Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

Massey’s has LSU’s strength of schedule at 323, ours is at 4, and LSU is ranked in the AP at 11, while we’re unranked. Since this is our situation, each game has become more
imperative to win, bringing with it more pressure, and possibly nerves and confidence issues. We can still play the best schedule, but it doesn’t have to be in the very beginning. Right now, 2 of the first 3 teams we played, and lost to, are ranked in the top 5. Hope we start with some cupcakes next year.

Well you have to win to be ranked. Our fault for scheduling the way we did and then sucking it up and dropping all those games already.

Can’t blame them for not having us ranked. So far we have not beat a team that matters. We have lost to several teams we should have beaten.

Virginia Tech is a must win, would put us back on the right track to beat a ranked team.

Lose this game though and watch out…rest of the season could get really ugly. Our players have no confidence against a good team at the moment. You can see it. They look great against inferior competition but the moment they are challenged they melt down. Really need a win here to get their minds right.

Moore McNeil turning into an awesome player for Indiana. 10 points 4 rebounds and 3 assists at the half. She was going to a small college in McKenzie, Tn before Indiana came in and offered her. No offer from Tennessee same school as Tess they were teammates. Indiana leads NC at half 49 to 33.

Moore McNeil turning into an awesome player for Indiana. 10 points 4 rebounds and 3 assists at the half. She was going to a small college in McKenzie, Tn before Indiana came in and offered her. No offer from Tennessee same school as Tess they were teammates. Indiana leads NC at half 49 to 33.
Indiana, without Grace Berger, looks great.
Legitimate top 5 team.

Is it me or are there more and more things coming out like this ? What is going on with SC and LSU ? Did i miss something

Have to agree that LSU is making a move top five freshman class and many of the players they have will be returning. Don't know how good they are this year, but I suspect considering the SEC and their non conference schedule they should coast through with no more than three or four losses. It will start to get interesting in a couple of years if not next year. I don't think they got what it takes this season with the seniors laden roster that SC has.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
200.gif

Last edited:
Have to agree that LSU is making a move top five freshman class and many of the players they have will be returning. Don't know how good they are this year, but I suspect considering the SEC and their non conference schedule they should coast through with no more than three or four losses. It will start to get interesting in a couple of years if not next year. I don't think they got what it takes this season with the seniors laden roster that SC has.

That's cool... i'm talking about the smack talking. Unfortunately, we won't know how good LSU really is until way later until they actually play some competition. Kim is bringing in some really good recruits no doubt about that but i do not think SC is really worried about them (yet). Dawn seems like a confident person and that exudes through her players. It will be interesting to watch.

That's cool... i'm talking about the smack talking. Unfortunately, we won't know how good LSU really is until way later until they actually play some competition. Kim is bringing in some really good recruits no doubt about that but i do not think SC is really worried about them (yet). Dawn seems like a confident person and that exudes through her players. It will be interesting to watch.
SC by a lot this season it appears. Next season the rosters will start looking fairly even.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
This appears to be Walz's weakest team in a long time. Yet, he still managed to make in through November ranked in the top 25...

Flip Louisville and Tennessee’s schedules and the Lady Vols would still be ranked also. They have two common opponents and both teams lost to them. In my opinion, Walz’s team looked worse against Gonzaga and just as bad against Ohio State.

And Ace (Knoxville) at Pitt is coming off the bench early, averaging 16 mins a game and 5 pts.

A theme

SC by a lot this season it appears. Next season the rosters will start looking fairly even.

How? LSU may have the #1 class but SC already has talent ready to step in and SC has the #2 class coming in as well. Unless they land some more big players in the portal their roster will still have holes and also will be young.

VN Store

Back