Charlotte WR Grant Dubose (transfer portal)

I’m for taking this guy. Expecting to lose 2-3 wrs to draft/transfer and a speedster whose produced would be a good addition. Milton needs wrs around him that are leaders.

Reactions: Tnfan41
I’m for taking this guy. Expecting to lose 2-3 wrs to draft/transfer and a speedster whose produced would be a good addition. Milton needs wrs around him that are leaders.

How do you know this guy is a leader?

How do you know this guy is a leader?
He doesn’t need to be a vocal leader to be a leader. Some just do it with their work ethic and play. Dude would bring veteran work ethic, and obvious talent, and that alone can be a form of leadership. Ya don’t put up numbers like he has if you’re not putting in the work behind the scenes and that’s what we need to continue to foster, hard work ethic and dudes that make plays on Saturdays. The few vocal leaders on the team will occur naturally.

Reactions: Palm Beach Vol
Everyone jumping saying take this guy or that need to slow down. Portal is about to be loaded.
Doesn’t change that he could be a take. We won’t get them all. Maybe we don’t take this guy, but the numbers would suggest he’s worthy (pending Heupel and co eval).

He doesn’t need to be a vocal leader to be a leader. Some just do it with their work ethic and play. Dude would bring veteran work ethic, and obvious talent, and that alone can be a form of leadership. Ya don’t put up numbers like he has if you’re not putting in the work behind the scenes and that’s what we need to continue to foster, hard work ethic and dudes that make plays on Saturdays. The few vocal leaders on the team will occur naturally.

So you mean leader in terms of working hard. I get that.

Bc I was gonna say, I can point to a very specific example of him showing poor leadership skills - him being the best wr on his team and getting targets and catches but quitting on his teammates by transferring. Not like he’s leaving bc he’s buried on a depth chart.

None of that means he’s not a leader, just the only thing I know about him is that he’s transferring. Which is good for his career but doesn’t point to leadership.

So you mean leader in terms of working hard. I get that.

Bc I was gonna say, I can point to a very specific example of him showing poor leadership skills - him being the best wr on his team and getting targets and catches but quitting on his teammates by transferring. Not like he’s leaving bc he’s buried on a depth chart.

None of that means he’s not a leader, just the only thing I know about him is that he’s transferring. Which is good for his career but doesn’t point to leadership.
Yes I think you can be a leader in different ways.

Eh I don’t think his teammates would say he is a poor leader for doing what’s best for his career potential. It’s not like he’s trashing people on the way out. I’m sure it hurts him to move on from his teammates but you gotta do what you gotta do ya know? It’s kinda like, are JUCOs bad leaders when they move on from JUCO to a d1 school? I would say not, and would say the situations are comparable at the root.

Yes I think you can be a leader in different ways.

Eh I don’t think his teammates would say he is a poor leader for doing what’s best for his career potential. It’s not like he’s trashing people on the way out. I’m sure it hurts him to move on from his teammates but you gotta do what you gotta do ya know? It’s kinda like, are JUCOs bad leaders when they move on from JUCO to a d1 school? I would say not, and would say the situations are comparable at the root.

Moving from a juco to a D1 isn’t the same as moving from a D1 to a D1. Juco doesn’t have 4 years of eligibility.

He definitely is doing what’s best for his career, as he should. Just pointing out that when we went through a coaching change and players left, VN collectively scolded them. And still speak to them quitting on the program.

Things we say are traits of quitters can’t also be traits of leaders just bc we’re on the other side this time.

VN Store

Back