I'm ok with the season

mudhen

We beat LSU, Bama, and the gators. If we are being honest, most of us would have been OK with 8 and 4, or 9/3. And a decent bowl. If we wake the fu@# up and destroy Vandy, we get a good bowl and top recruits, hopefully in the cornerback department. And happy Thanksgiving to you all!

I’m still disappointed and will continue to wonder “what could have been” IF TCU or USC slips. Hopefully they don’t lose as I still think the committee would have selected USC if they ran the table.

With that said, I’ve had so much fun this season going to the games and reuniting w fraternity brothers (from the early to mid 90’s) and tailgating w/ my son (soph @ the Hill) before watching the Vols put on a show.

I am sad to see the season end as it’s been an incredible yr with along w/ a rabid fan base. One more to go so hopefully our boys end the yr on a high note.

Go Vols!

Last edited:
We beat LSU, Bama, and the gators. If we are being honest, most of us would have been OK with 8 and 4, or 9/3. And a decent bowl. If we wake the fu@# up and destroy Vandy, we get a good bowl and top recruits, hopefully in the cornerback department. And happy Thanksgiving to you all!
Ok with possibly 10-2 or better after the last 15 years? Ingrates kill me

I really don't think you will find anyone who will say it hasn't been a great year up until Saturday. I think the issue is people are upset to have the "all but guaranteed CFP berth" ripped away.

nothing can change my mind on how great this season has been. Regardless of what happens the rest of the season it has been a massive success in my opinion. The future looks extremely bright on Rocky Top.

I hate how it feels that after such a great year we end up being the joke of the football world once again. the record is great, I just dont like how we went from so high to so low in a couple weeks.

poor take. your expectations have to change as the year unfolds. vols crapped with bed against a terrible team with playoffs hopes on the line. loss this week is 9-3... feels a lot like 2016 butch jones vols.

poor take. your expectations have to change as the year unfolds. vols crapped with bed against a terrible team with playoffs hopes on the line. loss this week is 9-3... feels a lot like 2016 butch jones vols.

Your take is poor. Adjusting expectations constantly moves the goalposts, and sets you up for disappointment. It’s unfair to everyone, most of all yourself.

Sports are supposed to be for fun, but this takes all the fun out. You’re setting yourself up to be consistently disappointed. What a miserable life.

Your take is poor. Adjusting expectations constantly moves the goalposts, and sets you up for disappointment. It’s unfair to everyone, most of all yourself.

Sports are supposed to be for fun, but this takes all the fun out. You’re setting yourself up to be consistently disappointed. What a miserable life.
you're ok with wins over uf,lsu,bama and losing to a TERRIBLE uscjr team with playoffs on the line?....you probably think butch or cornbread should still be the coach hahaha

Agree with this. But let’s not assume a Vandy win. I’m very nervous about that game now.

And you probably thought we were going 7-5 going into the season.
i said 8-4 going into this season. i agree that 10-2 or 9-3 is a step in the right direction from where we've been. a loss this week will be a red flag for CJH. A loss last week was totally inexcusable PERIOD.

Reactions: LittleVol
Happy with the season. NOT happy about crapping away a golden opportunity Saturday, but if you just say 9-2 and beat Bama…..I’m happy. Now get thumped by Vandy and all of that is out the window.

I thought we would beat either Georgia,Florida or Bama and lose to someone we shouldn’t lose to. I was close never thought we would win 2 of the so called big 3. Great season

Reactions: HalfullVol
i said 8-4 going into this season. i agree that 10-2 or 9-3 is a step in the right direction from where we've been. a loss this week will be a red flag for CJH. A loss last week was totally inexcusable PERIOD.

No one is happy with the SC loss. But saying we’re unhappy with 10-2 (if it happens) when no one expected it is insane. Hopefully, we right the ship, go to s good bowl, finish 11-2, and head into 2023 with this program chugging along with a ton of momentum. And that’s exactly what the case would be.

A 2-loss Year 2, with streak breaking wins over our two top rivals is by far the most we could’ve hoped for in August.

Had we lost to LSU, Florida, Bama or even Pitt and been 9 and 2 at this point, I could live with it. But losing to SC like that, 63 points and 606 yards??? It's just painful.

Once this season is over, and it's all played out. Just looking at the record I'm sure everyone will be happy with it, until the SC game is brought up. It's an ugly scar on this year.

I thought an 8 win season was it, with maybe 9 or even 7 being reasonable. So yes, this season is better than I expected.
But the reality is, we were likely going to playoffs and playing (possibly) for the National Championship, that should have been the reality of the season, based on both SC and Vandy remaining on the schedule. While we will hopefully look back on this season with a smile, for the most part, and have hope for the future....ultimately this year will be a disappointment for the vast majority because of the unranked SC team taking us to school in what should have been an easy win. That's the reality of the season.....Lord help us all if Vandy opens up on us......

Had we lost to LSU, Florida, Bama or even Pitt and been 9 and 2 at this point, I could live with it. But losing to SC like that, 63 points and 606 yards??? It's just painful.

Once this season is over, and it's all played out. Just looking at the record I'm sure everyone will be happy with it, until the SC game is brought up. It's an ugly scar on this year.

Strange. I’d much rather lose to SC than Florida or Alabama. Can’t imagine thinking otherwise. Those were huge monkeys we got off our backs, which is huge going forward. And our two top/most hated rivals. The Bama win was probably the best sports event I’ve ever been to in my life. No way I’d trade that for the SC win, which, had we win, would have been ho hum.

If you told me before the season we’d go 10-2 (again, we still have to beat Vandy) and I could pick the 2 losses, SC would probably be a top candidate. I’d probably have said SC and Pitt. But Bama and Florida are definitely the two I want to win the most. Every year.

I predicted 9-3 with losses to LSU, Bama and UGA. So if we win vs Vandy my expectations were exceeded. It’s hard to be too upset. But it’ll still always be frustrating we just had to beat two scrubs to get in the playoffs and we got whooped by at least one of them

Reactions: SAPPER 5
Not sure we'll EVER get over or forget about last Saturday. With that said I'm able to move on with the season and be very happy with what this team and staff accomplished this season. Let's be real gang, NONE OF US expected to be ranked #1 and nearly compete for a national title before this season started. This season was awesome (minus UGA and clearly USC) and will help this program so much in the future as it put us back on the national map with the media and recruits. In a weird way the Hooker injury helps me with the heartbreaking loss last weekend. Without him there is no chance we have for a Natty this season. Now with all this said if we some how loose to Vandy I'll be in rehab for the holidays.

VN Store

Back