Tennessee Vols Basketball Recruiting

Didn’t they change that so that you could log some minutes as long as it’s under a certain percentage?

Negative Ghost Rider. I’ve wanted to say that for a while now.

As far as we all know, it is football only. For now. If he were to play and get a season ending injury (or other condition preventing him from playing) then he can participate in 30% of games (rounding down - 30.9% is considered 30%). Plus all games must be in the first half of the schedule.

Last edited:
Yuri Collins averaging 34.4mpg 12.4ppg 10.4apg and just 3.1topg so far this year, I remember quite a few folks questioning his turnovers. Would have been such an elite addition to this team imo, hate that it fell through.
Yep. Know why Barnes did what he did, but it was a huge mistake. When I think about the potential this roster would have with him on it....wow.

Yuri Collins averaging 34.4mpg 12.4ppg 10.4apg and just 3.1topg so far this year, I remember quite a few folks questioning his turnovers. Would have been such an elite addition to this team imo, hate that it fell through.
The missing piece.

I doubt Collins has much of an NBA future, and still has a year of eligibility (Covid year). I wonder if we don't see us take a second run at him next offseason? We didn't sign a true PG in this class, and he'd fill an immediate need. Similar to how the Tyreke Key transfer came to be.

Watched Collins against Auburn. He played well, but his size really hurt him at times. Probably should’ve had more TO’s than he ended up with.

He’s absolutely undersized, not nearly to the level of Ziegler, but he’s also the best distributor in CBB and one of the best defensive PG’s in CBB…would immediately make us better.
I didn’t say otherwise. I was commenting on Dallas’ statement that his size hurt him some in the Auburn game. I watched that game and I agreed with Dallas.

But that's still at Saint Louis...what's crazy here is that 3.1 topg would be the worst on the Vols.

I wanted him here, but he's not here and I'm not sure the point here?

ZZ is averaging 30.8mpg 10.0ppg, 3.5apg, 3.3rpg, 2.2spg, and just 2.7topg (so more steals per game, more rebounds per game, and less turnovers per game) and the craziest stat Yuri is at 21.4% from 3PT while ZZ is 26.5% (and people have been very vocal about how bad we've looked from deep)

We're a top 3 team with Tyrese Hunter.

Watched him tear up Gonzaga.

I don't think we would have a loss right now if he was here. He is playing well for Texas and is more of a scoring threat than distributor which I actually think we would have benefited from more.

I’m sure UT wanted Tyrese Hunter badly but Texas got him. No shame in losing a recruit to Texas. He would have been nice to have but Vols are still a very good team without him.

But that's still at Saint Louis...what's crazy here is that 3.1 topg would be the worst on the Vols.

I wanted him here, but he's not here and I'm not sure the point here?

ZZ is averaging 30.8mpg 10.0ppg, 3.5apg, 3.3rpg, 2.2spg, and just 2.7topg (so more steals per game, more rebounds per game, and less turnovers per game) and the craziest stat Yuri is at 21.4% from 3PT while ZZ is 26.5% (and people have been very vocal about how bad we've looked from deep)
You can’t simply look at TOPG and ignore the rest, his assist:to ratio (a much more telling stat) would be far and away the best on the team…his assist percentage would as well, he’s going to likely be recognized as an All-American, nobody outside of Knoxville would take Ziegler over him. And having both would’ve been an amazing luxury.

He’s absolutely undersized, not nearly to the level of Ziegler, but he’s also the best distributor in CBB and one of the best defensive PG’s in CBB…would immediately make us better.
No doubt. But I see the concerns when it comes to him handling the day to day grind in the SEC.

You can’t simply look at TOPG and ignore the rest, his assist:to ratio (a much more telling stat) would be far and away the best on the team…his assist percentage would as well, he’s going to likely be recognized as an All-American, nobody outside of Knoxville would take Ziegler over him. And having both would’ve been an amazing luxury.

To be fair we've not had a PG that even approached 10 apg in my lifetime watching the Vols, so to just assume that would translate directly here is a bit silly as well. He's at Saint Louis and they are running a different offensive/defensive style of basketball than us.

I wish Yuri would have came, but he didn't so bringing up what he's doing in our recruiting thread just seemed out of place. But I totally agree it would've been an amazing luxury to have him (or Hunter) to go with ZZ.

None of the film I've watched of Key suggests he's a viable option to run the 1. I just don't see it.

He looks and plays like an undersized 3, which isn't necessarily a bad thing- I'm confident he'll at least be a productive player in some capacity, but running the point? I need some convincing. His assist/ TO ratio is gross

I was grilled for some of my takes on Key but it seems to be coming into fruition. Just happy that Barnes was able to turn Zakai into the player we all wanted so bad from the portal.

VN Store

Back