Bowls

Well LSU is a non factor. They win in Atlanta, they are in the playoff. They lose to UGA and take a 3rd loss, they are out of the Top 10. We win vs Vandy and we basically will Orange bowl if i had to bet a dollar. I don't see Bama losing to Auburn.

View attachment 517004
So looking at orange bowl potentially? Sorry for the confusion.

Well LSU is a non factor. They win in Atlanta, they are in the playoff. They lose to UGA and take a 3rd loss, they are out of the Top 10. We win vs Vandy and we basically will Orange bowl if i had to bet a dollar. I don't see Bama losing to Auburn.

View attachment 517004
a 2 loss LSU team doesn't get in without help

If 10-2 #5 LSU beats the #1 12-0 team in Atlanta, they are 10000000% going to the Playoff. The #5 ranked team beating #1 is not going to be kept in an idle spot just because of 2 losses.
A. It’s not likely to happen.
B. I still don’t think they’d jump UGA (especially as the the defending NCs)
OSU/UM
TCU
USC
UGA

A. It’s not likely to happen.
B. I still don’t think they’d jump UGA.
OSU/UM
TCU
USC
UGA

They don't have to jump UGA.

UGA is in the playoff regardless if they win or lose.

If LSU wins in Atlanta, you'd have the following:

1. OSU/Michigan Winner
  2. UGA/TCU
  3. TCU/UGA (seeding for 12-1 UGA don't matter at 2 or 3)
  4. 11-2 LSU

They don't have to jump UGA.

UGA is in the playoff regardless if they win or lose.

If LSU wins in Atlanta, you'd have the following:

1. OSU/Michigan Winner
  2. UGA/TCU
  3. TCU/UGA (seeding for 12-1 UGA don't matter at 2 or 3)
  4. 11-2 LSU
I think USC would get in if they win out.

Either way, LSU and Bama will get better bowl spots. Plus the loser of OSU/UM winner is still gonna be above UT

View attachment 517004

Michigan will be ahead of Tennessee in the CFP ranking and get the Orange bowl over UT. (EDIT: I was corrected by 2 posters that Michigan would get Rose.)

Last edited:
I think USC would get in if they win out.

Either way, LSU and Bama will get better bowl spots. Plus the loser of OSU/UM winner is still gonna be above UT

11-2 LSU would have wins over the season over 3 Top 7 ranked teams. USC at 12-1 would have 3 wins over 1 top ten team and two top 15 ranked teams.....

LSU's 3 wins are enough to negate their two losses and outweigh USC's 3 ranked wins.....

I don't expect LSU to win in Atlanta, but even if they do, they don't impact us. They win, they are in with Georgia in the Playoff. They lose, a 3rd loss drops them below us and Bama / Tennessee split the Sugar and Orange bowl. Yeehwa

11-2 LSU would have wins over the season over 3 Top 7 ranked teams. USC at 12-1 would have 3 wins over 1 top ten team and two top 15 ranked teams.....

LSU's 3 wins are enough to negate their two losses and outweigh USC's 3 ranked wins.....

I don't expect LSU to win in Atlanta, but even if they do, they don't impact us. They win, they are in with Georgia in the Playoff. They lose, a 3rd loss drops them below us and Bama / Tennessee split the Sugar and Orange bowl. Yeehwa
That Ole Miss win is about as good as Tennessee‘s over UK. Non factor

Michigan will be ahead of Tennessee in the CFP ranking and get the Orange bowl over UT
Not sure why Michigan wouldn’t go to the rose bowl if they lose to osu. The rose wouldn’t take a 4 or 5 loss team from the big ten west over Michigan

Not sure why Michigan wouldn’t go to the rose bowl if they lose to osu. The rose wouldn’t take a 4 or 5 loss team from the big ten west over Michigan

Correct. From the 🌹 Bowl selection criteria:

“Should a team from the Big Ten or Pac-12 be selected to play in the College Football Playoff, the Tournament of Roses will traditionally select the next-highest CFP-ranked team from that conference.”

That Ole Miss win is about as good as Tennessee‘s over UK. Non factor

They were #7 AP (pre CFP rankings) when LSU beat them handedly......

If LSU finishes 11-2, they will have wins over 3 Top 7 ranked teams...... No one else would have a resume that comes close to that.

Put it this way if you want to look at the season as a whole instead of when they played the game.

LSU at 11-2's 3 best wins would be UGA, Bama, Ole Miss. Their combined record in regular season likely to be 31-6 at best (includes 1 Conf Title game)

LSU at 11-2's 2 losses would be Tennessee and Florida State. Their combined record in regular season likely to be 19-5

Say USC wins out at 12-1.. Their 3 best wins would be UCLA, Oregon, Notre Dame. If that happens, their combined regular season 27-10 at best....

While USC had some solid wins and would stack up against most other teams in the country, LSU has the ace in the hole with theirs.

I think that is why the Committee is basically giving LSU a spot to win and in or lose and be eliminated.

Since committee picks the Cotton Bowl, I could see them slating LSU to that if they lose to UGA.

Reactions: Woodlawn VOL
From the Sugar Bowl:

“The Allstate Sugar Bowl will host the champions of the SEC and the Big 12 unless either or both of those champions are selected for the College Football Playoff. If either of the champions do qualify for the playoff, another highly-ranked representative from the conference(s) will play in the Allstate Sugar Bowl. In the case of the SEC, the replacement team would be the top-ranked non-playoff team. In the case of the Big 12, the replacement team would be the next non-playoff team with the best record in the regular-season standings.”

Reactions: Beagle Bill
Cotton Bowl:

“The CFP Selection Committee ranks the top 25 teams and selects the four teams to participate in the semifinal games (Fiesta and Peach). Then, after the contract bowls (Sugar, Rose and Orange) are filled based on conference agreements, the Committee will assign teams to fill the remaining access bowls (Cotton).”

Reactions: ATC_VOL

VN Store

Back