Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
December 18, 1965.......................

default.jpg
default.jpg

Imagine time traveling to February 2021

"In Y2 we'll have THE #1 offense in the country, we'll be #1 during the season, beat Bama and Florida, the defending ACC champs, and absolutely skulldrag LSU and UK (Mizzou and Vandy as well...). NY6 bowl with Clemson. We'll also have a Biletnikoff winner, a consensus All-American, SEC Offensive PoTY, and be one unlucky injury short of a Heisman.

Then we'll land a top-3 nationally ranked QB and a top 10 class with a good majority of the talent coming on the defense as well"

View attachment 524167

View attachment 524166
Great post. I would say year two has been fairly successfully. 2022 has been a crazy good year for Tennessee sports . All the things that you posted about the football team are mind blowing. Then add the success of the basketball and baseball teams and it’s hard not to to smile every day.

Why? I haven't seen anything that's got me like "wow, that's awesome and I've never seen that before"
The biggest thing I notice, their cuts and replays are solid. A lot of times when when ESPN shows soccer they are terrible with replays and you miss a lot of action, or they cant keep up with the ball and the cameras are always chasing the play.

The biggest thing I notice, their cuts and replays are solid. A lot of times when when ESPN shows soccer they are terrible with replays and you miss a lot of action, or they cant keep up with the ball and the cameras are always chasing the play.
Ok.. So compared to ESPN soccer coverage.. Fine... But ALL US sports coverage? A tad dramatic.

Reactions: mr.checkerboards
I really liked what I saw from our team. Phillips had a bad night but other guys stepped up. I thought the block he had would get him going, but it just wasn’t his night. Tyreke Key stepped up and brought the energy when we needed it. Awaka will get there too—he’s filling a niche on this team but needs more time to get all the way there.
We were stretching the defense but just couldn’t couple that with drives. Part of that was 3 charge calls in the 1st half.
This team has a ton to build on and will keep getting better as the season goes.

ON was big on offense and ZZ balled out. Uros would have been huge had he played smarter. He at least earned all his fouls (except the T)

Reactions: drvenner
ON was big on offense and ZZ balled out. Uros would have been huge had he played smarter. He at least earned all his fouls (except the T)

Yeah, ON did this last year too…it’s like he needs several games to start feeling it. He has been just a split second too slow to make decisions, but it seemed like he was feeling it last night. We lost, but there were a lot of good signs for the season. Just couldn't overcome the FT deficit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back