‘23 TN LB Arion Carter (Tennessee)

Saban should just count his lucky stars that he joined Alabama during the only period of time where the University of Tennessee's football program was irrelevant.

We have immediately taken them down a peg now that we are back, from Nico, beating them on the field to Arion Carter.

MAN does it warm my heart!
Don’t forget Hobbs…legit beat them for him too

What a massive recruiting win on Wednesday for the Vols. Arion Carter became a hot commodity this fall and Josh Heupel pinpointed him and how important he was to the class. He spent a lot of time on the phone with Carter and the Vols overcame a childhood love affair with Alabama to beat out the Tide for his services. Nick Saban pushed hard in the final week and clearly loved what Carter brings to the table. It was more than just Heupel thought as Brian Jean Mary, Willie Martinez and members of the current team and class were impressive to Carter. Now he is in town and will begin practice later today.

Tennessee has been able to get multiple recruiting wins this cycle against Alabama, Georgia, Texas, Ohio State and other premier programs. It’s why we think so highly of the recruiting class because of who they have beat out for several of the key commitments.
-VQ

I highly recommend watching this for any who haven’t already. I’m blown away by Arion’s confidence and maturity at his age. Wouldn’t be surprised at all if he steps in as a freshman, much like Henry T, as a leader on this defense.

All 3 of our incoming LBs are impressive. Carter looks to be the most athletic of the 3, but it wouldn't surprise me to see any or all of them get a lot of snaps.

The David Palmer game and Casey in Tuscaloosa are 2 that have always stayed with me. This year’s game will as well. It was awesome.
Everyone knew that the Double Deuce was going to run outside on that 2 point conversion. EVERYONE except our defense and coaches.
That game was a total kick in the nuts.

Last edited:
Very glad he chose us. Seems like a nice young man. I’m sure it was hard for a kid his age to be a Vol fan, considering our record the past 12+ years. Especially seeing other teams doing well and all their local bandwagon fan boasting. I hope he’s happy with his choice and becomes a VFL.

It didn’t suck imo. Palmer converted the 2 pt conversion to tie. Tennessee snapped a 7 game losing streak.

I’ll never forget it.
Did you go to the game? That was one of the worst games I have ever endured…. Thought we had it won then Alabama drives and scores on an obvious two point conversion attempt…. We got made fun of by every Alabama fan that was there as we were leaving…. Thought I was going to have to fight my way out of there… such a huge kick to the nuts!

Everyone knew that the Deuce was going to run outside on that 2 point conversion. EVERYONE except our defense and coaches.
That game was a total kick in the nuts.
Did you go to the game? That was one of the worst games I have ever endured…. Thought we had it won then Alabama drives and scores on an obvious two point conversion attempt…. We got made fun of by every Alabama fan that was there as we were leaving…. Thought I was going to have to fight my way out of there… such a huge kick to the nuts!
I said it was a game that has always stayed with me… unforgettable

All 3 of our incoming LBs are impressive. Carter looks to be the most athletic of the 3, but it wouldn't surprise me to see any or all of them get a lot of snaps.

Telander is a dude that just keeps getting better. I think he plays with the most intensity. Wide shoulder kid that has the best instincts i have ever seen from a LB

Smith plays very smooth but also 100 mph.
He bends well on blitz and is always pressuring the backfield. Again...good instincts

Carter is like a rocket that has a damn guidance system. He doesn't just run fast. He hits dead center and explodes through the ball carrier.

I'm glad Beasley and Mitchell are here for one more year, but i personally think 2023 will have no drop off from that position

I highly recommend watching this for any who haven’t already. I’m blown away by Arion’s confidence and maturity at his age. Wouldn’t be surprised at all if he steps in as a freshman, much like Henry T, as a leader on this defense.

I really like this kids demeanor. I think he's gonna be a good one. And sooner rather than later too.

Last edited:
Reactions: KptVFL

VN Store

Back