6-5 Florida vs 8-3 FSU

Florida losing to Vanderbilt and all their bitter rivals this year. Yeah, Sunbelt Billy Bob is a keeper. This calls for a nightcap!

Reactions: mackievol
I had Florida going 5-7. They were gifted wins against Utah and USF. They easily could have a 4 win season. Lucky to be going to a bowl.

Curious what your opinion of Napier's first year is if you don't mind?

Had we not lost to Vandy, and tonight’s game at FSU plays out exactly the same, I’d be in a better place. You can’t lose to Vandy…then again Kirby lost to Vandy his first season and they eventually recruited themselves into a powerhouse.

Napier inherited a garbage roster. Mullen literally stopped recruiting after 2019. Our best RB, WR and OL this season were transfers. AR was inexperienced and inconsistent, not all that surprising from a first year starter. Our defense was about as bad as any UF defense in my lifetime…for the third straight season.

That said, Napier has plenty of work to do. I’m far from sold on him…then again I thought Mullen was a home run hire after the 2018 season.

To put it into perspective, FSU fans rushed the field after beating a 6-win UF squad…playing without its starting TE, and 4 of its top 5 WRs…by a TD at home.

That’s how far this rivalry has fallen.
I was shocked they did that too. It was embarrassing imo. At least whenever we storm the field we do it against a program that has dominated the sport for the last 10-15 years.

To put it into perspective, FSU fans rushed the field after beating a 6-win UF squad…playing without its starting TE, and 4 of its top 5 WRs…by a TD at home.

That’s how far this rivalry has fallen.
Yeah that was wild. It seems to be the latest edition of a field storming I don't understand. This year has had several that were mind boggling.

Florida isn't anywhere near as bad as some of ya'll think they are. They just need to learn to execute better, but they are gonna be good next year. Feel free to bookmark this post.

Reactions: DiderotsGhost
Had we not lost to Vandy, and tonight’s game at FSU plays out exactly the same, I’d be in a better place. You can’t lose to Vandy…then again Kirby lost to Vandy his first season and they eventually recruited themselves into a powerhouse.

Napier inherited a garbage roster. Mullen literally stopped recruiting after 2019. Our best RB, WR and OL this season were transfers. AR was inexperienced and inconsistent, not all that surprising from a first year starter. Our defense was about as bad as any UF defense in my lifetime…for the third straight season.

That said, Napier has plenty of work to do. I’m far from sold on him…then again I thought Mullen was a home run hire after the 2018 season.

I think Napier will be pretty good. 1st seasons are typically rough for HCs, even the great ones. And agree that Napier inherited one of the weakest Florida rosters in recent history. Sorta the reverse of Jim McElwain who inherited a good roster (Muschamp always recruited well but didn't know what to do with the talent) and looked better than he really was early on.

Also Napier did the 'lose a bunch of close games' thing which is often a good portend of improvement the next season. Look at Josh Heupel last season. Went 7-6 with 3 narrow losses and we're 9-2 this season.

The Vandy loss is the really the only 'black mark' IMO, but again, Saban lost to Louisiana-Monroe in his 1st year at Bama.

That said, the SEC is going to be super-competitive from now-on. Like NFL-level difficult. There are at least 8 SEC teams with top-notch coaches (I'm including us and you all). If Auburn makes the right hire, it'll be 9. And Clark Lea, Shane Beamer, and Sam Pittman are all better than I expected. The only weak link I see right now is Drinkwitz (shocked that Mizzou gave him such a handsome raise; Barry Odom was much better). Even Jimbo, who sucked badly this year, is out there landing top talent at A&M.

Florida isn't anywhere near as bad as some of ya'll think they are. They just need to learn to execute better, but they are gonna be good next year. Feel free to bookmark this post.
Won’t have to bookmark it because they will be irrelevant next year as well. You think they are winning at Utah, at Kentucky, at South Carolina, at LSU? Heck, at Missouri will be a tossup. I haven’t even gotten into their games against us, Georgia, FSU and Arkansas lol

Won’t have to bookmark it because they will be irrelevant next year as well. You think they are winning at Utah, at Kentucky, at South Carolina, at LSU? Heck, at Missouri will be a tossup. I haven’t even gotten into their games against us, Georgia, FSU and Arkansas lol

0-12

Yeah that was wild. It seems to be the latest edition of a field storming I don't understand. This year has had several that were mind boggling.
LSU over Ole Miss was by far the worst. You’re 3 years removed from running roughshod over the entire SEC for a NC and it’s Ole Miss week 6/7. The number by their name at the time meant nothing.

Reactions: DiderotsGhost

VN Store

Back