‘23 TN LB Arion Carter (Tennessee)

Kids are buying the vision. What some people are missing is that this is a top 10 class, but it's nearly all defense. We have a few bona-fide studs on offense, but the defense has playmakers at every level. It's crazy to have a class that you could realistically see 10-11 starters on defense in a single class. GBO🍊🍊🍊

Agree. I said as much at the end of last year...we need a few more on offense, but have to focus on defense in recruiting. Because we saw early on what CJH could do with "mid level" talent on offense. I think we caught people off guard little last year and they definitely didn't see this year coming if they were outside the program. I love this defensive class.

giphy.gif

B 🟠 🟠 M!! 💥💥💥💥💥💥

My wife's been very sick, she just got home from hospital. Being there for her and a full time job has been exhausting.
But this news has made my day. Lol Carter told Bama not to come in and the write up stating how he makes a good defensive class,elite. Has absolutely rejuvenated me.
Im so thankful for this team, coaches , and even this board. VFL 👶

Late-rising linebacker Arion Carter has committed to Tennessee, giving them a giant momentum swing right before the early signing period. Carter was labeled as an Alabama lean since getting an offer from the Tide, but Josh Heupel and the Volunteers were able to swing momentum in their favor and land the four-star linebacker.

Earlier in the year, Arion Carter was committed to Memphis as a running back. After sending out his linebacker film, however, he started to pick up a significant amount of interest, including from some of the top teams in college football. He was able to visit Tennessee, Alabama, Ohio State, and Auburn while also receiving serious interest from USC.

He had success on the field this past season as a senior, including recently winning TSSAA 6A Mr. Football. In his senior season, he put up 1,184 yards and 19 touchdowns as a running back and 92 tackles as a linebacker.

Carter had a lot of positive things to say to Mike Farrell Sports following his visit to Knoxville for the Volunteers' matchup with the Florida Gators.

"The visit was amazing. The atmosphere was phenomenal. Their fanbase is like no other I have seen before. I really like their staff. Coach (Josh) Heupel is a really cool guy, and he is building something there."

This pickup is a big-time in-state addition for Tennessee. Carter joins Jalen Smith and Jeremiah Telander in an underrated group of linebacker commits for the Vols. The Vols will lose Jeremy Banks and potentially Juwan Mitchell from the linebacker room this offseason, leaving an opportunity for the young linebacker core of Carter, Smith, Telander, Elijah Herring, and Kalib Perry, opportunities to get on the field in the 2023 season. Picking up a linebacker through the transfer portal is also an option for the Vols' staff.

Carter plans to study to become a surgeon in school while playing football.

"I'm just living the dream that I have always dreamed about. I want to be an orthopedic surgeon after football. I want to be able to impact people and be close to the sport.

- Shayne Pickering

Absolutely correct. Just look at the 4* and 5* in the portal transferring from Alabama. NIL deals and xfer portals mean these kids aren't going to wait in line at Bama for two or three years behind other 5*s waiting their turn. It's no longer advantageous. The NIL, as much as I don't like what it's become so quickly, means school's like Tennessee, et al that have a lot of money can play the same game now. Shows how much Bama has gotten away with the old McDonald's bag trick for decades.
Truth

Reactions: GameTime

VN Store

Back