‘23 GA TE Ethan Davis (Tennessee commit)

Why do you say that? If Warren doesn’t return, Davis is our only TE barring a portal acquisition. I know he was hurt, but he’ll be healed in time for spring practice.
This staff has a history of not playing young TEs. And with the lack of numbers, we are forced to go to the portal to add numbers there which means we will have a vet ahead of him. Or two

Why do you say that? If Warren doesn’t return, Davis is our only TE barring a portal acquisition. I know he was hurt, but he’ll be healed in time for spring practice.
As it stands, he might be the only scholarship TE next year. We have Salmon, Rohrer, and Browder but I don't think any of them are on scholarship. Could be wrong. Certainly have to add a transfer or two.

Doubt he starts.
Needs to get beat up in practice and learn to strain. Needs strength and time to learn all the MANY responsibilities we use our TEs for.

Even our transfer guys will have it tough at first. Still expect him to play in the pass game this season eventually..

TE is really a super versatile and a utility knife, in CJH’s offense. You have to know blocking schemes, be able to pass and run block, but also be able to carry the football and catch passes.
Warren never ran and was hardly ever a lead blocker. Edge blocker yes.

But Fant had played RB in spring and summer for Pruitt prior.

Jus bill diffrnt

Warren never ran and was hardly ever a lead blocker. Edge blocker yes.

But Fant had played RB in spring and summer for Pruitt prior.

Jus bill diffrnt
You aren’t getting it. I’m not comparing one TE to another on our roster. I’m saying that in the offense, CJH would prefer a TE that can do these things because it opens up a lot more.
My point is. it’s hard to be a starting TE as a freshman in CJH’s offense.

You aren’t getting it. I’m not comparing one TE to another on our roster. I’m saying that in the offense, CJH would prefer a TE that can do these things because it opens up a lot more.

CJH used Fant as a runner because we didn't have a bigger back on the roster, not because he wants his TE to get a lot of carries. He doesn't have a history of doing that before here. That speaks more to CJH's adaptability and creativity with a limited roster moreso than his desire to have the TE get carries. I bet you don't see many carries from the TE going forward.

I think most agree that Davis won't be a starter. The real debate is about him being in the rotation as a true freshman. I think there WAS a good possibility, if not for the injury. With a torn labrum surgery, it's a question of how long it takes to get back full flexibly, full range of motion, and strength. He undoubtedly lost strength while immobile and doing rehab. Rate off recovery can be very different for different people. Full recovery is also very different for what you're position requires you to do, and at what level.

I already said as much, bro.

You described it as if those attributes were required for EVERY TE.

And that's not the case...

CJH used Fant as a runner because we didn't have a bigger back on the roster, not because he wants his TE to get a lot of carries. He doesn't have a history of doing that before here. That speaks more to CJH's adaptability and creativity with a limited roster moreso than his desire to have the TE get carries. I bet you don't see many carries from the TE going forward.
If you think what you have seen the entire offense of CJH, you are mistaken. There is a whole series of plays that really puts the SS, and Mike in conflict. Im sure CJH has put his flair and creativity into the plays as well.
The Hyatt sneak out of the backfield play for a TD is something that would be done more with a great TE.

VN Store

Back