South Carolina Fans Plan To

Wouldn't it be something if this were a Vol fan using this as a way to fund his/her orange bowl trip?

Unfortunately I don't think you can start a Go Fund Me under false pretenses--if the fund is to fly a banner over the NY6 bowl that we are in and that South Carolina is not because we had a better season than them, then that is what the fund needs to be used for.

Reactions: 87&91ALUM
So they’re wanting them to fly the banner from 230p - 530p & the game is at 8p … uhhhh…. Just to assure that both teams completely destroy sc next year???

When I first heard about it, I thought they were going to be flying a banner around in the dark.

That truly seems like something Carolina would do.

Instead, they are flying around a totally empty stadium six hours before kickoff. Quite the plan.

Reactions: Volbrando
Wow. All of this over two schools that, one kind of becoming a has-been and the other used to be a has-been that is returning to form? I get they beat both teams but you would think they won their conference with how they are crowing. Didn't even make the top 4...

Reactions: Jax_Vol
This is what it looks like when one fan base feels inferior to another.
We’ve been guilty of this behavior in the past towards Bama.
Fortunately we’ve been superior to everyone in the past and now have reason to believe it’s possible again.

This is all they have to hope for. The occasional upset win

Awww …Aren’t they cute? Also, I don’t think you can do that lol.. could be wrong
You are correct. The FAA and TSA have a rule that prohibits flying aircraft over a large "open air assembly of persons." This came to into effect after 9-11. Large open air assembly of persons is considered 30,000 seating capacity. (Vandy barely qualifies :cool: ) . The restricted area is designated as a TFR (Temporary Flight Restriction). Waivers are usually granted to Military Flight Demonstrations, Helicopter EMS operations, etc. https://tfmlearning.faa.gov/publications/atpubs/fac/1907.html

Reactions: LadyVolette
When I first heard about it, I thought they were going to be flying a banner around in the dark.

That truly seems like something Carolina would do.

Instead, they are flying around a totally empty stadium six hours before kickoff. Quite the plan.
Did Shane Beamer himself devise this stupidity… it is in his level….

Don’t care what they pay to fly above the Orange Bowl. If they wanted to play in a better bowl they should’ve won more games earlier in the season. This is about as pathetic as Saban pleading his case on ESPN to get into the CFP with 2 losses.

Reactions: BowlBrother85
I've said it before ... it merits repeating.

"The best indication that new found success won't be sustained, is when the people involved react surprised to have found success at all."

South Carolina fans and their coach seem very impressed with their 8-4 season. They no longer care that they lost at home to Missouri and only scored 6 points against one of the worst defenses that Florida has ever had. It will be back to 6-6 for them next year.

Last edited:
Reactions: Orangeslice13
What? Do they now want Heupel to score 100 on them next fall in Knoxville instead of stopping at 80? Whatever

Flying over 100,000 people want be allowed,....stupid to even post this
This. There will be a TFR radius around the stadium (off top my head can’t remember the mile radius).
Have to get an ATC clearance to take off out of Downtown island on gamedays in Knoxville too for the same reason

Reactions: Mccage

VN Store

Back