The Official #22 Tennessee vs. #3 Kansas Game Thread, 7:30 PM, ESPN

Solid win over Kansas always makes the day better.😎 Topped off the weekend watching Thad Matta lose to our Vols 😂

Off topic -- Aquaman had the best D.C. action figure in the '80s.

I can’t help notice that he is using the Miami Hurricanes colors.

This fits because the whole battle for Paul Bunyan’s Axe in College Football so it be awesome if the winner of the Battle for Atlantis College Basketball tournament would get the same style trident that Aquaman uses.

Reactions: DuckInAPen
From CBS Sports:
"Experience, size, star power, defense, defense and . . . more defense. That's a recipe that got Tennessee past Kansas and a result that could be a harbinger of even better times ahead for the program. This team with its win over KU now has the No. 1 defense in adjusted efficiency at KenPom.com, a top-30 offense in adjusted efficiency and a havoc-wreaking style that'll be a load for any foe this season."

Last edited:
From CBS Sports:
"Experience, size, star power, defense, defense and . . . more defense. That's a recipe that got Tennessee past Kansas and a result that could be a harbinger of even better times ahead for the program. This team with its win over KU now has the No. 1 defense in adjusted efficiency at KenPom.com, a top-30 offense in adjusted efficiency and a havoc-wreaking style that'll be a load for any foe this season."

So they could be a team that gets beyond the Sweet 16 in the March Madness Tournament.

For Kansas cry me a River.

7722E8AB-CC45-47F9-802F-E5ECA24BD729.png

From CBS Sports:
Your quote mentions we have the #1 defensive efficiency this year so far. What it does NOT mention is that we have the #1 defensive efficiency ever recorded by KENPOM in their 22-year history. No team has ever been better. Period.

What I can't fathom is how a team that won 3 games in 3 straight days against stiff competition could lose to a very mediocre Colorado.

What I can't fathom is how a team that won 3 games in 3 straight days against stiff competition could lose to a very mediocre Colorado.

Didn’t respect their opponent. Didn’t mentally prepare for the game. Literally just showed up expecting to win. They admitted to it. If you don’t play hard and don’t respect the other team, it will get you beat.

Leadership. It was reported that Barnes had a sit down with his leaders and was very straightforward with them. I don’t think it is a coincidence we have seen a different team since that discussion.

Leadership. It was reported that Barnes had a sit down with his leaders and was very straightforward with them. I don’t think it is a coincidence we have seen a different team since that discussion.
Barnes is always candid. You will know exactly where you stand with him. He has no favorites and nobody is excluded from his “communication.”

VN Store

Back