Coaches Hot Seat Watcher

No they really don't give a damn about college football when you get down to it. They're similar to Kansas and Indiana fans.

I hate to defend UK fans but I would say compared to those 2 fan bases they are diehards. UK fans support the program and show up, it's just most don't have any real expectations of ever doing anything bigger than a Citrus Bowl and once November hits if they aren't in any championship contention (you know.....like every year) and especially a year like this where they are back to average then they are on to basketball.

Butch is definitely toast unless he somehow beats Troy. 5-19 isn’t gonna cut it even in Jonesboro.

Butch is definitely toast unless he somehow beats Troy. 5-19 isn’t gonna cut it even in Jonesboro.

If he does get another year my guess it's a short leash. They start out 0-3 or 1-4 or something like that, he's probably gone. Arky St. has actually had some decent standards since they had Freeze. Butch has gotten them their worst results in about 20 years.

If he does get another year my guess it's a short leash. They start out 0-3 or 1-4 or something like that, he's probably gone. Arky St. has actually had some decent standards since they had Freeze. Butch has gotten them their worst results in about 20 years.

Getting fired by UT broke him. He's a better coach than what he has shown at Arkansas State IMO.

No, he was a fraud. Always was, always will be.

He was a better coach than 5-19 at Arkansas State. He’s broken as a coach now. I’m not saying he was ever a great or even good coach, but he’s producing absolutely abysmal results when that’s happened only once before in his career and it was during and then after the 2016 season.

He was a better coach than 5-19 at Arkansas State. He’s broken as a coach now. I’m not saying he was ever a great or even good coach, but he’s producing absolutely abysmal results when that’s happened only once before in his career and it was during and then after the 2016 season.
Butch is competent to coach at the ArkySt level. Let's face it, the competition is stiff in the Sun Belt. Everybody has talent now. Just like in Knoxville, Butch will be made or broken by the competency of his staff. He was good with Bajakian and Jancek.

He needs to go back to one of the directional Michigan schools and look good against the MAC.

Butch is competent to coach at the ArkySt level. Let's face it, the competition is stiff in the Sun Belt. Everybody has talent now. Just like in Knoxville, Butch will be made or broken by the competency of his staff. He was good with Bajakian and Jancek.

He needs to go back to one of the directional Michigan schools and look good against the MAC.

I’m not sure he is competent to coach at Arky St anymore.

Getting fired by UT broke him. He's a better coach than what he has shown at Arkansas State IMO.
He made some money and then just went through the motions once fired by Tennessee. Once the buyout payments ended he was stuck trying to find a real job. If Arky St fires him that's probably it for him as a head coach at this level.

Reactions: tbwhhs and Aesius
He made some money and then just went through the motions once fired by Tennessee. Once the buyout payments ended he was stuck trying to find a real job. If Arky St fires him that's probably it for him as a head coach at this level.

If he didn't have such a robotic personality, I'd say he'd probably do well to join ESPN, Fox, or CBS as an analyst but I can't see him being very good at that either.

Sounds like Rhule is going to Nebraska. He brought Baylor back from nothing, so I’ll be interested to see what he can do for the Huskers. Those fans have endured some rough years like we have. I’d like to see someone in the Big 10 come up that has a chance to challenge Ohio State and Michigan.

Reactions: SpookyAction
Butch is pretty slick and he may rebound after Arkansas State. He was close at Tennessee to having success and some school like Toledo may give him a shot. I wish Butch Jones no ill will and hope he finds success again. Terry Bowden has bounced around and had a decent career as an ex-SEC head coach and so may Butch.

Reactions: SpookyAction
GameDay talking like Freeze is coming to Auburn. That will make the West even tougher. I bet the Bammers don’t wanna see that.

Butch is pretty slick and he may rebound after Arkansas State. He was close at Tennessee to having success and some school like Toledo may give him a shot. I wish Butch Jones no ill will and hope he finds success again. Terry Bowden has bounced around and had a decent career as an ex-SEC head coach and so may Butch.

Butch is a bad start to the 2023 season away from never getting a head coaching job again.

Reactions: the_todd

I think the "rules" are you only get to be fired twice at most as a HC in CFB. Maybe a few exceptions here and there due to guys with a famous last name or some other oddity but as a general rule it holds.

VN Store

Back