Game Thread - Tennessee Lady Vols vs #2 Shady Trees & Referees

For me it goes back to coaching. Kellie has to send a message and let her know she won’t see the floor it she over penetrates. Unfortunately it’s been a habit since she put on the LV uniform - and it realllyyy hurts the team in games that matter.
And what’s crazy is, she has a nice pull up jumper in the paint. She normally hits it when she uses it.

Reactions: ttharp
Rickea needs to start and play big minutes next game, otherwise we need answers.

She also needs to rebound to 0 in this game ? A lot of big time players around the country can score and rebound so she needs to do the same thing. Also it`s time for KJH to challenge 6-5 Hollingshead to make her present felt on the court.

Last edited:
What I am really having trouble understanding is that Jackson got hot in scoring in 4 straight possessions in the 3rd quarter and was primarily responsible for the 58-50 lead in 3rd quarter and Coach takes her out with a little over 1 minute left .From then on it was all down hill for the green trees.

Yep, other teams never have to stop our momentum. Kellie will do it for them.

Like I kept saying during the game. The quickest way to the bench is to score a bunch of points. Do like Walker or Powell and get the ball shoved down your throat taking shots you have no business taking and you are fine. Nary a discouraging word is spoken. But if you drain a couple of threes you might as well go grab a towel because you are coming out.

Reactions: alexvol and Bsport
I disagree. I was really frustrated by the product on the floor in November and I was definitely questioning the coaching staff, but the team has made huge strides since then, with much better ball (and off the ball) movement (not to mention that we've recruited better shooters into the program), and the defense has improved significantly in the last few weeks. And just look at our turnovers! 9, 6, and now only 5(!!!) in the last 3 games. Unheard of.

It's tough that we're this deep into the season without a signature win, but if the team keeps putting in the work and improving at this rate, I think they can still do big things in March.
You have to actually qualify for March Madness before you can do something in it, though. Playing a tough schedule doesn’t help you if you lose all the tough games.

Yep, other teams never have to stop our momentum. Kellie will do it for them.

Like I kept saying during the game. The quickest way to the bench is to score a bunch of points. Do like Walker or Powell and get the ball shoved down your throat taking shots you have no business taking and you are fine. Nary a discouraging word is spoken. But if you drain a couple of threes you might as well go grab a towel because you are coming out.
It happened to Puckett too.

What I am really having trouble understanding is that Jackson got hot in scoring in 4 straight possessions in the 3rd quarter and was primarily responsible for the 58-50 lead in 3rd quarter and Coach takes her out with a little over 1 minute left .From then on it was all down hill for the green trees.

Another disastrous quarter ...4th this time.Stanfords offensive boards won the game with the refs help....really disappointing .Kellie looks like she has lost 10 pounds in the last several weeks....to me this loss is as much on her as anyone....again poor substitution patterns.Whatever she has against Jackson she should put behind her and start playing the most talented players on the team together and when they get out to a good lead do not start random subs.It has killed the LV's in every game that they have lost to good teams.Either play Jackson or cut her .
Recent game substitutions were made and Kellie was no where near the bench. Who made the substitutions? Maybe she is getting too much feedback.

Came down to the free throw line and the two points we gave them. Both teams made 27 field goals today. They made one more three than we did and 6 more free throws. We got pounded on the boards but they have outrebounded everybody they have played this season. If you can hold them to one shot you can beat them hard to do.

And the player she is guarding scores . Attitude, no defense, no assists.

Kellie broke her when she kept her in the doghouse after the Vandy game where Rickea filled the stat sheet and played good defense. Now she doesn't know what the hell she is supposed to do. Her reward was being benched for an entire half in the next game.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
I give big credit to entire team, if Jackson had played like 35mts things would've changed. I don't kn the reason but Kellie shouldn't be benching her in big games. We've lost 2 big games Virginia tech & standard because of Jackson issue. Lawd .. what a great game

Reactions: Volfaninfl2

VN Store

Back