The Zone official Thanksgiving Thread

dressing.jpg

Just before I put it in the pans. greased the Pyrex with Duck fat...

Used 1 and 3/4 of the cornbread afore mentioned.

sautéed 1 cup of white onions and 1 cup of celery in 1 stick of butter, and added to crumbled up cornbread
Then warmed up 2 quarts of chicken broth (saving the duck drippings for gravy) and poured that in in this tub...
The next part has to be done by hand makes sure hands are thoroughly clean and sterilized and maybe use prep plastic gloves if you feel the need.
get your hands in and just mash the hell out of it until there are no big pieces add the broth a few cups at a time. after I was done added an additional 2 cups of broth and stirred in finely chopped duck dark meat maybe about 1/2 a cup, and then chopped up 12 eggs and stirred those in with spoon (save eggs till last or they will break up too much.) Always wait to add any giblets or eggs until after mashing up with hands.

Set oven to 350 and baking 30-45 minutes. After 15 minutes stir it, and add more broth if it's getting to dry. Obviously normally we wouldn't be using duck giblets and duck fat....it would be turkey and crisco....but this year we're doing a duck thing so there it is.

Ended up with a lil extra enough for a third smaller pan.

I love chicken salad!
I know.

I love pasta and cheese, but I dont like macaroni therefore I make fun of macaroni and eaters of macaroni.

You love chicken salad but don't like mayo therefore you make fun of mayo and eaters of mayo.

I thought that was a legitimate response. If not, I got nothing else.

Reactions: VolNExile

I love dis dog. 39 pounds of muscle (mebe a pound of fat if that) By far the biggest standard Doxie I have seen he's every bit the size of Silas his notorious grandfather. I feel kinda bad I am not up to giving him the hunting experiences he deserves. He'd destroy a Badger...and no rabbit warren would be safe. As is he's just a gentle giant.

Last edited:
Reactions: malinoisvol
I know.

I love pasta and cheese, but I dont like macaroni therefore I make fun of macaroni and eaters of macaroni.

You love chicken salad but don't like mayo therefore you make fun of mayo and eaters of mayo.

I thought that was a legitimate response. If not, I got nothing else.
I recall it that I get hassled for liking chicken salads, potato salads, deviled eggs, but don't like mayo straight up.

Is there an animal fat more healthful for human consumption than duck or goose fat?

Is there an animal fat more healthful for human consumption than duck or goose fat?

I dunno but birds are all tasty...and in this order from least to best.

Chicken < Turkey < Goose < Duck

And for the record I love chicken. If you have shied away from Goose and Duck...don't! They are fantastic, water foul have a different oil, and grease about them for the water, and just twice the flavor. Also after preparing them your hands will be softer then cocoa butter can achieve.

Duck is the king of bird flavor. There's no tastier roasted bird.

Won't put Ostrich or Emu on here cause honestly it's more like beef. Smaller bird just arn't worth the time....but I have eaten some Pheasants and Pidgeon with the best of em.

Love me some bird flesh. My favorite oil/fat for cooking is goose/duck fat. That said, I use more olive oil than anything else.

Reactions: Sgt_Nick_Fury

VN Store

Back