AU-Freeze, will it happen?

His girls are 15 and 17. I'd say they are still on the west coast with mom.
Once they move out and are on their own I may call up ol Layla and see if I got a chance . I wouldn’t want to move in and cramp their style at this point though .

Layla and I will take it slow at first , maybe take her for the tour of Italy at the Olive Garden

Reactions: loservol
Once they move out and are on their own I may call up ol Layla and see if I got a chance . I wouldn’t want to move in and cramp their style at this point though .

Layla and I will take it slow at first , maybe take her for the tour of Italy at the Olive Garden

I dunno man. Layla always seemed like a southwest kinda girl to me. So I'm thinking Golden Corral may be more appropriate

Reactions: Jravol78

She is a gorgeous woman for sure, but I can’t bat anywhere after Lane Kiffin in the lineup. I just can’t.

If this happens, who does Ole Miss hire?

Botch will need a job soon. Doubt Saban needs him back to wash his cars.

Matt Rhule maybe-his name has kinda been under the radar last few weeks for several jobs. Auburn and Nebraska are the biggies so far (maybe include Wisconsin?). If Auburn goes with Kiff, and Nebraska goes elsewhere Rhule could find himself in a pinch and have to decide to either go for an Ole Miss level job or sit out a year.

Jamey Chadwell-maybe. If he's gonna leave, this would be the time. Senior heavy group this year at CC. Could be a pretty clean break. Doubt an SEC school would risk it though until he gets a bit more seasoning.

Freeze-nah, but would be hilarious

Best guess here is the field. Ole Miss would end up getting fifth or sixth dibs on candidates so who knows what could happen there.

Reactions: VolunteerHillbilly
If this happens, who does Ole Miss hire?
If they were gonna pay Kiffin 9.5mil, then they should go all in on Fickell, but I’m not sure where he wants to be tbh. I’m sure Cincinnati is not his ceiling. Ole Miss is a tricky spot for a good coach because, more likely than not, they’ll end up leaving for a bigger program if they’re successful.

Auburn dying to get Kiffin is funny. Dude is an 8-4 coach his entire career. Yes he jumps up and has a great year every here and there and then he quickly goes back to his career average of 8-4. That means to get there he also will have a 6-6 type year. If he stays at Ole Miss it’s coming. Auburn seems to be caught up in his hype. We bought into it too but he had very little coaching record at the time so I understand why we did. Now there’s enough track record to understand what you’re getting. It would be a mistake for Auburn but he’s definitely an upgrade over Harsin, who was an absolutely terrible hire. The only reason Kiffin is a mistake for Auburn is because 8-4 isn’t good enough there. They fired Malzahn, who was about an 8-4 during his tenure there.

Reactions: Fightmaker
Just trying to think it through from their perspective:
1. He's a big enough hire that it would justify passing on Carnell Williams even if they win the Iron Bowl. I think they are desperately scared of the national media branding them as a racist institution if they don't hire Williams. Hire Kiffin or even Freeze and you can credibly argue that Cadillac was your #3 but experience and past success was the deciding factor.
2. They instantly kneecap an SECW rival that is currently a rung or two above them on the ladder.

I think Freeze would be a better choice if they are serious about beating Bama. If the rumors are true about Kifin leaving Ole Miss, I bet the team comes out unmotivated and Mississippi State wins the Egg Bowl tonight.

Last edited:
Just trying to think it through from their perspective:
1. He's a big enough hire that it would justify passing on Carnell Williams even if they win the Iron Bowl. I think they are desperately scared of the national media branding them as a racist institution if they don't hire Williams. Hire Kiffin or even Freeze and you can credibly argue that Cadillac was your #3 but experience and past success was the deciding factor.
2. They instantly kneecap an SECW rival that is currently a rung or two above them on the ladder.
The Auburn brass is secretly praying for total domination by Alabama for the reasons you mentioned. Roy S Johnson penned an article in the past couple of days challenging Auburn to permanently hire Cadillac before the iron bowl, because he knows they will have justifiable reasons not to do so afterwards.

Reactions: VolunteerHillbilly
The Auburn brass is secretly praying for total domination by Alabama for the reasons you mentioned. Roy S Johnson penned an article in the past couple of days challenging Auburn to permanently hire Cadillac before the iron bowl, because he knows they will have justifiable reasons not to do so afterwards.
To be fair to them, I think they want to hire a coach with substantial experience as a head coach. If Williams had that, they probably would have already hired him.

To be fair to them, I think they want to hire a coach with substantial experience as a head coach. If Williams had that, they probably would have already hired him.
I know it goes against everything competitive about college FB, but I wish Bama would let Auburn win Saturday, just for the chaos it would create.

Reactions: Plecoptera
The news this morning states that Kiffin told the players last night that he turned down the Auburn job.

VN Store

Back