Aviation Discussion

Fly. We are working to arrange an event in TN next season....would be great to have some VNers come out to fly with us.

Would be really neat to somehow coordinate something in Knoxville and have you all out to the flight facility. Exchange rides for you guys in a 60 and us in the Huey haha.

Reactions: VOL_Lyfe
The lady in my area figured out how to dial her daughter’s sector using the VSCS and actually reached her while training. Moms being moms, but I guarantee the girl will hear about that for awhile.

@ATC_VOL

Reactions: ATC_VOL
The lady in my area figured out how to dial her daughter’s sector using the VSCS and actually reached her while training. Moms being moms, but I guarantee the girl will hear about that for awhile.

@ATC_VOL
Haha that’s funny. Yeah there’s a way to do to that. We actually have it listed on sector how to call like that, but most people don’t know how to.

You can call an outside line as well.

Would be really neat to somehow coordinate something in Knoxville and have you all out to the flight facility. Exchange rides for you guys in a 60 and us in the Huey haha.

Spent plenty of time in the 60, but would enjoy the current model...
Never flew the Mike model

I just don't understand the fascination with the tilt-rotor. Sure the top end speed is better and probably lift capacity but for doing a lot of the tasks that the Black Hawk does it seems a bit unwieldy.

Seems like you will need larger improvised LZs because the wings+rotors.

I’m a huge bell fanboy, but am skeptical of how it will end up working out. I love their design on the FARA aircraft, though.

Reactions: VOL_Lyfe
Today was the day. First checkride was during a red session, no less. I was talking to twice as many airplanes at one time during that checkride than I talked to for an entire hour during the second one today. Would love to cap off the special day with a Vols win in the Orange Bowl.

@ATC_VOL

Any chance you were working this morning when all the PICOs and CHILLs came through? Entered my sector all separately and I had the supervisor page back someone to help me out haha. Think it was 6 different refueling clearances. Dudes wouldn’t declare MARSA with each other. Non-RVSM, so cranking and climbing people everywhere. A couple of them used the entire dang sector to maneuver for the join up. Biggest headache I’ve dealt with yet haha.

Reactions: ATC_VOL
@ATC_VOL

Any chance you were working this morning when all the PICOs and CHILLs came through? Entered my sector all separately and I had the supervisor page back someone to help me out haha. Think it was 6 different refueling clearances. Dudes wouldn’t declare MARSA with each other. Non-RVSM, so cranking and climbing people everywhere. A couple of them used the entire dang sector to maneuver for the join up. Biggest headache I’ve dealt with yet haha.
That doesn’t sound fun at all. No, I wasn’t there, have an evening shift tonight.

VN Store

Back