CFP Committee 5 Criteria - time for Danny to do what Danny does

So by the committee's definition in pursuit of ranking accuracy, the absence of 1 key player leaves 10 common players on the field. The committee is subjectively saying 10 common players are less important than the 1 key player. I thought football was a team sport played by 11 individuals. Guess we should have put HH out there by himself against AL. Committee is a corrupt joke.
I cant speak to how they decide, I think we should have been in front of Alabama as well as most people on here, they say they use all the info available to make their decision, I suppose a team who lost their star quarterback would be a lesser opponent than they would have been had he not gotten hurt, its a hypothetical scenario tho, I am very happy that next year we will be going to a larger playoff so the games will play out on the field instead of in a conference room.

There will be less disagreement when the football field expands, which needs to happen. It’d be much better IMO if they did 8 or 16 teams and left the bye out of it.

A big difference in arguing over the 68th team versus the 4th.

Matchups in the 12 team will definitely cause a lot of fans angst.. just wait... Rankings will still factor who gets against one another..

why would u need a committee when you have a CRITERIA? unless you're trying to showcase some kind of favoritism as seen with bama over TN

The criteria is subjective. If you are just looking at the list of 4 things most people are seeing, you are missing on a lot of other things that they factor into their thinking. I linked the CFP site in this thread and would suggest people go through every link and see the various things that come into play in the decision making..

Even the 4 items, are not given any weights to produce a numeric that says here are the top 10 teams in order. its just based on 13 people's opinions since nothing has values..

Tell us why Bama deserves to be ranked ahead of tenn, based on the committee's standards.
moron,nowhere under the credentials does it say to judge a team based on how much a teams loses by. No one looks at the points tn scored, 1st overall

Matchups in the 12 team will definitely cause a lot of fans angst.. just wait... Rankings will still factor who gets against one another..

Understood. But still less angst than who gets in at 4 and who gets left out at 5.

Rules are rules! In the NFL an 9-8 team can get in the playoffs if they meet the requirements of division winner or wild card! A lot of teams with better records don’t get in because they did not meet the criteria. Some of the wildcard and lesser teams go on to play and some win the super bowl!!!!

So there’s a metric with key players out i.e. Hooker. Bryce Young and Will Anderson very well might not play if they don’t make they playoffs. We don’t deserve a sniff at the playoffs but we easily deserve a higher rank than Alabama even if I think they would beat us if we played tomorrow.

• Strength of schedule. According to SI, Tennessee #24 - Alabama #53
  • Head-to-head game results. Tennessee 52 Alabama 49
  • Results vs. teams in Top 25 rankings. Alabama 3-2 Tennessee 5-1
  • Results vs. common opponents. LSU -Bama loss/ Tennessee rout Vandy -Bama @home 55-3 UT road win 56-0
  • Conference championships. Neither team will play
After looking at things this way, this isn't even close. Why state the criteria if they are to be thrown out the window? Danny White did a great job with P/R at UCF. I think its high time he get on Dan Patrick, Colin Cowherd, SVP, any and everyone that will give him an interview and demand the CFP Committee follow it's own rules. I get the fact Hooker is hurt; however, if it were that important personnel matters would be listed as a criterion. The more I explore this, the more sickened I become. I also think banging the drum loudly about this will exert even more pressure to squash the whining from (We don't play anyone) OSU about the Rose Bowl.

Go Vols!
Check this one out…..games decided by 7 points or less….Tennessee 3-0…Bama (3-2) and could’ve loss to Texas/Texas A&M and Ole Piss. They all had a chance to win or should’ve won. No way should they be ranked ahead of us in the final BCS poll

I am continually amazed at the number of Vol fans who wholeheartedly support Tennessee getting screwed. I think it's a kind of Stockholm Syndrome due to BVS.

Herbstreit says something nasty about us? There are 5-10 fans who will defend him and say he was right.

uga fan comes on the board and disses us? 10-15 fans will lick the boots of uga and tell us how great they are and how bad we are.

SEC applies one set of criteria for us, and another for Bama, etc. 10-15 fans will defend Slive and extol the virtues of the other team and diss Tennessee.

Darnedest thing I've ever seen.

What if TCU and USC lose…, and LSU wins? Wouldn’t a win over the SEC Champ have some weight in a final vote?

We got a bunch of closet Alabama fans on this site. Simple as that.

But...but....we lost to South Carolina.....and, and.....Hooker is out......and and.........Bama is so great.....and and.........

I agree, brother. The lengths some in here go to justify Tennessee getting screwed is amazing.

I'm convinced its related to BVS. Gotta be.

We got our brains beat in by South Carolina.

We don't deserve to be ahead of Bama. Stop making excuses and own it. The team had a chance to make it in and screwed up. Period.

It really was a total display of defensive ineptitude. There’s losing and then there’s losing all credibility as a contender. That game was the latter.

We got our brains beat in by South Carolina.

We don't deserve to be ahead of Bama. Stop making excuses and own it. The team had a chance to make it in and screwed up. Period.

Actually, we do. Alabama‘s greatest accomplishment this season was losing 2 close games. They have no quality wins.

• Strength of schedule. According to SI, Tennessee #24 - Alabama #53
  • Head-to-head game results. Tennessee 52 Alabama 49
  • Results vs. teams in Top 25 rankings. Alabama 3-2 Tennessee 5-1
  • Results vs. common opponents. LSU -Bama loss/ Tennessee rout Vandy -Bama @home 55-3 UT road win 56-0
  • Conference championships. Neither team will play
After looking at things this way, this isn't even close. Why state the criteria if they are to be thrown out the window? Danny White did a great job with P/R at UCF. I think its high time he get on Dan Patrick, Colin Cowherd, SVP, any and everyone that will give him an interview and demand the CFP Committee follow it's own rules. I get the fact Hooker is hurt; however, if it were that important personnel matters would be listed as a criterion. The more I explore this, the more sickened I become. I also think banging the drum loudly about this will exert even more pressure to squash the whining from (We don't play anyone) OSU about the Rose Bowl.

Go Vols!
The margin of points for Bama losses are like 3 points vs about 30 for

The criteria is subjective. If you are just looking at the list of 4 things most people are seeing, you are missing on a lot of other things that they factor into their thinking. I linked the CFP site in this thread and would suggest people go through every link and see the various things that come into play in the decision making..

Even the 4 items, are not given any weights to produce a numeric that says here are the top 10 teams in order. its just based on 13 people's opinions since nothing has values..
The way they explained it was really cool. Vote on the top 6, 1-6 and the teams with the lowest 3 totals get the top 3 spots.
I think what is surprising is that we are clearly 2 pretty evenly matched teams when we played this year, yet some people here can’t get their heads around the fact that the committee gave bama the edge. I think we have an argument for being above bama, head-to-head win, better wins in general. And I think bama has an argument too. Not getting beat down in 2 games and not having their most important player out.

Check this one out…..games decided by 7 points or less….Tennessee 3-0…Bama (3-2) and could’ve loss to Texas/Texas A&M and Ole Piss. They all had a chance to win or should’ve won. No way should they be ranked ahead of us in the final BCS poll
Should have used blue font. BCS in looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnggggggggggggggg gone.

VN Store

Back