is the way i probably would have called it..... but to be faor RJ was doing at least as much woofing as Brink..... just the way i saw it.
yeah well if a girl gets in my face and says something smart and then stared me down i’d prolly say something back too. RJ was smart about it. said her words and left. Brink was acting crazy all night tbh

I mean how long should you punish someone. I mean I am sure whatever Jackson did the two games was punishment enough. You made your statement now build her back up. By showing confidence in her. It looks personal to me.
I agree the statement has been sent. It is time to start winning games and RJ is an integral part to a successful season. It is time for RJ and Jordan H to take this team to the next level. GBO.

VN Store

Back