Bowl Game question… (Hyatt sitting out?)

I would say it depends on if he's hearing from the people in the know that his projection is 1st or 2nd round.
If 1st round I wouldn't blame him if he sits.

Reactions: sami
I would say it depends on if he's hearing from the people in the know that his projection is 1st or 2nd round.
If 1st round I wouldn't blame him if he sits.

Glad I wasn't the first to post this, but it is stone cold reality. The season is over, and anything but the CFP is an exhibition at this point, important to the fan base but otherwise not the huge deal some are describing. The kid busted his ass and helped the Vols to their first 10-win season in ages, and in the process worked himself into a 1st round grade, which means serious guaranteed money.

Any fan who harbors ill feelings towards a kid who gave his all in a great season and played a big part in putting UT back on the map because he feels it's time to think about his future is incredibly short sighted. The kind of money involved now is far too great to roll the dice. Go ahead and flame away.

Clickbait buffoonery. Hyatt is close to breaking a record. Everyone who can possibly play is absolutely going to show up for a NY6 bowl.

If he is your son, and he has been assured of being a 1st round pick, are you advising him to risk injury to break a record no one will remember? If you say yes, I have to say you're not considering the question seriously.

He made his mark here this season, and is a VFL regardless.

I didnt read the article, but . . .
I don't blame him. Tillman is an example of why these kids should go get paid when they can. Hooker got hurt running the option while down 3 TDs in the 4th quarter.
I read somewhere JH projects as a 2nd round pick. Have no idea how accurate that is, don't care. He doesn't need to play in this one. I hope he does, but I totally get why he wouldn't. Thank you for the memories young man.

Glad I wasn't the first to post this, but it is stone cold reality. The season is over, and anything but the CFP is an exhibition at this point, important to the fan base but otherwise not the huge deal some are describing. The kid busted his ass and helped the Vols to their first 10-win season in ages, and in the process worked himself into a 1st round grade, which means serious guaranteed money.

Any fan who harbors ill feelings towards a kid who gave his all in a great season and played a big part in putting UT back on the map because he feels it's time to think about his future is incredibly short sighted. The kind of money involved now is far too great to roll the dice. Go ahead and flame away.

If you are a GUARANTEED first rounder, then yes, you sit. But he is not and I cannot tell you how many times guys have gotten bad advice, only to end up lower than these mysterious agents whispered.

I don't have the expertise to be definitive but I suspect if he played a balls out game, and he breaks the record, it could improve his draft score just a bit - and that may be the difference if he is on the #33 or #34 bubble between second and first. Its certainly a risk but it may be worth it in his case to try to ensure first round. If he isnt on the bubble though, meh, sitting may be best.

If he is your son, and he has been assured of being a 1st round pick, are you advising him to risk injury to break a record no one will remember? If you say yes, I have to say you're not considering the question seriously.

He made his mark here this season, and is a VFL regardless.

Agreed 100% if he is being told he is for SURE a 1st round. Only reason to risk the injury IMO is if he is near the bubble - thats maybe a $2-3m difference IIRC. But I would not blame him in the least if he decides not to risk it.

Last edited:
Reactions: sami and Jeff Clark

VN Store

Back