Time to Pay up

Tigervol

With the latest addition of Hugh Freeze to the SEC, Heupel is way under paid for what he has done in 2 short years. We are no longer hoping or thinking maybe he can bring us back to top 10 football and the opportunity to compete with the elite, he has done it. I think he should be around the $7m/year mark and room to grow once he can get us in the final 4 and SEC championship(s). What does VN think is a number to keep away the "hawks" from swooping in to grab him away?

College Football Coaching Salaries: SEC

Earn this...is what I say.
Lets make sure we don't go 7-5 next year 1st.
No 10 year contracts.
4 max.
This kind of thinking and bs is exactly what will put us back in the basement of the SEC and it will be because we refuse to pay those that gave us more than anyone could have imagined this year. You all want results but don’t want to pay market value. All of you are all so worried and scarred by the past administrations and decisions that it has many in our fan base truly disconnected from what is going on. Heupel is paid 11th in the sec not the country the damn conference 11 out of 14th and he is one of the top five coaches and that’s not In question in imo. Pay him top five money or be prepared once he’s poached and we get exactly the cellar seat we deserve period.

When we go 7-5 or 5-7 next year and Josh the Hoopla is sitting on a 90 million dollar contract for 10 years it will look brilliant.
Of course had we beaten SC i would think differently.

I'm clearly scarred because all I think about is the buyouts we've paid when the give him a raise crowd comes out
I totally get the concern, but I think we've got "the guy" and we need to keep him.

I'm the last guy anyone would call a coach worshiper. I've been called a nega for years for thinking Dooley/Butch/Pruitt we're jokes. I was also underwhelmed with the JH hire as well, but he's certainly proven me wrong.

Pruitt's best season included losses to Ga St and BYU. Butch was 2-2 against Vandy. Dooley....don't even get me started.

Of course JH hasn't been perfect, but he's done the best coaching we've seen since a young Fulmer and I think we should and will lock him down.

Unlike past ADs, I think Danny will hold his coaches accountable but and will also provide the bucks to support them.

With the latest addition of Hugh Freeze to the SEC, Heupel is way under paid for what he has done in 2 short years. We are no longer hoping or thinking maybe he can bring us back to top 10 football and the opportunity to compete with the elite, he has done it. I think he should be around the $7m/year mark and room to grow once he can get us in the final 4 and SEC championship(s). What does VN think is a number to keep away the "hawks" from swooping in to grab him away?

College Football Coaching Salaries: SEC
Yes, Pay the man. They'll probably wait until after the bowl game but I'm sure Danny White has already assured Heupel he'll be taken care of.

No 10 year contracts.
4 max.
This or change the buyout game. Jimbo should be a lesson to all of us. Pay CJH, but don't give away the farm on year 2 (which had a hard reality check at the end to boot)

When we go 7-5 or 5-7 next year and Josh the Hoopla is sitting on a 90 million dollar contract for 10 years it will look brilliant.
Of course had we beaten SC i would think differently.

Too bad that’s not gonna happen. We’re gonna get double digit wins once again.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
All I know is JH is the best coach we have had in as long as I can remember. He has done more with less than any coach at UT in my lifetime. If we let some other schools steal him away over money, we deserve to lose him. Pay the man. He has shown what he can do.

No 10 year contracts.
4 max.

I agree with no 10 year contracts, but I don’t think an 8-4 or even 7-5 season next year would be surprising or even unacceptable. We’re coming off a season with some of the best performances of the last 20 years with a Heisman candidate under center (and one that could have been considered at WR, as well). I don’t think a “bridge year” is going to be surprising, but I definitely think Heupel deserves a substantial pay raise—he needs to know that we’re committed to him for bigger money so he doesn’t have to worry about what, I feel, is going to be a regression next year.

No Jimbo Fisher insane contracts, but pay the man what he's worth & the staff too.
There's a wide range from the $6M and 6? more years Heupel has to the insanity of Fisher's, I've no idea, but I recall it will still be $76M to get rid of him after next year.

No one is suggesting Heupel get a $100M contract. If they are, they are nuts. Paying the man less than Stoops is an insult. Not giving him the money to go after the assistants he wants is dumb for our future.

Coaching is always like stocks: Past performance is no guarantee of future results...... but not buying in when you have a chance is a good way to miss a good thing.

There's a wide range from the $6M and 6? more years Heupel has to the insanity of Fisher's, I've no idea, but I recall it will still be $76M to get rid of him after next year.

No one is suggesting Heupel get a $100M contract. If they are, they are nuts. Paying the man less than Stoops is an insult. Not giving him the money to go after the assistants he wants is dumb for our future.

Coaching is always like stocks: Past performance is no guarantee of future results...... but not buying in when you have a chance is a good way to miss a good thing.
Paying him less than Stoops is definitely not an insult. Stoops is making top 10 money. We don’t need to make decisions based on what terrible programs are doing.

Saban was signed to an 8 year 32 million dollar deal in 2007.
5 million a year minus incentives.
Inflation would make that initial contract today an 56 million dollar contract.
Is JH Saban material for 8 years?

Reactions: DMichel123

VN Store

Back