Golesh to CU?

I hope not for him.

They in a BAD place. His life expectancy (as the HC would be 3 1/2 years). Not sure that’s the place for “start” your HC career. He’s only been a full time OC for 2 years now. Not saying he isn’t capable……..but just a terrible spot for someone with NO experience.

USF, GA Tech, Colorado?? No, no, no, no, no. Why should he take any ol head coaching job that just pops up like that? He should bide his time and build on his resume here until some real programs offer.

Life changing money would be the motivating factor, I’d think.

The golden parachutes offered these days makes the risk of going to a turd program, less “risky”.

USF, GA Tech, Colorado?? No, no, no, no, no. Why should he take any ol head coaching job that just pops up like that? He should bide his time and build on his resume here until some real programs offer.
Is that you, Josh? (cough, cough)

Reactions: MAD
USF would be a nice gig if the money is right. Colorado and GT are definitely dead ends, but even there, he’d likely make enough to retire in comfort for the rest of his life and he’d still have OC options after the inevitable firing.

i think he waits for a good job. no reason to jump for a high risk like CU. BUT if he doesnt its not the end of the world. he doesn't call plays here

Reactions: grandjason
Read a yahoo article that they are considering interviewing him for the head coach position. I hope not.
That is more of what I expected. Some of these jobs they had him tied to aren’t worth leaving the OC position at Tennessee.
What Ut is doing on offense is going to attract schools and I don’t see him being here next year.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
Very few guys move right from a coordinator job into a "good" P5 head coach job. If Golesh wants to be a head coach, he's gonna have to start on a low rung. I'm any of the schools mentioned earlier would roll the dice on him, he has to go. If he waits a year or two and our offense regresses, whether through not being able to replace Hooker's production or opposing DCs unlocking CJH's scheme, he will probably be looking at FCS jobs.

I hope not for him.

They in a BAD place. His life expectancy (as the HC would be 3 1/2 years). Not sure that’s the place for “start” your HC career. He’s only been a full time OC for 2 years now. Not saying he isn’t capable……..but just a terrible spot for someone with NO experience.

Agree completely. You have to start your head coaching career somewhere, but to do it in a place that has been a dumpster fire for as long as CU is a brutal way to 'get your feet wet'. Four seasons and a 10-38 record, and Golesh will be seen as a guy who is better off just being a coordinator even if he has HC ability, and the next opportunity might never come.

Reactions: JoAllan
Dont get things twisted. JH calls the plays to his offense. So if you think things are gonna change after the OCs departure you might be wrong. Halzle will get a promotion and from what i have read he is ready for it.
probably lose Mack if he names Halzle OC.

Dont get things twisted. JH calls the plays to his offense. So if you think things are gonna change after the OCs departure you might be wrong. Halzle will get a promotion and from what i have read he is ready for it.

I agree CJH calls the plays but Golesh helps him a lot through the week and in the games. He’s always up there telling the coach what he’s seeing. Heupel has spoken of him helping to identify mismatches and so forth.

He doesn’t even know if Colorado will be a Power 5 job in 2 years. Not even Colorado knows what conference they’ll be in. I’ve heard Boulder is great, but I’m not sure right now is the time to go to these tweener teams in the PAC12 or ACC . Like a Colorado, GT, BC etc…

VN Store

Back